• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what's wrong with her. The whole "ugh she's so Tsundere" argument makes no sense to me, she has a perfectly justified reason to be the way she is. Especially considering she's still more or less a kid.
I think it's more that people are confused on why some people like her so much, versus hating how she acts.

360pages

I don't see what's wrong with her. The whole "ugh she's so Tsundere" argument makes no sense to me, she has a perfectly justified reason to be the way she is. Especially considering she's still more or less a kid.

No she is not a Tsundere, to be a Tsundere you have to have some dere in you. The longer the series went on. The worst she got.

Because she's made up of unlikable traits, and people only see that, and not the why.

It's unfortunate, because she is one of the best written characters in anime.
She's better in rebuild tho
S4GgrBp.gif

croten

No she is not a Tsundere, to be a Tsundere you have to have some dere in you. The longer the series went on. The worst she got.

Again I don't see what's wrong with her. Given her backstory I feel that she's perfectly justified in the way she acts.

360pages

Because she's made up of unlikable traits, and people only see that, and not the why.

It's unfortunate, because she is one of the best written characters in anime.

S4GgrBp.gif

At least her Likable traits are more noticeable in the Rebuilds. I'm not asking for much, just for her not to be the worst thing constantly.

Alfebit

Banned
B-but I wanna play the new one with the PS4 boobs gameplay and buying 4 games is expensive ;__;

The anime kind of covers the story of Burst so you could watch that. SV takes place I think 6 months later while SK2 follows directly after Burst. I'm not 100% sure how long after SV EV takes place.

Totally not jelly at all...

As soon as I could buy it I dropped the whip cane so fast.

The anime kind of covers the story of Burst so you could watch that. SV takes place I think 6 months later while SK2 follows directly after Burst. I'm not 100% sure how long after SV EV takes place.

As soon as I could buy it I dropped the whip cane so fast.
I heard the anime is kinda bad? I'd rather read up on it, but if that's not an option I'll just look up the old games' footage maybe?

I'm never letting go of my pimp cane.

At least her Likable traits are more noticeable in the Rebuilds. I'm not asking for much, just for her not to be the worst thing constantly.

A well written character is a character that accomplishes the purpose for which they were written for, and Asuka does that with flying colors.

A likable character doesn't mean they are well written. Just means they have likable traits. And in Evangelion, no characters,
other than Kaworu
, should be likable.
I heard the anime is kinda bad? I'd rather read up on it, but if that's not an option I'll just look up the old games' footage maybe?

The anime is really bad. Might as well read a synopsis rather than watch that.

Pimp cane = Dabes

croten

A well written character is a character that accomplishes the purpose for which they were written for, and Asuka does that with flying colors.

A likable character doesn't mean they are well written. Just means they have likable traits. And in Evangelion, no characters,
other than Kaworu
, should be likable.

Pretty much, everyone is a shit. You shouldn't be judging characters in Eva for how cool or likable they are.

PREY SLAUGHTERED!

And my first chalice, too.

Finishing that Blood Starved Beast with a visceral attack was the most satisfying shit.

It was even on my last bullet, that's how clutch it was.

360pages

other than Kaworu
, should be likable.

I'd argue that sometimes that could lead to apathy from the Watcher, but it really depends on the series people are watching and why. Tales of the Abyss comes to mind with this conversation.

Alfebit

Banned

I mean, it's not great but it covers the story. You could probably read up on it on the wiki but I've never actually checked.

Pimp cane for babies who think they need a cane to pimpin'.

Beloved

tumblr_my37km8xVA1rzfa3ao5_r1_500.gif

It's like looking at a Snoop Dogg video or something

When the hen's in the crib ma
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

sjay1994

yeah!

just killed the second boss. The fact it was a viceral attack that got him was dabes

I think this was a productive session.

I'd argue that sometimes that could lead to apathy from the Watcher, but it really depends on the series people are watching and why. Tales of the Abyss comes to mind with this conversation.

The difference is that Abyss didn't want you to not like the characters. Eva did. Eva succeeded in what it wanted to do as where Abyss didn't. That's the main difference.

Having unlikable traits generates empathy more than likable traits, generally. Why you may not feel bad for them, you can feel a better emotion, and understand them better.
The load times in Bloodborne are fucking terrible.
Patch can't come soon enough. The Frame Pacing is terrible too.
tumblr_my37km8xVA1rzfa3ao5_r1_500.gif

It's like looking at a Snoop Dogg video or something

When the hen's in the crib ma
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
You always bring the best gifs around.

Also, 360, as far as viewer apathy goes, it depends on the viewer. Not everything is for everyone and there's no way to make a character that is objectively good in everyway to every person. That thought process is what leads to Kiritos.

360pages

The difference is that Abyss didn't want you to not like the characters. Eva did. Eva succeeded in what it wanted to do as where Abyss didn't. That's the main difference.

People keep saying that. But it's like when someone makes an intentionally annoying character in a series forgetting even and intentionally annoying character is still annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom