• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woolie believing something to be true just means we have been believing in a lie all along.
If Woolie thinks 1+1=2 then 1+1=11 must have been the real answer we never saw before. I mean it makes total sense if you think about it.

1 + 1 = 10. This is known, Khaleesi.

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 15-
I never even knew there was a bagman there. How the fuck. I just assumed the first one was right of Vicar Amelia. I also forgot to go downstairs and missed church lady so that's something new I got to see too. Hope they enjoy their time here. Paarl let's go.

Also more Gasquack.

0a13902a32.png

convo

I will definitely blame them to be hack frauds if they don't go for the optional bosses in the challenge dungeons. Liam, who has been proven wrong several times before even by himself, can not be a deciding factor in any argument related in this game. Not seeing certain enemies, especially THOSE things will count as an uncompleted game for this. Their narrative is suggesting they will pussy out and will stay dumb, only it will be worse since no one cared about the Chrysler building in parasite eve.

croten

I will definitely blame them to be hack frauds if they don't go for the optional bosses in the challenge dungeons. Liam, who has been proven wrong several times before even by himself, can not be a deciding factor in any argument related in this game. Not seeing certain enemies, especially THOSE things will count as an uncompleted game for this. Their narrative is suggesting they will pussy out and will stay dumb, only it will be worse since no one cared about the Chrysler building in parasite eve.

You're crazy if you think they'll do chalice dungeons

convo

You're crazy if you think they'll do chalice dungeons

Well i wanted them to at least get to the narrative conclusion of the game besides final bosses and endings. But that seems to be a task unfit for a lot of people. Lore stuff will be the last thing to be expected from these guys. They can at least talk about the shit they missed in the final video where they can basically invite German Spy over to tell them straight out what they will never acquire.

convo

a bunch of decent new bosses (with one important exception
You and I have the time to go through these dungeons, they don't.

Now you see, i know that, and them going for 99 insight from the get go is immensely amusing to me. It would have been even more amusing if they went for them though. Some of the best bosses in there have ridiculous move-sets at 99 insight which they will never see, unless their DLC plan is to make story areas with those chalice bosses in a story context. Then people will call lazy devs again for reusing awesome bosses, where i will mostly call lazy player base . I see them like Diablo dungeons which are fucking terrible, but here these are better because the combat does not get boring for me no auto pilot here sir. So it does not matter how lazy these dungeons look compared to main areas since i can fight an assortment of enemies at my leisure which is what i am here for.

I will definitely blame them to be hack frauds if they don't go for the optional bosses in the challenge dungeons.

Are you nuts? This thing is probably going to last longer than the DS2 playthrough. There's no reason for them to do chalice dungeons or optional areas, and if they do actually do one, it's going to be because they stumbled upon them. Hell, even ENB isn't going to do the chalice dungeons.

Skrams

If they somehow manage to do most of the optional story bosses, I'll be happy. You and I have the time to go through these dungeons, they don't. Let them do it on their own time.

I could see them doing a supercut of chalice dungeon stuff, but let's not pretend they don't have the time to do more Bloodborne videos. Pat has said they have May episodes recorded already. I'm sure they're plenty far in the game and have plenty of time to tackle that shit if they so desire. I still need to do chalice myself, but I don't currently feel like I missed much by not doing them. Maybe when I do eventually tackle them for the one trophy related to a chalice boss then I might change my tune, but probably not.

Also I forget where this was said, but Pat and Woolie talked about baths in maybe the recent bloodborne part or something else. I'm kind of surprised they both seem to take baths semioften still? I assumed Liam was the only one who actually bothered anymore.

I could see them doing a supercut of chalice dungeon stuff, but let's not pretend they don't have the time to do more Bloodborne videos.
German Spy has the same thing going on at his channel, where some people are happy they won't see everything, and some people wish he'd do a more completionist run. He's actually intentionally ignoring all the NPCs and stuff he knows about because he worked on the guide for 6 months

I'd go so far as to say that they probably really don't care about being completionist their first time through, in a blind run. The whole point is for it to be blind.

Some people don't like blind runs but you get what you sign up for, really.

Baths are for leisure, shower are for cleanliness.

convo

Are you nuts? This thing is probably going to last longer than the DS2 playthrough. There's no reason for them to do chalice dungeons or optional areas,

Now stop right there, i will take no dungeons, but the optional areas are too substantial to miss out on it is devastating what you can miss out on. They already said they got some divine help to get to castlevania, they know they will go directly into ng+ from Liam so no i think they will seek out those things at the very least. Also i think it's a shorter game even with the optional areas than DS2.

Now stop right there, i will take no dungeons, but the optional areas are too substantial to miss out on it is devastating what you can miss out on. They already said they got some divine help to get to castlevania, they know they will go directly into ng+ from Liam so no i think they will seek out those things at the very least. Also i think it's a shorter game even with the optional areas than DS2.
I missed that shit super hard my first playthrough, since they already mentioned they got help they probably did them all though.

These episodes we're seeing are old as fuck too, back when the game launched, there was no good spoiler-free info then.

Skrams

German Spy has the same thing going on at his channel, where some people are happy they won't see everything, and some people wish he'd do a more completionist run. He's actually intentionally ignoring all the NPCs and stuff he knows about because he worked on the guide for 6 months

I'd go so far as to say that they probably really don't care about being completionist their first time through, in a blind run. The whole point is for it to be blind.

Some people don't like blind runs but you get what you sign up for, really.

Baths are for leisure, shower are for cleanliness.

I either expect one chalice dungeon to be tackled, some supercut of a lot of it, or none. I'd probably prefer at least one normal dungeon to be tackled. I don't care about the playthrough being blind or completionist. I just think they should dip their toes in the water at the least. Then after that they can decide if they want to do a supercut of it or ignore it. They have plenty of time to do it as well with so much already recorded for the future.

Also yeah, I'm just surprised Pat said he goes showerbathshowerbath. That feels pretty often for a bath.

Archgan

Also yeah, I'm just surprised Pat said he goes showerbathshowerbath. That feels pretty often for a bath.
I think Pat was saying that the only time he will take a bath is if he had just showered before that, not that he takes a bath every other day.

I either expect one chalice dungeon to be tackled, some supercut of a lot of it, or none. I'd probably prefer at least one normal dungeon to be tackled. I don't care about the playthrough being blind or completionist. I just think they should dip their toes in the water at the least. Then after that they can decide if they want to do a supercut of it or ignore it. They have plenty of time to do it as well with so much already recorded for the future.
I was tangenting to other people's comments in those other lines really, sorry. I guess they could do some supercut or quick look and that'd be neat, but I dunno. Knowing what I do about chalice dungeons I think they could give any thoughts on them in the podcast, specially as a spoilercast.

I get why an LP would want to be informative to some degree and I love that stuff, but I think the only ones on the channel that skew that way are probably... I guess Silent Hill 2, No More Heroes, and the other Silent Hill playthroughs and maybe Streetwise to a degree. There's always been an entertainment focus and not much of one for being complete.

I'unno.

So I caught up with their "Life is Strange" LP, I'm shocked, UTTERLY SHOCKED, that I'm finding myself being so invested in this despite a... Dubious start in the previous episode. Just like the Game of Thrones LP I came in with no expectations but now I want to see how this ends.

Also, I love this comment on the last video-

"Okay. So. Every single Let's Player I watch who has played this has fucked up with saving K
ate and she ended up dying.

Except these two.

How? How is it that these two are the ones who get shit right?"

How indeed lol.

So I caught up with their "Life is Strange" LP, I'm shocked, UTTERLY SHOCKED, that I'm finding myself being so invested in this despite a... Dubious start in the previous episode. Just like the Game of Thrones LP I came in with no expectations but now I want to see how this ends.

Also, I love this comment on the last video-
How indeed lol.

I'm fully invested in this LP and what happens to Max.

I can't really describe it, but the combination of Liam salt and Matt's mocking of the material, this LP is getting close to Heavy Rain LP tier.

Woolie and Pat need to do Cainhurst and Upper Cathedral Ward, but they really shouldn't do the Chalice Dungeons. They aren't very good.

Though, if they want to throw in a fight with the final Chalice Dungeon boss using the Threaded Cane just for the sheer hilarity of it, that'd be fine.

If they did the DLC for Dark 2, then they probably are going to do at least a few optional areas for Bloodborne.

Well, I mean they've already done one optional area, and they seem very likely to do a second optional boss/semi-optional area, so it doesn't take much for them to hit a "few".

I'd guess at minimum they'll do Hemwick Charnel Lane, as it's another one of those areas that people tend to find without realizing it's optional. Cainhurst and Upper Cathedral Ward are the main easy-to-miss ones, so hopefully Liam will give them a hot tip on finding them.

Senkan Senkan Senkan! I believe that one is the Armour Girls one or whatever? I know there's 2 others that are basically the same except one has Yamato with her armament and the other one doesn't.

Wonder what are Liam's thoughts on that super not good anime adaptation.

Personally I'm still waiting for better Nagato, Mutsu, Yuudachi and Kongou scale figures and a Sendai ANYTHING.

Zenfalcia

Why would you want to make that work?
Even skeleton man needs some love from time to time.
Senkan Senkan Senkan! I believe that one is the Armour Girls one or whatever? I know there's 2 others that are basically the same except one has Yamato with her armament and the other one doesn't.

Wonder what are Liam's thoughts on that super not good anime adaptation.

Personally I'm still waiting for better Nagato, Mutsu, Yuudachi and Kongou scale figures and a Sendai ANYTHING.
Armour girls what? They're not the same! They have different personalities, slight design changes, and hair style!

Armour girls what? They're not the same! They have different personalities, slight design changes, and hair style!

Armoured Girls is the product line. I think this is the one Liam got: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ion+-Kan+Colle-$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

This is the other one I was referring to which is from Max Factory:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ion+-Kan+Colle-$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

This is the cool Nagato scale one but it's been MIA for quite a while. Oh, and her eyes are too far apart: http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1081880&ref=item:170520

Maybe I should just scurry along to FigureGAF

Anung

Un Rama
Oh man. I love that Woolie is so confident about how to pronounce Gascoigne while everyone is posting that he's wrong.

It's taken all my self control to not tweet at him in all caps saying "ITS GAS-COIN SAY IT RIGHT YOU FUCKER". Not Gas-SCIONEKIWI-KWEI or whatever he is saying. its set in fantasy steam punk London for Christ sake why would it be pronounced in french and not the English counterpart/the way everyone is telling him it is pronounced.

This is going to actually drive me crazy. *unsubscribes*

Alfebit

Banned
It's taken all my self control to not tweet at him in all caps saying "ITS GAS-COIN SAY IT RIGHT YOU FUCKER". Not Gas-SCIONEKIWI-KWEI or whatever he is saying. its set in fantasy steam punk London for Christ sake why would it be pronounced in french and not the English counterpart/the way everyone is telling him it is pronounced.

Beloved

It's been bugging me too. I wouldn't even care if the way he's pronouncing it was correct, it sounds terrible so it'd bug me regardless.

Right up there with pronouncing gif as "jif"

sjay1994

WhaqkVu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom