• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Pat doesn't know he can move the right stick to, you know, look up.

He also apparently didn't realize you can heal while poisoned and trivially outpace the damage of the poison. I mean, it even says SLOW POISON when you contract it, and it's not like he's never rolled around in Blighttown before. Poor old Pat's going senile.

Numb

He also apparently didn't realize you can heal while poisoned and trivially outpace the damage of the poison. I mean, it even says SLOW POISON when you contract it, and it's not like he's never rolled around in Blighttown before. Poor old Pat's going senile.

Makes it more hilarious when he dies tho.
This LP has had alot of moments.

Man this new Naruto movie is looking great.

kSYtmWE.png

Zenfalcia

It's like he never played a souls game before.

I love the Beast and Kin designs, at least aesthetically. (There are a few, particularly in the Chalice Dungeons, I could take or leave mechanically.) The only boss I can think of that I don't care for from an aesthetic and lore perspective is the Shadows, they need to get their garbo butts back to Dark Souls II.

The Beasts are probably my favorite, though. The Cleric Beast, BSB, Vicar, and Gascoigne really are a microcosm of the true Bloodborne experience for me. Those are the fights where the game delivers on both the core conceit and gameplay expectations enormously. The Kin are more "story" bosses, I suppose, and while they're nice for variety's sake, they just don't deliver like the Beast Brigade do.

I'm 90% sure there's some anime out there with a vampire tsundere who "doesn't even need your blood, baka", and I'm not sure if that makes this all better or worse.

Skrams

I'm just going to spoiler tag Bloodborne stuff because I'd rather do that then spoiler tag certain bits at this point.

Bloodborne Part 13-
They did what I thought they'd do and search the wrong area for "scaffolding" that is actually the shit you need to drop off near Djura's ladder. Also Woolie getting weapon information wrong like a liar again then Pat blaming Liam for wrong info. "The Demon's and Dark kick was way better," said Pat. Demon's Souls didn't have a kick, Pat. We're just Two Best Liars Play at this point. It's kind of sad that Djura just falls off for most people. Pat also seems to have the idea of counters down where you just touch each others face and then shoot. "By the time this video goes up, that patch will probably already be out," said Pat. Well, uh, about that.

Bloodborne Part 14-
Looking for more mysterious scaffolding in all the wrong places, more wrong Liam blaming, grinding for pilebunkers, being really conservative with blood vials when facing minibosses like hunters, and stuff. The fights with BSB were good and I was drooling at the hitboxes now that I got to witness them without playing at the same time. The swings went over their heads so much and it was great. Hopefully the next battle works out for them and we don't freak out over no fire papers, antidotes, bullets, or vials. Later in the game I had little to no use for levels so I just started buying vials/bullets when I felt I was a little low in the stock. They might have to adopt that sooner or just start grinding a bit. Or go and kill some wheelchair men for their bullets.

Revelaitons Part 16- I wonder if that's all of the bad ending so far. That shit is pretty bad and I can't wait to see what happens in Barry's part. I'm glad Pat also realized it was all his fault for mashing.

ArjanN

Man, that bad end in Revelaiatons is pretty bad and we haven't even gotten to Barry's part.

I liked that Pat assumed that because Claire's bit was really short, redoing this episode for the good ending would take no time at all.
But Barry's chapter is really long to compensate and that's the one you'll have to replay. :p
Not that replaying Claire ep 3 and Barry ep 4 even takes all that long if you just put it on easy and run past everything.

Man im really curious about what the good end is now.

Still can't wait to see their reactions. I love how the good ending is super satisfying and the bad ending is just a big kick in the balls, so it actually worked out great that they got the bad end first.

Considering Pat spent 200+ hours grinding for items in monster hunter, that he'd be ok with grinding for some more blood vials.

I think it's more that he typically hoards items and then the game ends and you have 999 items you never used.

I'm pretty sure they could have pulled it out a couple of times there by just spamming heal a bit more.

Bloodborne Part 14-
Looking for more mysterious scaffolding in all the wrong places, more wrong Liam blaming, grinding for pilebunkers, being really conservative with blood vials when facing minibosses like hunters, and stuff. The fights with BSB were good and I was drooling at the hitboxes now that I got to witness them without playing at the same time. The swings went over their heads so much and it was great. Hopefully the next battle works out for them and we don't freak out over no fire papers, antidotes, bullets, or vials. Later in the game I had little to no use for levels so I just started buying vials/bullets when I felt I was a little low in the stock. They might have to adopt that sooner or just start grinding a bit. Or go and kill some wheelchair men for their bullets.

I was surprised that they weren't hit by BSB's ambiguous throw hitbox more often. Overall, Bloodborne does hitboxes well, except in some cases, like Blood Letting Beast, and Abhorrent Beast.

Skrams

I was surprised that they weren't hit by BSB's ambiguous throw hitbox more often. Overall, Bloodborne does hitboxes well, except in some cases, like Blood Letting Beast, and Abhorrent Beast.

They were never hit so I was actually wondering if I was misremembering the grapple animation. They dodged it always when it looked like they would of gotten hit. I was pretty surprised at it actually. I've usually been fine with the hitboxes besides the odd couple times. The worst it's been is when I attack an enemy and we phase through each other where neither of us hit each other. I don't know about the chalice dungeon bosses at all so I can't speak for their shit.

I think it's more that he typically hoards items and then the game ends and you have 999 items you never used.

And I feel this is kind of weird behaviour if you've been playing as many RPG's as Pat has. By some point you'd have to realize that you're not playing as efficiently as you could be and use more items. It's kinda weird that he sees that almost every enemy is dropping health and he's consistently maxed out but still hoards them, IIRC Liam does it too.

On the other hand in some RPG's they go "Yeah always keep your health topped off" and use health items or spells to heal like 5 health and it drives me nuts.

See I knew my perfectionist RPG craziness would get the better of me.

Okingjrr

Damn. It's Friday, that eliminates the possibility of the MKX LP continuing. Hopefully it's this Saturday or their video schedule is messed up.

Watch FNF be MKX "Test Your Luck" for an hour.
Also, if the machinima episode is gonna be MKX, are they just gonna edit parts of the LP to make a 15 minute video ? (A la Beyond Two Souls)

And I feel this is kind of weird behaviour if you've been playing as many RPG's as Pat has. By some point you'd have to realize that you're not playing as efficiently as you could be and use more items. It's kinda weird that he sees that almost every enemy is dropping health and he's consistently maxed out but still hoards them, IIRC Liam does it too.

On the other hand in some RPG's they go "Yeah always keep your health topped off" and use health items or spells to heal like 5 health and it drives me nuts.

See I knew my perfectionist RPG craziness would get the better of me.
To be fair, I've heard that Bloodborne stops dropping bullets and vials as often at some point, so hoarding early on makes a lot of sense.

I've played a ton of RPGs and I still horde the hell out of items. I don't think it really matters how long you've been playing them, you're always going to have that worry for the one time that it might actually happen.

MrHoot

To be fair, I've heard that Bloodborne stops dropping bullets and vials as often at some point, so hoarding early on makes a lot of sense.

Nah you can farm bullets and vials infinitely. Like you can do the Central Yarnham run again and again for vials, and use the leftover echoes to buy some bullets

I kinda understand the "hoarding certain items" mentality because it's just varying from rpg to rpg. Some stuff, like the fire paper, seems "too good" for the game to keep dispensing it (you can actually buy some later on in the game but it's pretty expensive, and doesn't otherwise drop I think). While some others, like Mario RPG, just give shit like it's free all the time. Usually though I tend to use items more and more now in RPGs, but that nagging doubt that "shit, i'll run out and then there'll be that big asshole boss that's super weak to that later on" is always there.

Skrams

For people who hate to waste items, it's just a thing you have to start to feel out for each game. I'm getting into the habit of thinking if the game gives me antidote then I probably need it. BB stocks you up on fire paper for this boss so it makes sense to use it. They also give you some more paper later for a different boss in the same area so it makes sense again that you would apply it. Hopefully with time, they just learn what items can be abused without any real worry and what can't. I hope they can at least finish this boss without running out of fire paper.

MosDefJoseph

Neo Member
Farming for essential health items is such BS though. I was totally lamenting the fact that they ditched the estus system at one point. Then I took a page out of cheating Pat's book and duped some blood vials. Just blood vials though. Cheating Pat also teaches restraint when messing with forces of ultimate cheat power.

Skrams

Farming for essential health items is such BS though. I was totally lamenting the fact that they ditched the estus system at one point. Then I took a page out of cheating Pat's book and duped some blood vials. Just blood vials though. Cheating Pat also teaches restraint when messing with forces of ultimate cheat power.

They're pretty plentiful in the early game and if you aren't too attached to your souls for levels only then you can just buy them on the cheap. I would always just spend some leftover souls on some blood vials or bullets when I was a little low so it turned out fine. It also doesn't take long at all to get enough souls to buy some more blood vials. I think they can get 3000 easily by running around the cathedral and that's enough to buy a fuckton at the point they're at. They're also going to have to grind anyway to buy a key from the shop considering they probably forgot it existed and will waste the souls from BSB.

tsundoku

Today I realised Pat cheats in games because he plays games for several hours a week where he cant akip any steps, look at walkthroughs or consult guides before making choices or wasting items, or reload his save and go back.

If Pat became a true NEET and stopped working he could play video games like a kawaii anime prince

Today I realised Pat cheats in games because he plays games for several hours a week where he cant akip any steps, look at walkthroughs or consult guides before making choices or wasting items, or reload his save and go back.

If Pat became a true NEET and stopped working he could play video games like a kawaii anime prince
But he totally does look at guides in lps if theyre stuck.

This episode is everything I wanted.

They get abducted, and now they are going to run into Paarl without even getting to the lantern
Oh god, I can't wait.

This exemplifies what I want out of this LP. Them discovering the crazy shit and having similar reactions to what I had the first time. The blunders along the way are just a bonus.

MosDefJoseph

Neo Member
Seeing Pat get fucking BODIED by that witch trick was so satisfying. Made me feel like such a smarty pants not having fell for it XD. Scared the shit out of them too haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom