• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairre

I enjoyed my time with Telltale's GoT, at least so far. It's no Tales from the Borderlands but it's fun enough. Seriously though TftB is really fucking good.

E the Shaggy

ADPZ7kC.gif

Every time I've gotten excited for a new star wars, it's ended in crushing disappointment.

Also that trailer really didn't show too much off. No impractical sabers this time.

croten

Are the memebers of the Zaibatsu fans of the Star Wars franchise? I remember Woolie (or was it Pat) saying that he saw the movies for the first time recently.
Nonetheless, that was a great trailer. Those threads are hype incarnate.

Woolie was showing his girlfriend the movies for the first time. They're fans.
Every time I've gotten excited for a new star wars, it's ended in crushing disappointment.

Also that trailer really didn't show too much off. No impractical sabers this time.

Well of course. You were only alive for the bad ones.

are you talking about the episode where
the reporter goes to a small village asking about the white yaksha aka gintoki and the old mans story turns out to be about a gundam and is there to celebrate thr 40 or whatever anniversary of gundam?
Also really hoping pat sticks to the series, I mean the first couple of episodes are REALLY slow and it does kick up by episode 20 but pat and woolie have that whole 7 episode or bust thing so ehhhh I hope Liam convinces him to keep at it. Also woolie thinking THE moment is just gintoki talking about why filler exists makes me go "bruh...you dont even KNOW what the moment is....cause you havent seen the show and there are so many THE moments."

Oh I'm referring to the Renho Arc that was covered in the newer '16:9' series.

Gintoki talking about why filler exists is just one of many moments they take to make fun of... Everything else. There was a point where Gintama was one of the only anime still airing in 4:3 when everything was jumping over to 16:9 and they are painfully aware of it (I think this is during the Otsuu Fan Club arc). I hope Pat sticks with it. It's a series that makes great laughs, but also can make you get all teary eyed (Mitsuba arc, all the pet animal arcs). I'm convinced a lot of Gintama arcs are some of the best in WSJ's history. Yoshiwara in Flames, Courtesian of a Nation, whatever the current arc is.

Oh I'm referring to the Renho Arc that was covered in the newer '16:9' series.

Gintoki talking about why filler exists is just one of many moments they take to make fun of... Everything else. There was a point where Gintama was one of the only anime still airing in 4:3 when everything was jumping over to 16:9 and they are painfully aware of it (I think this is during the Otsuu Fan Club arc). I hope Pat sticks with it. It's a series that makes great laughs, but also can make you get all teary eyed (Mitsuba arc, all the pet animal arcs). I'm convinced a lot of Gintama arcs are some of the best in WSJ's history. Yoshiwara in Flames, Courtesian of a Nation, whatever the current arc is.
Man I should really rewatch gintama, its one of my favorite animes ever but I dont remember the renho arc.
my personal favorite arc is Courtesan of a Nation cause its like everything that makes Gintama amazing. But gat damn are those early episode really slow. I guess well just have to wait till next tuesday to see if pat dropped the series or not. Or someone can ask him about it over steam.

Best Friends Play Bloodborne (Part 14)
Website
Youtube

Heh, I clicked on the video so early that it was still set to private.

What the- Woolie is doing better than Pat at a boss?!

The student has surpassed the teacher @_@ !

Oh, and I'm glad they got the Stake Driver, the Rifle Spear is good too but I don't think they'll bother putting in the blood needed to use it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It is! His art is nothing short of fantastic.

Awesome!

<- My avatar is by Alvin Lee.

Alvin Lee and Omar Dogan are the very best of Udon. Love their work.

Anyway, I'm glad that the RER2 LP will feature both endings. RER2 is one of the best new things to come out of Capcom in a long time, and it shows clearly through the LP.

Neol

The spacing of the Revelations episodes wouldn't be so bad if there other LP's were as good.

Sadly life is strange and bloodbourne are pretty meh in comparison but MK is looking to be good.

Life is Strange is great what are you talking about, sadly it is also episodic. They're actually doing 3 episodic game LP's at the same time, I actually like them all(despite not caring about GoT).

Bloodborne is indeed meh

Honestly them mentioning Gintama this week is probably the last you'll ever hear of it. Anyone that thinks either of them will put the time into that series when it's so long is fooling themselves.

Pat is the only one with the binge habits crazy enough to do it.

Ilvocare

Am I crazy? I find RER2 the least interesting of the LPs ongoing right now. Especially since the entire Barry and Natalia section in Ep 3 was really really dull. Not to mention their reaction to the last episode on the podcast doesn't have me consoled that it's going to get much better.

aly

Maybe they shouldn't have sold all their gear options and built for poison resist..

Oooooooooohhh. Another note, I felt bad that Woolie died to poison while healing, but I've noticed throughout the play through that they seem way too scared to just heal and try to save vials, which is just pointless.

Oooooooooohhh. Another note, I felt bad that Woolie died to poison while healing, but I've noticed throughout the play through that they seem way too scared to just heal and try to save vials, which is just pointless.

Considering Pat spent 200+ hours grinding for items in monster hunter, that he'd be ok with grinding for some more blood vials.

Honestly them mentioning Gintama this week is probably the last you'll ever hear of it. Anyone that thinks either of them will put the time into that series when it's so long is fooling themselves.

Pat is the only one with the binge habits crazy enough to do it.
Well Liam seems to have already seen it and has a positive opinion on it so there's a chance

MrHoot

To be fair, they're wearing gascoigne's stuff (apart from the hat) which has the highest poison resist at this point in the game :p

Speaking of which, man, just helped some dude with my new character to do the entirety of Old Yarnham (including the secret room for the armor, beat the two hunters and all shortcuts) and beat BSB. Forgot how nice it feels to help out someone in a souls game to get through a whole chunk of a level

Alfebit

Banned
Am I hearing things? Is Pat tilting his left stick up every time his character grabs a rung on a ladder in BB? I've never seen anyone do that.

Too be fair to Batman he did set the machine to self-destruct after Morgan Freeman used and really if you would entrust anyone to spy on everyone's cell phones wouldn't it be Morgan Freeman?

Too be fair to Batman he did set the machine to self-destruct after Morgan Freeman used and really if you would entrust anyone to spy on everyone's cell phones wouldn't it be Morgan Freeman?
Especially since Morgan Freeman is literally God, so he already knows what everyone is saying/texting/thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom