• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Im dying at Pat's pure sodium levels rising when Liam touched his TV in Avengers in Galactic Earth Storm for Battle

Caderfix

I'm a big Best Friends fan, but I never post here due to all the anime talk which I find a little intimidating (since I'm not into it, at all).

I'm with you. At first I used to check this thread constantly, but then a bunch of hentai avatars and excessive anime talk appeared (Around OT2, if I remember correctly) and... man, I actually like some animes, but it's just too much for me haha

Nothing against anyone here, I respect the tastes, but it's just not for me, that's all.

But I feel like I need to add my two cents on something.

I've been watching the Bloodborne LP and enjoying it for the most part (minus the godawful pace of Woolie the Lying Pie-Stealing Snail with 20/20 vision). I've also been able to accept Pat's wildly off-base speculation which he constantly insists on as being fact. All things considered, it's an entertaining LP of a game I love.

However, the latest episode really soured me on Pat due to his treatment of Woolie. I know it's been a long-running joke among the fanbase that Pat is an asshole, and it has led to endless entertainment over the years, but Pat really showed something quite unpleasant in this video. He was consistently arrogant, rude, condescending, and downright mean-spirited. It was extremely uncomfortable to listen to, and I'm now convinced that all jokes aside, he's just not a nice person. There's a difference between playful, insulting banter, and downright maliciousness.

Woolie took it surprisingly well, and it's commendable that he did - he's clearly a lot more mature.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether or not I'll slither away from this thread again. Should I stay?

TL;DR - I was let down by Pat's vicious, childish attitude in the latest Bloodborne video, and it has made me question my whole perception of him.

I completely agree with this as well. I was just, straight up, dissapointed. I know Pat doesn't owe me anything, I'm not even trying to imply anything like that, but I've actually aways seen him as that grumpy friend we all have that has an attitude but is actually a great person. After the last BB episode I see him as a straight up douche, a person that I'd avoid at all cost based just on how he treats other people. At the same time my respect for Wollie went throught the roof, as he took the high road, made his point and gracefully agreed to disagree and moved on, while Pat kept acting like a spoiled child with his "No, shut up. I'm right and you're wrong. You're such an asshole for not taking what I say as gospel".

This along with a few moments where, if I remember correctly, he was "Pissy" during the DSII let's play made the whole thing WAY less enjoyable to me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm with you. At first I used to check this thread constantly, but then a bunch of hentai avatars and excessive anime talk appeared (Around OT2, if I remember correctly) and... man, I actually like some animes, but it's just too much for me haha

Nothing against anyone here, I respect the tastes, but it's just not for me, that's all.

Well you're in luck then, because the mods have explicitly stated that we can't do that anymore. I'm sure you've noticed the lack of anime talk lately.

It's been toned down considerably. You're ok to post.

Well you're in luck then, because the mods have explicitly stated that we can't do that anymore. I'm sure you've noticed the lack of anime talk lately.

Hey SC!

Caderfix

I really didn't, I just came here today after watching the BB video. That's a bummer though. Even though it kept me away from the thread, the anime talk, if I remember correctly, was about the animes the best friends talked about, so I've always thought it was harmless, and if it's not someone's thing, they should just ignore it, like I did.

Sorry to hear that :/

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I really didn't, I just came here today after watching the BB video. That's a bummer though. Even though it kept me away from the thread, the anime talk, if I remember correctly, was about the animes the best friends talked about, so I've always thought it was harmless. if it's not someone's thing, they should just ignore it, like I did.

Its fine. Everything has already gone to shit anyways. If you want that, go visit indonesian bobs tumblr.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I really didn't, I just came here today after watching the BB video. That's a bummer though. Even though it kept me away from the thread, the anime talk, if I remember correctly, was about the animes the best friends talked about, so I've always thought it was harmless, and if it's not someone's thing, they should just ignore it, like I did.

It may have started that way, but it certainly didn't stay that way.

The hentai shit was what did the thread in, along with the general off-topicness. It needed to slow down in here, so whatever, I still think it was a good thing.

Yo!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've been watching the Bloodborne LP alongside my own progress in the game. Just started it up over the weekend.

I'm only on episode 9 or so now, but it seems good so far. It's a shame to hear that it turns sour at moments.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I've been watching the Bloodborne LP alongside my own progress in the game. Just started it up over the weekend.

I'm only on episode 9 or so now, but it seems good so far. It's a shame to hear that it turns sour at moments.

The sourness is just one's own salty perception with the lp and themselves.

Woolie has his moments. Pat has his. They argued about some dumb shit on Friday of last week.

It's fine.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I saw one estimate out there that if they keep going at this rate, the BB LP will be roughly 110-ish parts. That's roughly 5 months of Bloodborne. And for anyone who doesn't want to watch the LP for whatever reason (lack of interest, wanting to play the game for themselves, etc), that's roughly 5 months of basically halved output from the Best Friends. Yeesh.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I saw one estimate out there that if they keep going at this rate, the BB LP will be roughly 110-ish parts. That's roughly 5 months of Bloodborne. And for anyone who doesn't want to watch the LP for whatever reason (lack of interest, wanting to play the game for themselves, etc), that's roughly 5 months of basically halved output from the Best Friends. Yeesh.

I wouldn't say halved. The SBF are pumping out more content than they ever have before. There's still plenty to watch if you completely ignore one of the LPs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I wouldn't say halved. The SBF are pumping out more content than they ever have before. There's still plenty to watch if you completely ignore one of the LPs.

Well, I mean, if one of the videos is Bloodborne every weekday, that's pretty close to halved output if you don't care about BB.

Neol

As one of the people who is not fond of the BB LP, seeing this estimate is bumming me out. Still with there new LP's coming out hopefully there will be something enjoyable that will release side by side with it.

Caderfix

Damn... I don't think they'll actually let this happen. I hope they do something like they did with Nuzlocke or cut the fillers.

I was actually enjoying the Nuzlocke, but I totally get why other people weren't. If they didn't go with the alternate way I believe there would be blood.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well, I mean, if one of the videos is Bloodborne every weekday, that's pretty close to halved output if you don't care about BB.

But didn't they use to release a single video per day? We get at least two videos a day now. And there's the podcast for people who listen to that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
But didn't they use to release a single video per day? We get at least two videos a day now. And there's the podcast for people who listen to that.

Yes, but it's been quite a while since the one video per day...days. At this point people have gotten used to two per day.

I'm just super glad a new batch of LPs are starting. Let's move away from the grimdark bullshit and change things up. BB, RER2, Game of Thrones, Mortal Kombat...yeesh. Without Life is Strange in the lineup to brighten things up, shit gets depressing after a while.

They just finished: MKX, Rev2, GoT, Life is strange is on hiatus until next episode, finished Madworld, and finished the bond series.

They need a lynchpin for the evening thats more lighthearted than the tense BB LP.

Neol

Damn... I don't think they'll actually let this happen. I hope they do something like they did with Nuzlocke or cut the fillers.

I was actually enjoying the Nuzlocke, but I totally get why other people weren't. If they didn't go with the alternate way I believe there would be blood.

The thing about Nuzlocke was that the majority of people hated it and even the best friends themselves hated it. In comparison, Pat and Woolie seem to be enjoying BB and a good amount of people enjoy it as well so I can't really see them streaming it. Still though, it would be really nice if they just took a whole day and livestream it to cut out a big chunk of parts but I feel Pat and Woolie are on a nice schedule atm and wouldn't want to do so.

They just finished: MKX, Rev2, GoT, Life is strange is on hiatus until next episode, finished Madworld, and finished the bond series.

They need a lynchpin for the evening thats more lighthearted than the tense BB LP.

Man it bums me out because I feel that Paper Mario would be a perfect fill in with Pat and Liam on the controls but with Nintendo's whole youtube thing I doubt that's gonna happen :/

Caderfix

Yeah, but for the people that aren't enjoying BB play through, half of the released content will not be "enjoyable", for lack of a better term, as there are 5 BB videos per week (excluding the podcast).

I, for one, wasn't watching Resi Revelations 2, as I was playing the game with my girlfriend, and now I'm not feeling the BB walkthough anymore, so there was less enjoyable BFP content to me. I believe that's the kind of situation Seraphis Cain is talking about.

The podcast and FNF/SMS are still very enjoyable though

They need the mailbag back.

Man it bums me out because I feel that Paper Mario would be a perfect fill in with Pat and Liam on the controls but with Nintendo's whole youtube thing I doubt that's gonna happen :/

Why can't they? They won't earn as much as they could normally but Paper Mario is protected:

https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/whitelist/

・Nintendo 64
F-ZERO X
Excitebike 64
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Yoshi's Story
Sin and Punishment

They can monetize.

Caderfix

Man, those were fun! The chemistry, the craziness and even some really heart warming reactions/gifts. I miss those videos.

I remember when someone gave Liam a glittered envelope that was filled with pink sparks. I almost passed out laughing at that lol

Neol

Why can't they? They won't earn as much as they could normally but Paper Mario is protected:

https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/whitelist/

They can monetize.

I feel they don't want another event of getting a shit ton of real life weapons as well as various dildos.

With the Nintendo thing I'm pretty sure they don't want to go through the process of applying for the whole program thing and whatnot. Another solution would be to LP it on the site but I doubt that's gonna happen. Still...there is hope.

Caderfix

I feel they don't want another event of getting a shit ton of real life weapons as well as various dildos.

That can be solved by setting a rule for letters and small boxes only. Everything that doesn't fit the criteria is left in the customs or, at least, is not part of the video.

croten

That can be solved by setting a rule for letters and small boxes only. Everything that doesn't fit the criteria is left in the customs or, at least, is not part of the video.

They told people to calm down and they didn't. Mailbag will never come back.

Squishy3

There's also the part where Woolie talked about how long it took to edit the videos. It was basically unsustainable between going to the post office, bringing the stuff back, getting everyone over to record the mailbag, recording the mailbag, editing the mailbag.

Mailbag videos aren't coming back.

Man, those were fun! The chemistry, the craziness and even some really heart warming reactions/gifts. I miss those videos.

I remember when someone gave Liam a glittered envelope that was filled with pink sparks. I almost passed out laughing at that lol

3d2.gif

convo

Goddammit Pat, you waste of a human being, as if playing more Bloodborne is gonna be a good enough excuse when you accidentally get the ending on your own. Just delete the save if you want this to end already.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, but for the people that aren't enjoying BB play through, half of the released content will not be "enjoyable", for lack of a better term, as there are 5 BB videos per week (excluding the podcast).

I, for one, wasn't watching Resi Revelations 2, as I was playing the game with my girlfriend, and now I'm not feeling the BB walkthough anymore, so there was less enjoyable BFP content to me. I believe that's the kind of situation Seraphis Cain is talking about.

The podcast and FNF/SMS are still very enjoyable though

The thing is, as long as they're playing newer games there will always be an LP or two that regulars can't watch for fear of spoilers. Or at least, that's how I've always approached their release schedule. I think there's enough of a buffer with whatever new LPs they're going to introduce that if you don't enjoy one of them, there's something else available.

And RER2 is one of the best LPs they've done in recent memory, so you should probably watch that once you finish up your playthrough.

MrHoot

Best Friends Play Bloodborne Part 26

Site

Youtube

No one's posting these :p

We're just gonna make a fan edit of actual progress at the end of the week :p

Anyway

Another day, another notch in the sluggathon ! Pat showed he actually played farther than he previously said (got all the way to patches, got the tonsil, and i'm guessing he pretty much did Nightmare frontier). I'm thinking it's safe to assume he finished the game way earlier than the actual LP.

Woolie's slow and steady still grants him life for now. Although kinda like being a kid with your parents at a boring dinner, you wish you skipped and went to deserts. But at least they're notifying everything. I love all the RE4 comparison as they're soon to see their first Ganado :p (well. woolie is. Pat probably already saw it)

We're just gonna make a fan edit of actual progress at the end of the week :p

Anyway

Another day, another notch in the sluggathon ! Pat showed he actually played farther than he previously said (got all the way to patches, got the tonsil, and i'm guessing he pretty much did Nightmare frontier). I'm thinking it's safe to assume he finished the game way earlier than the actual LP.

Woolie's slow and steady still grants him life for now. Although kinda like being a kid with your parents at a boring dinner, you wish you skipped and went to deserts. But at least they're notifying everything. I love all the RE4 comparison as they're soon to see their first Ganado :p (well. woolie is. Pat probably already saw it)
It's rough. This is getting really hard to watch.

Caderfix

"I'm still following the trailer rule... What? Don't you remember the trailer where they show the platinum trophy? that happened." _ Pat - BB Playthough Part 356.

I'm one of those guys who isn't a fan of double blind LPs so Pat cheating ahead doesn't really bother me.

Tell you the truth, I was expecting them to still be stuck in the first half of village by the end of the video so they've already exceeded my expectations by reaching the Windmill.

They should have the forest cleared by Friday I guess #WeekofForbidden

MrHoot

I'm one of those guys who isn't a fan of double blind LPs so Pat cheating ahead doesn't really bother me.

Tell you the truth, I was expecting them to still be stuck in the first half of village by the end of the video so they've already exceeded my expectations by reaching the Windmill.

They should have the forest cleared by Friday I guess #WeekofForbidden

I actually wouldn't have mind something similar to DaS2 when someone plays ahead so that it would be snappier. Although here the fact that it's kinda "blind" with someone playing ahead but not admitting and making a shitty atmosphere, it's not that enjoyable

Although they still have iosefka's cave to go to, they will probably take some time in the windmill alone (if they actually find the npc and the cannon), and the area after it is also huge. Not counting the time they'll spend in the dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom