• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplolas

Banned
Hey guys. Popping back in again to ask a quick question.

None of you will likely be able to answer it, but I thought asking here before making a thread directly about it might be a good idea. Hopefully you can answer.

I just want to know how long it approximately took to make:

FIFA Soccer

League of Legends

Super Street Fighter

And I am talking like an Alpha version of the game.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

None of you will likely be able to answer it, but I thought asking here before making a thread directly about it might be a good idea. Hopefully you can answer.

FIFA Soccer

League of Legends

Super Street Fighter

It took a good four years to make LoL.
The alpha was released in early 2009 and the game was released later that year.

Duplolas

Banned
It took a good four years to make LoL.
The alpha was released in early 2009 and the game was released later that year.

I meant how long does it take to reach the alpha developmental stage for FIFA, LoL, and SSF.

But thanks for letting me know how long it took them to reach final build. That also is helpful.

FIFA Soccer

League of Legends

Super Street Fighter

You mean Super Street Fighter 2? I'm not sure why you would have expected an alpha of that to even honestly exist. Street Fighter 2 (CE/Turbo/etc.) was already a thing, so creating a technical alpha for a version that's just adding new characters and balance changes was not really necessary.

If you just mean SF2 in general, that's slightly different, though the prototyping phase for early arcade games like that was still dramatically shorter than a modern game, even one with a very simplified alpha like League of Legends.

Those are also very different games to build to alpha states. I'm not a FIFA expert, but I'm guessing it was mostly technical details that had to be worked out for that, and thus the alpha period could drag on quite a long time waiting for the tech to come together. SF2, while it was doing somewhat different things with the tech, required virtually no new tech in and of itself, so it was mostly a design challenge. LoL is even further in that direction, given that it wasn't even doing anything new or different with the tech, but rather just reverse-engineering it from an existing example.

Duplolas

Banned
Those are also very different games to build to alpha states. I'm not a FIFA expert, but I'm guessing it was mostly technical details that had to be worked out for that, and thus the alpha period could drag on quite a long time waiting for the tech to come together. SF2, while it was doing somewhat different things with the tech, required virtually no new tech in and of itself, so it was mostly a design challenge. LoL is even further in that direction, given that it wasn't even doing anything new or different with the tech, but rather just reverse-engineering it from an existing example.

Ok so. I guess it would be fine to post this here, but I am only asking about the production time of those games because I have plans for starting on the development of a conceptual hybrid between FIFA, LoL (Really any MOBA), and Super Street Fighter (Really any Arcade Fighter).

A general, conceptual explanation of the game is an Objective Based, X-Y-Z Axis Oriented, MOBA with FIFA-based Skill Shot Mechanics, Camera Angle, and Player Movement, with an Arcade Fighting Combo System.

So keeping that in mind, how much work do you think it would take to make this game with 4 playable characters.

And please don't steal my idea. I have everything conceptually planned out. Meaning that every single mechanic of the game has already been indepthly documented. I just need to organize it all into a Provisional Patent Application.

I just wanted to know what I was getting into before I did since it costs money to issue a provisional patent application. If it is too much for me and a small development team, then I won't want to make it.

As you said on the topic of LoL, essentially I am reverse engineering these three games to make an entirely new game. So my original thought was that itd be easy to do, but I still wanted to know.

If it actually ends up being easy, I will likely have a kickstarter up sometime late summer.

Caderfix

Ok so. I guess it would be fine to post this here, but I am only asking about the production time of those games because I have plans for starting on the development of a conceptual hybrid between FIFA, LoL (Really any MOBA), and Super Street Fighter (Really any Arcade Fighter).

The mix is already interesting enough. I'll back it if it goes to kickstarter.

Geg

So does Liam actually care about Neptunia and other creepy anime games or do they just put those in their "what's coming out this month" videos as a joke

So does Liam actually care about Neptunia and other creepy anime games or do they just put those in their "what's coming out this month" videos as a joke
I think he likes only the RPGs of Neptunia. He had to look up the release date of U to find that it competes with the Witcher 3.

Duplolas

Banned
Any kind of game is super hard to make. Like, super hard.

Well my original idea was that I could either go to EA or to Konami.

EA offers the ability to apply for them to publish a game by them provided it has had a successful crowd funding campaign.

Konami doesn't offer anything.

The reason why I would want to go to them (MAINLY KONAMI) is because of the game engines they already have in place.

EA makes FIFA with the Ignite Engine. Konami makes Pro Evolution Soccer with the Fox Engine.

Essentially all that would need to be done is to add functional abilities to the game and rework the map. And of course the character modeling, texturing, and sound.

All of which I again have completely planned out and documented.

On an almost completely unrelated note. With the current problems Konami is facing, allowing consumers the ability to purchase and develop using their Fox Engine would be an amazing idea.

Then I wouldn't have to go to either of them

MrHoot

I'm pretty sure he had to drop by /psvg/ on 4ch a few times, because i recall some of his taste and info were oddly similar to what was on there.

So i'd assume yes

There is nothing wrong with life, hometown and animu

croten

Well my original idea was that I could either go to EA or to Konami.

EA offers the ability to apply for them to publish a game by them provided it has had a successful crowd funding campaign.

Konami doesn't offer anything.

The reason why I would want to go to them (MAINLY KONAMI) is because of the game engines they already have in place.

EA makes FIFA with the Ignite Engine. Konami makes Pro Evolution Soccer with the Fox Engine.

Essentially all that would need to be done is to add functional abilities to the game and rework the map. And of course the character modeling, texturing, and sound.

All of which I again have completely planned out and documented.

On an almost completely unrelated note. With the current problems Konami is facing, allowing consumers the ability to purchase and develop using their Fox Engine would be an amazing idea.

Then I wouldn't have to go to either of them

You're a little ambitious.

Duplolas

Banned
You're a little ambitious.

The original idea was just to add single abilities to each player on a soccer team and then keep everything else the same, besides reskinning everything of course.

But then I thought about that for a second and realized that then it would basically just be the same exact thing as any of the Mario Sports Games, with the main difference being the engine for the game would be much more realistic and challenging.

So I expanded from there.

I just sometimes continue the conceptual development of the game when im bored, but eventually it added up. I look into every aspect I can, thinking both logically and irrationally, as well as everything else in between, in relation to what a typical player of my game might do/think to do.

I was thinking about creating a non-disclosure agreement so I could start spreading the idea around a bit more.

In the end, if I could sell the idea I would. I am incredibly lazy.

And FYI, the economics of the game as far as how you could make money off of it are indescribably large.

You have the ability to sell skins just like in any MOBA or Arcade Fighter, but also the ability to reskin the entire game and sell it as the next year addition to the game like how FIFA makes their games.

Lol knew those hookworm looking things would wreck Pat. I don't think there's an enemy type I've had more trouble fighting against than those things due to their shitty hitboxes.

MrHoot

Lol knew those hookworm looking things would wreck Pat. I don't think there's an enemy type I've had more trouble fighting against than those things due to their shitty hitboxes.

They're the absolute worst enemies in the game. Fuck them.

Fucking this. In cainhurst too. They do an improbable amount of damage, to say the least, and if you don't have a big "fuck you" hammer to hit them, it's really fucking hard

Nice ep today. I doubt Woolie will go straight to Iosefka's, so they will probably kill the boss tomorrow ! They might get surprised by the giant snake-eater attack. And then by Byrgenwerth's frenzy comittee (with that much insight, it should be fun...)

EDIT: Oh gosh forgot the spoilers, sorry...

Bloodborne LP still continuing to be a roller coaster of highlights and low lights. Thankfully these last couple videos have been going uphill as far as progress goes.

Still anxious to see their reactions to shit after Byrgenwerth.

Woah woah! Slow down there sonic-Pat! What's with all this gotta go fast =p ?

That said, yup- they'll probably clear the Woods by the end of this week, and by next week I think they could reach 2/3 completion- Byrgenwerth and Cainhurst.

EDIT: I know people gave him shit about his playstyle, but I hope Woolie's the one to kill the Shadows of Yharnam, the whole underdog thing I guess. Pat would be able to do it all too easily.

MrHoot

Bloodborne LP still continuing to be a roller coaster of highlights and low lights. Thankfully these last couple videos have been going uphill as far as progress goes.

Still anxious to see their reactions to shit after Byrgenwerth.

I'm giddy to see how they're gonna get their shit pushed in at Yahar'gul, because fucking hell I did the first time around. Also how it looks. And the gangbang trio

They're the absolute worst enemies in the game. Fuck them.

As with all difficult things, when a problem comes along, you must whip it.

For real though, I usually run around with a different weapon, but when dealing with those things I just switch to the whip, jump back, and start swinging around like a nutter. They're one of very few enemies in the game I won't fight straight-up like a big manly man.

MrHoot

Girls like funny guys i guess. Doesn't explain woolie though.

image.php

I got around to watching pat goes to japan. What is it with the bestfriends having hot girlfriends?

It's the pot of gold at the end of the angry rainbow

Skrams

I assume he mostly cares ironically. He'll probably buy the game, play a bit, and then put it down I'd assume. I think they won't touch a lot of the games on the Upcoming in May stuff. They're just listing interests and what they think they'll try to pursue.

I got around to watching pat goes to japan. What is it with the bestfriends having hot girlfriends?

Shit Tier E-Celebs get all the hot girlfriends. Liam even has Madoka. It's just too strong.

Bloodborne Part 29- Surprised we got to see the boss with how much time they spent fucking around in the water, shortcuts, hunters dream, and pig anuses. Those worms are also the worst. We'll probably get some looks at the next area next episode unless Woolie fucks everything up. I doubt he will. Pretty alright episode overall.

I'm glad in today's Bloodborne Pat dropped the most important Souls game protip you will ever hear: make sure the elevator is there.

Edit: Though it's tremendously sad that they've put so little into their damage scaling that they're still fussing around with Molotovs this late in the game, despite having done zero points into Arcane. Those things should be completely worthless compared to their main weapons by this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom