• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That gif reminds me of this.

Uhh, Woolie's only on peppers, right?

image.php

The Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need is Kill stuff is pretty much the gap between Gundam 00 season 1 and 2. One's more of a grounded military scifi thing that happens to be made by Japanese people, the other is an anime with scifi trappings and chock full of archetypal stuff/tropes. Both are fine in their own contexts, but when you get both versions of the same thing, the more grounded one might be the better one in your mind if you've grown up with a lot of western scifi.

More people need to push Imagine.
I don't think anyone can actually push Imagine... Especially now since only the JP servers are up. It apparently had a really weird P2W model that really put people off. The only thing It can convince people to play it is the fan service and the story that bridges the gap between
SMTI and SMTII
in the Megaten timeline. I wonder if Pat would get into it after playing more Megaten games. I'm sure he would probably cheat his way through PVP too.

demidar

I don't think anyone can actually push Imagine... Especially now since only the JP servers are up. It apparently had a really weird P2W model that really put people off. The only thing It can convince people to play it is the fan service and the story that bridges the gap between
SMTI and SMTII
in the Megaten timeline. I wonder if Pat would get into it after playing more Megaten games. I'm sure he would probably cheat his way through PVP too.

Maybe if Cheat Engine was platform agnostic.

I got to this part of the podcast- The difference between a Light Novel and "not" a light novel is literally just the publisher label.

I suppose you could say it's a somewhat pointless distinction.

It's definitely not base on number of pages- "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon" (Horizon in the middle of nowhere) for example has each volumes thick enough to kill a man, and it's not base on illustration covers case because "Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou" apparently doesn't count otherwise it would be crushing even SAO's per volume sales.

aly

I get Woolie's reasons, but wow he's so wrong about All You Need Is Kill.

Liam you're super right.

Anime tropes > Stupid hollywood tropes

Nah, neither are right and its just one of those individual preference things. I would be more likely to take Hollywood Tropes over Anime tropes any day because that's what appeals to me. Either way The Edge of Tomorrow was a fantastic movie, although I feel for people who might have just wanted an adapted version of the source material.

Pat's enthusiasm for FFXIV is really making me want to resub and switch to the Ultros server.

He's really on the nose with the hardest part of playing mmos being finding people who you can team up with and stick with.

I haven't gotten to listening to the podcast yet, but based on all this discussion I'm seeing about them talking about Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need is Kill, I'm guessing they didn't talk about Mad Max: Fury Road when going over stuff during their week?

Because if that's the case, then I'm extremely disappointed.

I haven't gotten to listening to the podcast yet, but based on all this discussion I'm seeing about them talking about Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need is Kill, I'm guessing they didn't talk about Mad Max: Fury Road when going over stuff during their week?

Because if that's the case, then I'm extremely disappointed.
Matt did, since he's the only one who has seen it so far, AFAIK.

Pat's enthusiasm for FFXIV is really making me want to resub and switch to the Ultros server.

Maybe not Ultros, but yeah, I got kinda legit hype while listening to him.

Next thing I know I'm looking up classes 0_o

Oh god they finally dropped the cross dressing. Glad they like the Executioners' Garb, I'm more of a Knight's person myself.

And then...

"Let's pump 1 blood to use this new weapon!"
*Level up Endurance*

Jesus, they still have less offensive stat investment than some brand new characters. I hope they're done by now and Woolie's getting a chance to play it on his own time, I think he'd enjoy it a lot more with an aggressive build. (Though he'd probably try Arcane and be super disappointed, knowing Woolie.)

Anung

Un Rama
Christ I haven't been on steam in 49 days.

Got Bloodborne and the Podcast to catch up. Been playing so much Witcher 3 that I've got no time.

Gestahl

Maybe not Ultros, but yeah, I got kinda legit hype while listening to him.

Next thing I know I'm looking up classes 0_o

Oh god they finally dropped the cross dressing. Glad they like the Executioners' Garb, I'm more of a Knight's person myself.

And then...

"Let's pump 1 blood to use this new weapon!"
*Level up Endurance*

*takes over half a dozen hits to kill every basic enemy now*

Hmm maybe we need more Vitality

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 37- I was right about Cainhurst. They also half discovered my problem with actually going there because I expected the trigger to be where they first looked, but instead it's at the other location. I guess the other location is more technically the crossing, but eh. The activation trigger is super small, so I passed over it without knowing and then came back later after I knew the activation trigger was there for sure.

They dealt with stuff so far fine. Had to run past a lot of enemies because damage is so low, but yeah. Nice to see them switch armors again. Maybe they'll get one shotted less now. Good to see them getting more chunks as well since I forgot how many were in this location. Hope to see a +9 weapon soon since there's no other way to increase your damage in this game it seems since Miyizaki decided it was smart to remove all of the stats besides Vitality and Endurance. I honestly don't know what he was thinking when he decided to do that. Oh well.

ExoSoul

Banned
Can I get an invite to the Steam group? I know I'm not very active here but theirs is the only channel I follow religiously.

It was probably unreasonable to expect fanart of today's armor xD

KdylanR92

Was watching the recent Plague dark souls ep and when they got to Solaire all i could think about was that "gimme back my son" remix on youtube and in my head i replaced Mel Gibson with Solaire.

SMTI and SMTII

I tried to get into it once. I found a good English guide to try and go through it. I couldn't even get out of the character creator. So fuck it. I'll listen to the music instead
the music is AMAZING.

I have too much videos to catch up on. I'm like half way through the latest mystery box, half way through the podcast. And a like part 3+ of AoS.

Edit: YOOO A NEW MYSTERY BOX

Mystery Box #08
YouTube
Website

semisonic

Banned
Hey everyone. If you're in the Steam group I'm arranging a thing if you'd like to participate.

Here's the link, there's a doc there as well with details about how to join and stuff.

Hope you're able to join if you're interested.

Damn das cool.
I'm interested in Smash, but I'm a little concerned about the ruleset. In general, the ruleset for smash for wii u is 2-3 stocks 5-6 minutes. 4 stock matches for wii u tend to drag a bit. And will there be any customs allowed, or not?

ExoSoul

Banned
I tried to get into it once. I found a good English guide to try and go through it. I couldn't even get out of the character creator. So fuck it. I'll listen to the music instead
the music is AMAZING.

I have too much videos to catch up on. I'm like half way through the latest mystery box, half way through the podcast. And a like part 3+ of AoS.

Edit: YOOO A NEW MYSTERY BOX

Mystery Box #08
YouTube
Website

Funny to see that the first thing Pat did was to raise strenght...

Funny to see that the first thing Pat did was to raise strenght...

His modus operandi in everything but Bloodborne is actually a very strong offensive bias, with Woolie being the one who prefers strong defense. The only real explanation anyone has for his VIT obsession is a fundamental misunderstanding of how the numbers shown on the sheet translate into real gameplay.

Can I get an invite to the Steam group? I know I'm not very active here but theirs is the only channel I follow religiously.

It was probably unreasonable to expect fanart of today's armor xD

There's instructions in the OP on how to join the group. Basically, you just gotta PM me your steam url.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom