• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

imma save that one !

But ye, at this point i'm just watching this in a passive manner, not expecting any actual insight in the game itself. But at least they're making progress normally now.

There is an enitre tumblr full of atleast 200 of these. http://batmanrunningawayfromshit.tumblr.com/

Just glad i finished it before them. I'll keep watching to see what they do differently and mainly cos i watch everything.
No idea why i thought they would get ahead of me at this pace.

MrHoot

There is an enitre tumblr full of atleast 200 of these. http://batmanrunningawayfromshit.tumblr.com/

Just glad i finished it before them. I'll keep watching to see what they do differently and mainly cos i watch everything.
No idea why i thought they would get ahead of me at this pace.

tumblr_nl1k04lxlu1r5ur0ho1_500.gif

yessssssss

Why do they have 90 insight now?

Probably popped the Madman's Knowledge/Great One's Wisdom they had picked up.

It's actually a bit sad the game doesn't do more with Insight, because I had the same inclination my first playthrough (get as much as you can, hope cool things happen). I'm playing through again and keeping my Insight at 10 intentionally, and there's honestly nothing but benefits to doing so.

(And no, you don't even miss out on anything long-term. Even the 'eyeball lanterns' thing happens in Upper Cathedral Ward irrespective of Insight. You just get more Beasthood and Frenzy Resistance with no real downside. Very disappointed.)

Gestahl

It's pretty weird how incensed these comments are, especially given how little the stats actually matter. You could distribute points randomly with your eyes closed and still beat the game just fine.

The stats thing would never have gained as much traction as it has if Pat hadn't brow beat Woolie so hard that he backed down to such an extent that he had forgotten he was ever in favor for increasing strength in the first place

Dio

Banned
Probably popped the Madman's Knowledge/Great One's Wisdom they had picked up.

It's actually a bit sad the game doesn't do more with Insight, because I had the same inclination my first playthrough (get as much as you can, hope cool things happen). I'm playing through again and keeping my Insight at 10 intentionally, and there's honestly nothing but benefits to doing so.

(And no, you don't even miss out on anything long-term. Even the 'eyeball lanterns' thing happens in Upper Cathedral Ward irrespective of Insight. You just get more Beasthood and Frenzy Resistance with no real downside. Very disappointed.)

Were they really carrying that many? I don't really feel like checking, of course.

Yeah, insight was a bit of a disappointment. After I platinumed the game I was still hoping there were some unfound secrets regarding insight, but who knows.

aly

It's pretty weird how incensed these comments are, especially given how little the stats actually matter. You could distribute points randomly with your eyes closed and still beat the game just fine.

Pat kinda acted like a jerk while being wrong earlier about stats is probably the reason for that. Also continuing to ignore it and wonder why they aren't doing much damage. These ghosts are taking more than 3 hits to kill for example.

After Cainhurst there shouldn't be anymore optional areas right?

Do you guys think a Nuzlock style "Race to Nightmare" conclusion would be doable?

EDIT: Oh wait, upper cathedral... well that still counts as a nightmare I guess lol

Geg

Given how these episodes were recorded like four weeks ago I wouldn't be surprised if they've finished the lp already.

BGMNTS

It's always nice being away for about a year knowing I have hundreds of hours of content.

Really loved the Silent Hill 2 playthrough and can't wait until they get further into Evil Within. That piece of dirge.

It's always nice being away for about a year knowing I have hundreds of hours of content.

Really loved the Silent Hill 2 playthrough and can't wait until they get further into Evil Within. That piece of dirge.

Oh man, you have so much to catch up on, so much lore missed!

Also, best summary of the playthrough so far.

586255f0b3b7c6b2351415128f10d524.png

Hackworth

Hey best friends GAF I got a Wii U entirely for Splatoon and now I'm thinking I should get more games. Any suggestions for the best games of the Wii U?

Hey best friends GAF I got a Wii U entirely for Splatoon and now I'm thinking I should get more games. Any suggestions for the best games of the Wii U?

Bayo 2 (comes with Bayo too!), W101, Smash, Super Mario 3D World, and the newest Mario Party if you're a fan of Mario Parties. Also ZombiU is really good.

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 38- Blahblah more Endurance, never Strength. I'm more surprised by how Pat is now Woolie in terms of the thing the thing, where's the thing, what's going on, everything is happening at once. Inability to handle the idea of blowdarts or ladders or not skipping sentences in item descriptions or doing his exterior collisions for Woolie's sake. Wonder if he's trying to be fastborne now. I also don't know why he thought he must of been too quick for that enemy so it wasn't an ambush. Yeah, it doesn't have back attacks, but it only dropped after you walked ahead at a normal pace to pick up the item. You had the camera backwards and the enemy is just simple, so it's not surprising it was a shitty ambush.
The fact that the guys have now completely tapped out from any feedback (actually weeks and weeks ago) means that all of this is even more worthless now.

amazing

Leveling vit and end is fine till they hit the softcap/hardcap.
Everything is worthless because we're all going to die one day and none of it matters.

I'll still continue to talk about shit they fucked up.
Why do they have 90 insight now?
Maybe Pat ran chalice dungeons with Patsworth since for a little bit of time he was being picky and didn't want to use a character in the second slot. They also had 18k souls when they left last episode with 4k or something.
They've confirmed it's done a while ago on the podcast.
Do you actually have the podcast number for that? I relisten to the podcasts a lot and don't remember them saying anything like that within the past month. Last thing I remember is them being all Cainhurst and Castlevania.
3D World, ZombiU, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, Nintendoland eh, Smash, Captain Toad, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Wind Waker HD, NSMB U, and whatever else I can't remember available on the eshop.

Hackworth

Bayo 2 (comes with Bayo too!), W101, Smash, Super Mario 3D World, and the newest Mario Party if you're a fan of Mario Parties. Also ZombiU is really good.
Just looked these up,everything but Mario Party sounds good. I'm thinking of picking up Hyrule Warriors as well.

Any recommendation for 3rd party GCN adaptors? I've got 4 cube controllers and no desire to buy a huge number of classics for Smash.

EDIT: the suggestions have now hit "more games than I can afford" but I'll keep the list in mind, thanks. Probably getting Bayo first (how similar is it to Metal Gear Rising?).

EDIT: the suggestions have now hit "more games than I can afford" but I'll keep the list in mind, thanks. Probably getting Bayo first (how similar is it to Metal Gear Rising?).

Same dev, same genre, but it's a bit harder than MGR and the mechanics aren't really comparable beyond the basics.

FireCloud

Was it just me or did Woolie seem to know the areas they hadn't covered yet on the LP? Specifically, the hidden ladder behind the bookcase.

Was it just me or did Woolie seem to know the areas they hadn't covered yet on the LP? Specifically, the hidden ladder behind the bookcase.

Woolie pulled a Pat and played ahead.

That, or it's just that because he was watching and not playing he noticed it more easily. A person who's playing a game tends to suffer from some degree of tunnel vision, focusing in on the immediate area in front of them and around their character. A person watching will generally be more likely to take notice of things like UI elements and objects on the periphery, like that ladder.

https://twitter.com/wooliewoolz/status/601178924287205377

Woolie the liar strikes again by clearly not completely tapping out of the lp feedback

This is getting confusing. Are Woolie's current comments on the comments of the video that was recorded three weeks prior to the current time current?

I think he's tapping back in because there was a comment Pat made in the last video that probably sounded needlessly salty when they rendered it out and looked at it. ("And apparently I don't know how strength scaling works.") For the record, I don't think he was actually being dismissive/vindictive, his tone was just a bit "off" during a normal attempt at being self-deprecating.

Skrams

Liam did a good job with this LP. A regular LP of a metroidvania would be pretty boring to me. Although Liam made it pretty good by making it quick, informative, and by playing well. Easily one of the better playthroughs of the channel for myself.
Finished it. The LP is still ongoing?
He's probably going to show off the alternate modes a little bit. There's Boss Rush and I think some Julius stuff he probably wants to show off. He said he would run Boss Rush in the episode at least.
Just seemed like he noticed it because it stuck out a lot as the bookcase was moving. Woolie doesn't seem at all like the kind of person to play ahead to me anyway. Despite being a liar he's probably the most trustworthy when it comes to something like not playing ahead. I can't say the same for Pat though.

MrHoot

Loved the Bestfriendvania so far. I love Matt's playing along with commentary and Liam run and gun style for these kind of games.

Also YES for the bloodborne news. Finished my 3rd playthrough some time ago and I just want more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom