• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsundoku

I stole your thread OP for a private forum i'm on and I'd like to point out a few things I had to fix:

under recent projects
<Mortal Kombat X> http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/super-best-friends-play-mortal-kombat-x/ </Mortal Kombat X> | (Ongoing)

<Bloodborne> http://superbestfriendsplay.com/?s=bloodborne </Bloodborne> | (Ongoing)

<Resident Evil: Revelaitons 2> http://superbestfriendsplay.com/series/revelations-2/ </Resident Evil: Revelaitons 2> | (Ongoing)

<Life Is Strange> http://superbestfriendsplay.com/?s=life+strange </Life Is Strange> | (Ongoing)

<Parasite Eve> http://superbestfriendsplay.com/?s=parasite+eve </Parasite Eve> | (Finished)

<Game of Thrones> http://superbestfriendsplay.com/?s=game+thrones </Game of Thrones> | (Ongoing)

and under ongoing
<Matt's Sexy Bond-a-thon> http://superbestfriendsplay.com/?s=matt's+sexy </Matt's Sexy Bond-a-thon> |

<Mystery Box> http://superbestfriendsplay.com/?s=mystery+box </Mystery Box>

Ignore the dumb formatting, forum doesn't have URL text so it uses named quote/spoiler tags.

I stole your thread OP for a private forum i'm on and I'd like to point out a few things I had to fix:
To be honest the I let the OP become a mess since we were going through them 2 weeks at a time. Appreciate the list of stuff to fix.

I'd like to revamp the next one, since it'll be during the summer and I'll have time to fancy it up.

Numb

To be honest the I let the OP become a mess since we were going through them 2 weeks at a time. Appreciate the list of stuff to fix.

I'd like to revamp the next one, since it'll be during the summer and I'll have time to fancy it up.

Bling bling it up hard.
Bring the breakfast wars to the first page.

I realized I have embarked on a fool's errand that only a filthy friender could possibly appreciate. I'm trying to modify Shadowrun to make it into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure/Persona meets Ghost in the Shell.

I really have too much free time in the summer.

im gonna ask how you accomplish this

f-for curiosity, its not like i might do the same, >.>

The Matrix and magic are connected. The original genesis for this was the fact that I have never seen a game of Shadowrun where having both mages and deckers/hackers in the same group didn't leave one or the other (or everyone else) pissed off. That, and by this point they're honestly starting to tread too much of the same ground.

The players basically choose from three paradigms: cybernetics/physical adept (no remote projection abilities, the stand/persona is primarily physically co-located, ala Jotaro), mage/hacker (emphasis on remote projection into the astral/Matrix), and shaman/technomancer (emphasis on summoning spirits/daemons). There are only Awakened/enhanced player characters. (Who wants to be the character in JoJo without a Stand, seriously?)

The setting I'm going with is going to be during the Awakening, or at least a new conception thereof: in the near future, human enhancement (particularly of the cognitive variety) begins to make certain individuals increasingly aware that humans are not alone in the world. The Horrors(/Elder Gods/Great Old Ones/etc.) were always there, but the human beings with the necessary level of cognition to be able to perceive them died off. Unfortunately, human enhancement is elevating some humans to the level where they can perceive the higher planes of cognition, and that happens to be a two-way street.

The player characters are going to be among the first wave of the "Awakened", dealing with Horrors who want mankind to network themselves into an elevated hivemind so that, as a whole, humanity transcends to a level that can see--and serve--them. At the moment, for most people they exist as anomalies in the Matrix ("spontaneously self-aware artificial intelligence"), but with the Awakened around they can manifest their abilities as physical reality.

Totally going to crib Deus from the normal Shadowrun metaplot, though. Maybe retool him and say that his deal is that he's a Horror, but he's the Horror who's been trying to keep mankind away from the rest of them... mostly because he's greedy and wants his "flock" all to himself, but at least on the surface he still puts on a show of being a good god.

The Matrix and magic are connected. The original genesis for this was the fact that I have never seen a game of Shadowrun where having both mages and deckers/hackers in the same group didn't leave one or the other (or everyone else) pissed off. That, and by this point they're honestly starting to tread too much of the same ground.

The players basically choose from three paradigms: cybernetics/physical adept (no remote projection abilities, the stand/persona is primarily physically co-located, ala Jotaro), mage/hacker (emphasis on remote projection into the astral/Matrix), and shaman/technomancer (emphasis on summoning spirits/daemons). There are only Awakened/enhanced player characters. (Who wants to be the character in JoJo without a Stand, seriously?)

The setting I'm going with is going to be during the Awakening, or at least a new conception thereof: in the near future, human enhancement (particularly of the cognitive variety) begins to make certain individuals increasingly aware that humans are not alone in the world. The Horrors(/Elder Gods/Great Old Ones/etc.) were always there, but the human beings with the necessary level of cognition to be able to perceive them died off. Unfortunately, human enhancement is elevating some humans to the level where they can perceive the higher planes of cognition, and that happens to be a two-way street.

The player characters are going to be among the first wave of the "Awakened", dealing with Horrors who want mankind to network themselves into an elevated hivemind so that, as a whole, humanity transcends to a level that can see--and serve--them. At the moment, for most people they exist as anomalies in the Matrix ("spontaneously self-aware artificial intelligence"), but with the Awakened around they can manifest their abilities as physical reality.

Totally going to crib Deus from the normal Shadowrun metaplot, though. Maybe retool him and say that his deal is that he's a Horror, but he's the Horror who's been trying to keep mankind away from the rest of them... mostly because he's greedy and wants his "flock" all to himself, but at least on the surface he still puts on a show of being a good god.

As a fan of the Shadowrun pen and paper, I just want to say this sounds pretty rad.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm off to Norway for a few days so I'm going to miss all the SBF goodness and the podcast. Will have to binge watch super hard when I get back.

Needs more :

giphy.gif

And

tumblr_mvgl1q6pfK1qlio0zo1_500.gif

It's weird that for once we probably wont reach the end of this OT until like June.
Im sure the New-age TBFP thread will be rad.

These intense matches of MKX make me feel like a scrub at fighting games.

Still wish they wanted until the DLC characters came out before doing MKX since they seemed really hyped for them.

These MK matches are terrrrrrible. But it's okay to be scrub. Just work on it!

I wonder how many attempts Paarl ended up taking. There was a lot of stuff in the attempt shown like them staggering it that they weren't surprised by. They also talked about projectiles which it doesn't get a chance to use

It was a bunch. I don't remember how many. I think 9 or 10?

sjay1994

These intense matches of MKX make me feel like a scrub at fighting games.

Still wish they wanted until the DLC characters came out before doing MKX since they seemed really hyped for them.

There will be two fisticuffs

This was for Mortal Kombat X

The next one will be Matt Kombat.

It's amazing how you can just guess how these telltale games go.

Make a choice > next scene (with those characters, in this case) is someone bitching at you for making that choice REGARDLESS of what the choice was.

At least this shit is done with for now.

Geg

That's kind of sad really

What happened to the guys who wrote TWD season 1, I heard they left to do their own thing

Skrams

When's Senran Kagura dammit
As soon as Zone finishes the Creepy Anime Bullshit intro in 2 years.
Niche machines and Steam. It makes getting noticed on digital marketplaces easier, I assume. Also those both have touch controls, if that matters.
I was going to say, all of them have touchscreen-like equivalents so I don't find it that surprising. I don't know how much niche factors in it since I'm not a developer putting a thing only out on Wii U, Steam, or Vita, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's something there about it.

Make a choice > next scene (with those characters, in this case) is someone bitching at you for making that choice REGARDLESS of what the choice was.

Why else would people be getting tired of the telltale formula? Telltale bleeds some talent, continues with the same shitty engine, and then we start to see through the game even easier after they make TWD S1, TWD S2, GoT, TWAU, Borderlands, and eventually Minecraft and TWD S3. It's starting to become hard to really care about the games. I'm glad Life is Strange at least has some more puzzle elements going on, more shit to read, and seeing through the choices is built into the game. It makes the game more interesting to watch as an LP.

That's kind of sad really

What happened to the guys who wrote TWD season 1, I heard they left to do their own thing

The Idle Thumbs people basically just made a studio and are now doing their own shit. They made Campo Santo and are working on Firewatch. I'm unsure what other major talent they really bled. They could maybe get Gary Whitta back, but who knows really.

I really want a telltale game in the Dontnod devs' engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom