• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

100% willing to bet Pat accepted it as dead the minute all the news about Kojima came out.

The news from Del Toro isn't exactly a surprise to cynics.

If you're cynical, you can never be disappointed.

Okingjrr

That video ended exactly the way I wanted to given the length and chapter they're at now.

And I'm glad to hear that fucking Jarek lives on to be used as a sick burn against Kano.

I have nothing to add. The reactions we got today were the best and the ones I was expecting the most.
Fucking F
rost

Also,
the guys are always on point when it comes to making guesses about the rest of the game it's astonishing.

Yeah, before watching the Best Friends, I didn't even know MK had lore beyond "tournament to stop ancient evil" or whatever, but I love hearing about it in their MK vids.

The only thing I don't get is their hatred/disgust toward the kamidogu, but I guess that's something that has to be suffered through to understand.

Predator delivers part of the death blow to Dillon by shooting his arm off before stabbing him.

tumblr_nlm3esKugM1syplf0o1_250.gif

That would make sense! That's how you get a predator into MKX!

Ploribus

Banned
Who was that? Should I be getting hype? I only ever really played 2 and/or 3 and that was usually at a friend's house many years ago and I had no idea what was going on lol

Who was that? Should I be getting hype? I only ever really played 2 and/or 3 and that was usually at a friend's house many years ago and I had no idea what was going on lol
You mean Frost? Eh, she's a product of the era between MK4 and Armageddon, not really that special. It's more that the game still acknowledges that era of MK existed and characters are still around in this rebooted timeline, which is why they reacted the way they did.

I mean, they also had the same reaction to Sareena, and she was already a way more obscure pull given her origins.

It's Frost, a forgotten character from the Dark Ages. Like Sareena, she was not expected.

Why do I know so much about MK? I don't even like MK.

sjay1994

Frost?

She is one of the post MK4 characters.

The guys are just losing their shits because MKX is acknowledging these jober characters, and for the most part is mocking their existence.

Ex: The Second Rate Jarek quip by Jax

also

Frost gets fucking wrecked in the next part. Gets frozen by sub zero, and scorpion and him bro it up as they leave her frozen body outside

Frost?

She is one of the post MK4 characters.

The guys are just losing their shits because MKX is acknowledging these jober characters, and for the most part is mocking their existence.

Ex: The Second Rate Jarek quip by Jax

also

Frost gets fucking wrecked in the next part. Gets frozen by sub zero, and scorpion and him bro it up as they leave her frozen body outside
Okay, that's dumb.
You're telling me someone with almost total power over ice/cold gets frozen?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Watching MKX Part 3 and kinda losing it over how wrong they're getting every single KOF reference they make. :lol Calling Chang "Cheech", calling Andy's Kuuhudan (his kick move) Shoryudan, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom