• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zone of the Enders 2 is so awesome. It's on PSN for exactly ten dollars. Do what Liam says and go get it because it's amazing. Also a shit ton of SMT games like Nocturne and both Raidou Kuzunoha games, both DDS games, Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Ten dollars each.
The Golden Week sale? Yeah, I already got Strider and Ground Zeroes out of it, the former I've been playing some considering how much Woolie and Matt have talked up Strider in general.

It's alright. It's no Shinobi III that's for damn sure.

Laputa_94

Zone of the Enders 2 is so awesome. It's on PSN for exactly ten dollars. Do what Liam says and go get it because it's amazing. Also a shit ton of SMT games like Nocturne and both Raidou Kuzunoha games, both DDS games, Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Ten dollars each.

I have the best friends to thank for introducing me to these games. Hell I am playing Nocturne right now and own every game mentioned but Persona 2

Skrams

I think it's stupid to complain about Pat playing ahead because what did you expect from our compulsive ginger? No way the guy was going to be ok with just playing the LP.
I expected him to keep his promise to the fans and Woolie to not play ahead. It's one thing to do it to fans that he doesn't have to answer to physically, but to do it to Woolie who he sits beside and will be playing with for the next 30 hours? It's a punch in the dick. It's still Pat's job even. He should still probably try and keep the promise to his friend and fans that he won't play ahead. Again, hopefully it's just this part and he doesn't continue to do it.
I haven't been watching Bloodborne because spoilers. But eh. People will complain more because it's a Souls (like) game. Though Dark 2 sucked because fanfiction.
That and the fact it will be lasting another month or two or forever.
I'm weirded out any of this mattered to anyone this much, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, you seem to be genuinely trying to be constructive in these last few posts, so that's cool.
I'm in the camp of just wait until the next part since it's a constant thing so things are bound to go up and down like crazy, but come on. It's not hard to see why him playing ahead is shitty. The stats talk felt like a useless argument due to levels not mattering that much in these games to me at least.

As far as saying the LP is being ruined or sucking the fun out, eh. The LP is going to go up and down until the end of time. Hopefully Woolie can be more aggressive for the people who want that, hopefully Pat doesn't play ahead anymore, and hopefully whatever else people want happens. If it doesn't then oh well.

Also thanks redditman Scatmon

ZO58FGd.jpg

Shackzam

As far as saying the LP is being ruined or sucking the fun out, eh. The LP is going to go up and down until the end of time. Hopefully Woolie can be more aggressive for the people who want that, hopefully Pat doesn't play ahead anymore, and hopefully whatever else people want happens. If it doesn't then oh well.

Also thanks redditman Scatmon

Holy shit, that is the most accurate representation of how Woolie is playing. It just feels like he's never played a god dang game in his life. He's so scared of getting hit in the game that he just makes it seem like Pat is going insane watching him play.

just finished latest Jojo
if Darby played any of us Gaffers hed get bodied
also have finally begun my PS3 backlog just before i get a PS4 next month

Xux

Damn, that Mystery Box and Matt and Liam combo is pretty good.
That'd just make it angry tho. Then it'd come after you super hard.
I thought the trick was to get someone else to pee on you as your skin is immune to the healing effects of its own urine.

That'd just make it angry tho. Then it'd come after you super hard.

Exactly, you have to bait them in to take proper advantage of Royal Guard.

Edit: So, I noticed Akiba's Trip was half-off yesterday and the deal was about to slide off, and thought "Why not?" I was not prepared for this much Creepy Anime Bullshit. I need a Rising Superstar to bail me out.

Skrams

Exactly, you have to bait them in to take proper advantage of Royal Guard.

Edit: So, I noticed Akiba's Trip was half-off yesterday and the deal was about to slide off, and thought "Why not?" I was not prepared for this much Creepy Anime Bullshit. I need a Rising Superstar to bail me out.

Royal Guarding a jellyfish is never a thought I thought I would have.

Also the fuck did you expect from something called Akiba Strip, but not Strip because it's a trip. The subtitle is undead and undressed for fuck's sake. This only makes me wonder what the first creepy anime bullshit LP will be. Hopefully zone will finish that intro animation within the next 3 years. I think I'm also just going to wait for the PC version because fuck it.

Matt also said trillion stabs in the latest Mystery Box. I had to make sure I wasn't crazy since it's called Million Stabs in every DMC game. I learned it's called trillion in DmC because trillion is better than million I guess. Matt confirmed for liking DmC more or being a fraud. This is just like his table hopper shenanigans he pulled last halloween.

Matt also said trillion stabs in the latest Mystery Box. I had to make sure I wasn't crazy since it's called Million Stabs in every DMC game. I learned it's called trillion in DmC because trillion is better than million I guess. Matt confirmed for liking DmC more or being a fraud. This is just like his table hopper shenanigans he pulled last halloween.
I called myself TrillionStabs by accident for my Origin username. Biggest mistake of my like.

The combat isn't the best, but you get a little used to it after a while. Starting off on the hardest difficulty was probably a bad choice.

Anung

Un Rama
Really sad to see Revalaitons come to a close. Excellent LP from start to finish. Still, hopefully get some nice fresh new LPs XD.

Neol

Laughed pretty hard with the enemy collision on the foliage part.

Bit of a weak ending but on a whole I feel Revelations is one of there better LP's. Also with how successful it did and how it played out we'll hopefully see more co-op LP's from here on. Now with this and MK done bring me some new content.

just came back from seeing Age of Ultron
great movie
spoilers incoming
Lokis staff was powered by the mind stone
Wanda is just as OP as she is in the comics, or has the potential to be
Cap said Avengers Assemble kinda
Vision is definately Vision, and already being shipped with Wanda
Thanos is tired of this shit and gets off his ass and takes the guantlet to wreck some fools
oh and the Fantastic Four trailer confirmed Doom looks like Doom

The new Zaibatsu is Chewie, Fuckface, Dark Natalia, and Big Butt Liam.

I'm going to miss the RE:Re2 LP, I don't think Matt and Pat have been synched up this well in a long time. They were almost ready to pilot the Jaegar at times.

Was the actually one of the games that were planning on playing?
Pretty sure it's just been a joke ever since the start of the RE4 playthrough when they jokingly started that and Rise to Nightmares before getting to the actual game.

Would be fun to see them play that shit show, though.

Xux

Haha, yeah, that's about how good martinis are.

I guess Matt needed something balance out the majesty of Olga Kurylenko.

Holy shit ZoE2 has a fucking versus mode with player on player battles? This game, man. I can't tell if the hokey acting made the game better or worse. I wonder why they didn't include the versus mode in the video?

Man, that was quite a good ending to the Bond-a-thon. Shame the last game was that piece of shit 007 Legends, but seeing this come to a close was nice. Matt's hella good at the stuff he knows and loves.

...I should really look for a copy of Everything or Nothing. I played a shit ton of From Russia from Love back in the day and seeing how EoN is an earlier version of that type of game makes me interested.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Was reading the comments on the last bond-a-thon, what is some people's deal with the series? It's pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom