• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat forgot that Vegeta's win/loss record is actually excessively padded from wrecking basically all of Freiza's goons and the fat clown android.

It's actually Gohan who basically never gets to legit win. He always looks like he won, but then Woolie bursts onto the scene and shouts, "YOU DIDN'T WIN!"

360pages

Pat forgot that Vegeta's win/loss record is actually excessively padded from wrecking basically all of Freiza's goons and the fat clown android.

It's actually Gohan who basically never gets to legit win. He always looks like he won, but then Woolie bursts onto the scene and shouts, "YOU DIDN'T WIN!"

Lets face it, Vegeta is pretty much the Clean up man to make way for Goku to actually fight the important people.

Well he beat cell at least. So there's that.

Yeah, but he still did most of it. Goku was just like the final push over the edge.

That's what I mean, though. Gohan always shows up and gets established as having the Ultimate Hidden Power and it looks like he's going to effortlessly beat the bad guy, and then he ends up having to be bailed out because he's basically a moron. Though, you're right, at least with Cell they let him actually win off the assist instead of completely screwing the pooch.
(I mean, he still basically got his father killed, so that pooch got pretty screwed, but... uh, at least he didn't feed himself to Cell and make him Super Perfect Cell 2?)

That's what I mean, though. Gohan always shows up and gets established as having the Ultimate Hidden Power and it looks like he's going to effortlessly beat the bad guy, and then he ends up having to be bailed out because he's basically a moron. Though, you're right, at least with Cell they let him actually win off the assist instead of completely screwing the pooch.
(I mean, he still basically got his father killed, so that pooch got pretty screwed, but... uh, at least he didn't feed himself to Cell and make him Super Perfect Cell 2?)
Eeh, they just wished goku back anyway, so it's fine.

Great episode, but I'm afraid they'll put away the best weapon in the game, especially since Woolie seems to be pushing for that. Axe and Blade are a fantastic combination though.

You mean Ludwig's? It's actually kind of mediocre, to be honest. It's mostly specialized in clearing out trash mobs, and somewhat poor to average in most boss fights.

I mean, it's not terrible, all the weapons are pretty good. Just that given how well-balanced they are, you had to expect that the one that's the best on-paper obviously has some major hidden defects.

Skrams

I wonder how many episodes it'll be before we get to the load times patch.
They've recorded May episodes already so another month at the least.
So...

MKX for FNF?

It's been confirmed like 3 or 4 times.

Unless we've been fucked and it's just Tobal 2.

Also I feel like I'm missing something with this Chewie and Fuckface joke. Was there an LP I didn't watch that caused this joke to grow? I know there was the origin where the guy supposedly watched their LPs and said they were chewie and whatever. I just feel like this joke grew without me even noticing it though. Maybe they just yell the joke at each other off the air, but I dunno. Either we're all just rolling with this joke now after it being mentioned a few times on the podcast or I missed some LP where the joke was substantial. Especially the weird grumps bit which I don't really even know where that came from. It feels like it just grew in their weird hotel fever dream and they sprang it on us with the recent podcast.

I got really confused cause I thought they played MKX last week but im sure the LP just threw me off. Im all out of it im losing track of these important issues

RainSD

Neo Member
These intense matches of MKX make me feel like a scrub at fighting games.

Still wish they wanted until the DLC characters came out before doing MKX since they seemed really hyped for them.

I disagree, it's actually quite fantastic in most boss fights, though the axe is a good alternative for the ones it isn't great with. It's scaling, base damage and moveset (both the regular and big version) are excellent.
It's a fantastic weapon with no significant defects as far as I can see.

The defects are that it doesn't have fast enough attacks to maintain stagger lockdown on anything but the Beast bosses, has far too high stamina costs in transformed mode to be useful on bosses that require a lot of evasive action, and while the scaling is off the charts, the damage multipliers for its attacks have been stuck on ones that are useless in most boss fights (the fully-charged R2 and the follow-up R2 to it).

The DPS is also quite poor. This wouldn't have been a concern in other Souls games, since you're rarely if ever actually mashing away, slugging it out with the boss, but that's actually the way more than half of Bloodborne's fights go. A chunky weapon with lousy DPS is horrible on most fights.

Honestly, it's decent on the Beasts because it can cause limb destruction/stagger relatively easily (though as Woolie displayed, not as easily as some other weapons), decent on Kin because it has enough reach to hit their heads (though, again, there are always better options) and you often have to adopt a strategy of baiting out single safe hits against them anyway, and only really spectacular at churning through mobs of normal enemies.

I've gone through NG+++ and done a ton of Chalice Dungeons, and honestly I would only consider Ludwig's for the Beasts (Cleric, Blood-Starved, and Vicar; don't even bother with it on Bloodletting or Abhorrent) and maybe Shadows/Mico. There are just much better weapons for every other boss. (And actually, the Hunter's Axe is probably better for those bosses anyway, but I never got in the habit of using it.) The 80%/80% scaling you see on the character sheet is a trap and a half.

New players are probably better off using something with dedicated scaling, and high-level players probably have better tools for the job. It's still fun using fully-charged R2's with it on those little alien shitkids, though.

These intense matches of MKX make me feel like a scrub at fighting games.

Still wish they wanted until the DLC characters came out before doing MKX since they seemed really hyped for them.

Matt said a few days ago they'd be coming back to it sometime in the future when all the DLC characters have come out

13ab55aecfaa77fce836c549b236ea82.png

Geg

I wonder how many attempts Paarl ended up taking. There was a lot of stuff in the attempt shown like them staggering it that they weren't surprised by. They also talked about projectiles which it doesn't get a chance to use

Pat is too unlucky.
They got that fourth dude for the split screen now. Prime time for alot of four player games to be played. I hope.
They always said Brawls are suppose to be three people to be bullshit as possible, but I'd be fine with anything where they care about winning. FNFs were they're on equal footing like 3S were rad.

Is kotal a boss character? I assume he is cause woolie plays him.
Well, he's not in MKX, but he looks like Ancient Ogre who's a boss character in Tekken 3 so it still counts.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him in this case just because Kotal Kahn is so fucking cool. All the new Outworlders are sick, but he's Kahn for a reason.

Well, he's not in MKX, but he looks like Ancient Ogre who's a boss character in Tekken 3 so it still counts.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him in this case just because Kotal Kahn is so fucking cool. All the new Outworlders are sick, but he's Kahn for a reason.
He is pretty sick. I'd totally play him if i had mkx. Him or devora. I don't know who I like more.

Man, I fucking love it when they all play Test Your Luck in MK. It's way crazier here than it was in the last game.

Also, Johnny Brutality is now my new favorite thing. It makes no sense, but I don't care.

EDIT: Oh god, this hyper kombat modifier, I'm dying. Holy shit this FNF is so worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom