• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I was hoping for Four Swords Adventure but this will do.
tumblr_n595reAwcg1sxudx7o4_400.gif

That sounds awesome. I am surprised that they have never done a Zelda thing that is not about the music. What are the chances of a Zelda Wii U full LP?

Skrams

Man, this LP was recorded back in January. I wonder how many other LP's they have recorded already and how much of this is already done.
Jan 14th. Woolie dated this video super hard. It seems like it might have only got put up a month or so ago though because that's where the video is showing up for me currently. This happened with the mystery boxes for me too. Wonder if it's just me or not. I hope it's not effecting their view counts too much if it isn't just me.
Really. I always thought they did things on the spot and fast since they had so much to do and not enough time.
Atleast i understand now how Pat was able to play 300hrs of Monster Hunter in two months. They have a bunch of LPs already done.
Well, yeah. It's been kind of obvious for a while that they record these things way in advance. This is why we seem to always get teased with things that either never happen or take forever to happen. I'm not going to say their job isn't hard or anything, but also it's a job that lets you stack up a lot of shit in advance. Pat's said in the steam chat before that they've had the May episodes of Bloodborne recorded. They've mentioned on the podcast that they're way more ahead than they thought they'd be. At least Liam did once as far as I remember.
You know, I can totally appreciate the fact that Liam's actively trying to show off every janky aspect of this game.

It's unfortunate I no longer have the same level of appreciation for Sonic Adventure like they do, though.

Hopefully he keeps doing this. I'd love to see some stupid bullshit like that injected in these videos. It gives it a taste of AGDQ/SGDQ.

He's stumbling around with dick out waiting for Witcher to guide his hips

He was probably hoping for Scholar of the First Sin to be able to fill a wider gap in his game schedule than it's in any way capable of. I know I've been left with less game than I wanted over my vacation and had to turn to some... alternate sources.

Numb

Well, yeah. It's been kind of obvious for a while that they record these things way in advance. This is why we seem to always get teased with things that either never happen or take forever to happen. I'm not going to say their job isn't hard or anything, but also it's a job that lets you stack up a lot of shit in advance. Pat's said in the steam chat before that they've had the May episodes of Bloodborne recorded. They've mentioned on the podcast that they're way more ahead than they thought they'd be. At least Liam did once as far as I remember.

I knew they had a bunch of them done and waiting but i underestimated how long ago they were done. I would think a month or 2 max but 5 or even more surprised me.

Archgan

Jan 14th. Woolie dated this video super hard. It seems like it might have only got put up a month or so ago though because that's where the video is showing up for me currently. This happened with the mystery boxes for me too. Wonder if it's just me or not. I hope it's not effecting their view counts too much if it isn't just me..

That happens to me with a couple of their videos, too. I'm pretty sure it actually happened with the final Shaolin Monks part, which is why some people didn't know it ended. I don't think it will affect views too much since only viewers who only check their channels for uploads will miss it.

I like the Bloodborne LP, but I don't think double-blind was actually a good choice. I hate to say it, but the Grumps are doing a playthrough where Arin has fully completed the game, and the difference is palpable. Their commentary is actually keeping on the level of Pat and Woolie's (despite the fact they're normally not even in the same stratum) simply because they have so much more of substance to talk about instead of just speculating.

360pages

It's not tho. I'll rather play Lost World than both of the Adventure games.

I'd rather play Colors and Generations over all of them. Most people forget that Sonic only takes up 1/3 of the Adventure games. Adventure 1 was better at this since most characters played like Sonic with a single gimmick, with only Knuckles and Big having very different styles.

SA2 on the other hand...

360pages

It still comes down to comparing turds that smell slightly more or less shitty next to each other. It's still bad.

I'd actually rate Colors and Generations of Super Mario Sunshine in a lot of places. They have their problems, but they are Good games not great.

Though legit, Mario Sunshine is probably one of the few games I got angry at while playing and actually look back on and say. No it wasn't worth it.

Of course it wasn't worth it. Just look at it, it's the crappy anime filler arc of the Mario universe and it isn't even trying to hide it. Tea racing ninjas all over the goddamn place.

Geg

I'm enjoying the LP. Just not the constant lies.

You know, Pat technically never lied about where he stopped in his personal playthrough. He said he stopped at the lantern in the Forbidden Woods which still hasn't been contradicted, and then after (or before) that when he was just wandering around areas they had already been he went to the place with the tonsil stone and stopped when he realized he shouldn't be doing that yet

You know, Pat technically never lied about where he stopped in his personal playthrough. He said he stopped at the lantern in the Forbidden Woods which still hasn't been contradicted, and then after (or before) that when he was just wandering around areas they had already been he went to the place with the tonsil stone and stopped when he realized he shouldn't be doing that yet

When he got the Tonsil Stone he never should have followed up on it. There's no way around that. It means he knew all about the Amygdala in that room when they were supposedly "surprised" when he stood in front of the door and got picked up by it.

He knew it would happen because he went there. You can hear Woolie being very audibly upset in the last 2 parts that he's been doing this. It's not just us.

Archgan

When he got the Tonsil Stone he never should have followed up on it. There's no way around that. It means he knew all about the Amygdala in that room when they were supposedly "surprised" when he stood in front of the door and got picked up by it.

He knew it would happen because he went there. You can hear Woolie being very audibly upset in the last 2 parts that he's been doing this. It's not just us.
Pretty sure the Amygdala part marked the end of the session before he played ahead, but I do think he shouldn't've played ahead.

Edit:
Nevermind, I think I was misremembering.

Edit2:
Nevermind again, I was right the first time. I just couldn't find the Amygdala part for a little bit.

MrHoot

Aaah sonic Adventure 1...often criticzed too harshly by most, also praised too much by the fans. But I think that with Generations, i'd still the most solid 3d sonic game (even though the amy/e102/big sections were completely forgettable). But it's a shame they never kept the platforming formula for sonic which I still think, with some tweaks to the physics and whatnot and some additional fluff would be the best.

SA2 on the other hand I remember finding completely mediocre even at the time of release when I was a kid, i was very much let down. Only 1/3rd of the game being decent, and it wasn't much compared to the SA1 sonic/tails/knuckles levels

zeemumu

If I remember correctly, the voice of Tails is Chowder.

And the voice actor for Tommy Pickles didn't die.

I'm pretty sure Sonic Adventure is the first time that they call him Eggman, too. He still refers to himself as Robotnik but Sonic calls him Eggman as a joke. By Sonic Adventure 2 he's just given up.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Woolie has his moments. Pat has his. They argued about some dumb shit on Friday of last week.

It's fine.

I think we all should remember, Matt stated that even tho woolie and Pat are friends, they tend to butt heads when put in the same room together, and because of that Matt didnt really have playthroughs where it was Pat and woolie together alone, its only been the past year or so that they have done actual playthoughs together when Matt or Liam isnt there because it surprisingly worked out well, cause when they arent butting heads they play off eachother and have cool insight alot.

I remember the dungeons and dragons beatemup playthrough, at the near end they tried to pull off the special final move but couldnt, Woolie and Pat ended up butting heads over it at the end there with matt and liam wanting to play some mario to get rid of the tension.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Should tell Liam that the "wii one" which I'm assuming he is talking about colors, sold really well, infact despite everyone talking about generations like crazy, it didnt sell as well as colors did, and it was on like 3 platforms, and even the 3DS one which is technically a different game, actually sold the most out of all the versions, the PC version might be up there now due to word of mouth and mods tho.

Pat needs to watch more war movies. Most of them have serious moments of mood whiplash. It isn't unique to anime games like Valkyria Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom