• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those guys who isn't a fan of double blind LPs so Pat cheating ahead doesn't really bother me.

Tell you the truth, I was expecting them to still be stuck in the first half of village by the end of the video so they've already exceeded my expectations by reaching the Windmill.

They should have the forest cleared by Friday I guess #WeekofForbidden

It's not the fact that he's playing ahead. More than he keeps pretending like he doesn't know somethings coming when it's clear he does.

It's probably best to drop the facade. Double blind would have been nice, but it's not necessary.

At this point in the LP I feel like they should just change the rule and have Woolie finish the LP and just let Pat play ahead on his own.

It worked when the game first came out because it was new to both of them but now they've had plenty of time to get through it.

Numb

Woolie playing like an old lady. Saying what he is going to do before he does and walking instead of sprinting. Glad Bloodborne ain't as long as DS2. His playstyle has some positives tho.

Pat and Woolie need to fuse together so we can get the perfect blind playthrough, Pat's faster paced playing style and Woolie's honorable 20/20 blindness.

Skrams

I saw one estimate out there that if they keep going at this rate, the BB LP will be roughly 110-ish parts. That's roughly 5 months of Bloodborne. And for anyone who doesn't want to watch the LP for whatever reason (lack of interest, wanting to play the game for themselves, etc), that's roughly 5 months of basically halved output from the Best Friends. Yeesh.

Hopefully this is just an overestimation. You'd think with Bloodborne being shorter it would lead to the LP being shorter, but tiptoeing and blindness might lead to that playthrough length.

Yes, but it's been quite a while since the one video per day...days. At this point people have gotten used to two per day.

I'm just super glad a new batch of LPs are starting. Let's move away from the grimdark bullshit and change things up. BB, RER2, Game of Thrones, Mortal Kombat...yeesh. Without Life is Strange in the lineup to brighten things up, shit gets depressing after a while.
Rev 2 and MK as dark? I guess for some people. MK is so goofy that it hardly ever feels that dark. Rev 2 still does the goofy RE thing so not really either.
Another day, another notch in the sluggathon ! Pat showed he actually played farther than he previously said (got all the way to patches, got the tonsil, and i'm guessing he pretty much did Nightmare frontier). I'm thinking it's safe to assume he finished the game way earlier than the actual LP.

Woolie's slow and steady still grants him life for now. Although kinda like being a kid with your parents at a boring dinner, you wish you skipped and went to deserts. But at least they're notifying everything. I love all the RE4 comparison as they're soon to see their first Ganado :p (well. woolie is. Pat probably already saw it)

I thought Patches was random so he could spawn anywhere after night happened. I don't think Pat means he played up to this village part. Him using the tonsil stone and finding the lecture hall though? Not great. Also yeah, they'll flip their shit with the parasites.

Bloodborne Part 26- Pat continues to play ahead because Pat. That item randomly appears at doors I think so it's hard to avoid, but to go and activate the item? Jeez Pat.

People will continue to be annoyed with Woolie's tiptoeing, but I'd feel weird judging it since I do it too. I love to tiptoe around in the games and bring out my monocle to observe everything. I still play looser than Woolie when it comes to action, but I get where he's coming from. It's still not great for LPing though, probably.

Surprised they didn't notice that shit was oil either. They luckily didn't get tagged with fire and learn the hard way. Also avoided most of the traps. I'd like to see them set off the traps to see what they do, but no idea when we'll be getting that. I'm afraid they'll forget half the "funnels" they find and never come back.

The RE4 comparisons are going to come to a head soon too.

Revelaitons Extra Episodes- They're not great and similar to RE4 extra missions. Still neat to have and adding the backstory is good. Pretty good LP overall.

Now to wait for the wave of new shit to hit us after everything has ended.

wamberz1

I used to post sometimes in here in the early threads, but the rapid speed and anime/hentai conversion put me off, so I decided to wait until the thread calmed down. Based on the last couple pages it seem's like that's exactly what happened, so I look forward to start posting in here again.

Anung

Un Rama
It's not the fact that he's playing ahead. More than he keeps pretending like he doesn't know somethings coming when it's clear he does.

I just find it super disingenuous. At 16 minutes in it was just cringe because he's obviously been there before.

Watched it just then. Not much to say on it other than Woolie walks everywhere so it took him 30 minutes to make 10 minutes of progress. I'm not gonna lie I started skipping the video forward around the 20 minute mark out of boredom. Hopefully we'll see Pat and Woolies reactions to these criticism in a month or so when the videos catch up.

Roll on them new LPs!

Skrams

I used to post sometimes in here in the early threads, but the rapid speed and anime/hentai conversion put me off, so I decided to wait until the thread calmed down. Based on the last couple pages it seem's like that's exactly what happened, so I look forward to start posting in here again.
Welcome

Good to see more people rediscovering these threads. Wonder if Thread 18 can be rebooted to let more people know it's okay to come back.
I just find it super disingenuous. At 16 minutes in it was just cringe because he's obviously been there before.

Watched it just then. Not much to say on it other than Woolie walks everywhere so it took him 30 minutes to make 10 minutes of progress. I'm not gonna lie I started skipping the video forward around the 20 minute mark out of boredom. Hopefully we'll see Pat and Woolies reactions to these criticism in a month or so when the videos catch up.

Roll on them new LPs!
Are you specifically talking about the mobs comment or something else? I see why you would think he 's lying, but I kind of doubt it. He did think that water was death water 2 seconds beforehand, but I guess if you wanted to be crazy you could think he was lying to draw off suspicion. I'd hope Pat could talk about this shit in this thread or somewhere to dispel these thoughts or just confirm them. I don't want this to turn into a MGR playthrough where Pat is just constant putting on airs.
I still love the Bloodborne playthrough. I don't care what anybody says. And I still wanna give Pat the benefit of the doubt.

I'd like to as well. I can't think of much else he could of done that isn't obvious progress. There's not much quest progress or hidden item progress left that I think he could stumble upon.

Queue next day's episode having another "So I knew about this thing ahead," moment.

aly

I still love the Bloodborne playthrough. I don't care what anybody says. And I still wanna give Pat the benefit of the doubt.

Me too. I hope that he stopped where he said he stopped. If not then it just sucks the fun out of everything. Although I wouldn't complain if Woolie just sprinted a little. Just a little. Pretty glad they backed out of the cave at the moment though.

Btw, what happened in the MGR playthrough?

Anung

Un Rama
Are you specifically talking about the mobs comment or something else? I see why you would think he 's lying, but I kind of doubt it. He did think that water was death water 2 seconds beforehand, but I guess if you wanted to be crazy you could think he was lying to draw off suspicion.

Just how he was so sure there wasn't a boss fight in there and how he seen an enemy to the left (nothing was there) then when they walk in there was a mob of enemies to the far left, knowing the water was poison and it just seemed like he was trying to be coy about knowing exactly what was around that area and what would be at the end of it. The tone of his voice seemed a bit suspect.

Skrams

Me too. I hope that he stopped where he said he stopped. If not then it just sucks the fun out of everything. Although I wouldn't complain if Woolie just sprinted a little. Just a little. Pretty glad they backed out of the cave at the moment though.

Btw, what happened in the MGR playthrough?
After their first play session, Pat and Matt both went home and beat the game on their own. The rest of the playthrough is them acting as if everything is new when it isn't.
Just how he was so sure there wasn't a boss fight in there and how he seen an enemy to the left (nothing was there) then when they walk in there was a mob of enemies to the far left, knowing the water was poison and it just seemed like he was trying to be coy about knowing exactly what was around that area and what would be at the end of it. The tone of his voice seemed a bit suspect.
I see why you have reason to be suspicious. Except Woolie guessed one big monster and Pat said that was also his guess at the time. He changed his tune later with the mobs comment, but I want to assume Pat was just seeing things because of his dumb dark TV. He also guessed the water was poison because the game handed him antitodes right there. That's a pretty logical leap in a souls game. The shortcut thing feels suspicious, but I just don't know. A lot of this feels like there's shit there if you look too deeply at it to me. I'd hope it's just as innocent as it is and isn't just lies.
Thread 18: No really, we talk about the Best Friends now.
I meant super reboot. As in back to Thread 1. It probably wouldn't fly, but who knows.

Man, I just tried out the podcast on a whim, and man these dudes are hilarious and awesome. I've been bouncing around through some videos, and they're hella great!

I love these kind of posts.

Have fun discovering the wealths of content there is. Silent Hill Downpour is a really great primer since it's one of their first major LPs if you want to try it out. There's also hundreds of hours of the podcast to go through if you want that.

Man, I just tried out the podcast on a whim, and man these dudes are hilarious and awesome. I've been bouncing around through some videos, and they're hella great!

yourehereforever.jpg

Glad you're enjoying it! Front page has all the recommended reading. Ignore the current "ongoing" as Fault hasn't updated it in a bit.

aly

After their first play session, Pat and Matt both went home and beat the game on their own. The rest of the playthrough is them acting as if everything is new when it isn't.

Lmao. Sounds so awkward. MGR is a pretty short game though and at least they both did it. Thisis so much more iffy with Pat flying too close to the sun and leaving Woolie in the tar.

Oh papa Plague
3d40c0db5a.png

Skrams

Lmao. Sounds so awkward. MGR is a pretty short game though and at least they both did it. Thisis so much more iffy with Pat flying too close to the sun and leaving Woolie in the tar.

It's very silly in retrospect. There's a lot of good moments in that LP, but it's weird because most can just be assumed to be staged.

Also a "what's the new LP tonight?" reddit thread lead to this.

2BFLiam The Real Liam-Senpai 7 points 19 minutes ago

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A NEW LP.

I hope it's just to throw us off because no god no god no Castlevania 2 please god no. Just be Sonic Adventure 2 or some other garbage. Big The Cat only.

Drop down menu on the site says Sonic Adventure. Well then.

Zenfalcia

Aw yeaahhh, Sanic. It's all downhill from here.

Youtube version.
Yo, welcome to the thread. Yeah the podcasts are great stuff. They do jump in really deep so you might need to learn some lore to get some of the jokes. What have you watched so far?

Skrams

The Description

SONIC SAYS: Hey guys, Sonic here! Welcome to the first official Let’s Play of one of my games! I’ve got my 3 friends to guide you through this totally radical, graphically gorgeous, totally not awkwardly voice acted, and perfect camera controlled 3D Adventure! It was released on some archaic piece of technology that had a horrible controller back in 1999! I forget the name of it!

Youtube Link happened later too.

Archgan

Man, this LP was recorded back in January. I wonder how many other LP's they have recorded already and how much of this is already done.

Geg

I guess I can see why this episode of Bloodborne would have been frustrating to watch for people who have already played Bloodborne, but as someone who hasn't I enjoyed it. Even at Woolie's slower pace it's fun to just watch them explore a new area and not know what's coming.

Plus there was no angry arguing about stats this time

Numb

Man, this LP was recorded back in January. I wonder how many other LP's they have recorded already and how much of this is already done.
Really. I always thought they did things on the spot and fast since they had so much to do and not enough time.
Atleast i understand now how Pat was able to play 300hrs of Monster Hunter in two months. They have a bunch of LPs already done.

You know, I can totally appreciate the fact that Liam's actively trying to show off every janky aspect of this game.

It's unfortunate I no longer have the same level of appreciation for Sonic Adventure like they do, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom