• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam still killing it with Aria of Sorrow. It's making me want to play some metroidvanias since I've not played a lot of the GBA ones. I really liked Portrait of Ruin so I might try replaying that eventually. The equivalent of the hippogryph jump is a shoryuken in PoR and it's great.

I feel you. This LP along with all the hype from the new IGAvania has a put in me in a Castlevania mood.
Sick. Somethin about this era of ost's just gets me.

Damn it, you caught my error before I could fix it.

Bloodborne Part 36- Nice to see them sort of mostly clearing out the NF.
I wish they saw Patches.
That armor is going to get them super murdered for the rest of time. I can't believe how much damage they took during those final bits. Their damage output continues to be piddly. Hopefully they get some chunks soon since I forget how those are laid out exactly.

There's a decent number of Chunks in Cainhurst if they end up going there. They're technically farmable there, too. There are some in the Unseen Village, but certainly fewer than you'd hope. (There are fewer Chunks in the game than you'd hope in general, I don't really know what they were thinking with it.)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone else think we're in for a late podcast tonight? Woolie being in New York probably means we won't get it until the "normal" time tomorrow.

I'm saying this so I can be wrong and we'll get it soon.

It won't work.

Skrams

I'll be sure to play this when it finishes downloading. For some reason it's taking quite a while even though it's 200 mb and I've finished download 2 gb of other shit in the meantime.
There's a decent number of Chunks in Cainhurst if they end up going there. They're technically farmable there, too. There are some in the Unseen Village, but certainly fewer than you'd hope. (There are fewer Chunks in the game than you'd hope in general, I don't really know what they were thinking with it.)
I expect that place next since they've already talked about it on the podcast and they probably plan to go there before going forward. It's also probably for the same reason there's one blood rock in the game. I think in my own game I was able to get two weapons to +9 and that's it. I expect them to stick with the axe at this point and maybe they'll throw some rocks at Ludwig's Blade since Pat kind of wants to use it?
Anyone else think we're in for a late podcast tonight? Woolie being in New York probably means we won't get it until the "normal" time tomorrow.

I'm saying this so I can be wrong and we'll get it soon.

It won't work.

I can't remember what it was like the last time someone was out of town, but eh, maybe. They're both EST so I can't imagine it will be that bad unless Pat, Matt, or Liam have to be ones to handle the recording equipment.

Not a great review, but I don't really blame him considering 90% of the time he was writhing in pain.

Wonder if it's just the japanese version or not. That sounds the most likely out of everything Matt would bother reviewing.

Considering all the numbing mist and infinite bullets, yeah, not many would do that legit. Hopefully they can just parry them to death.

Make sure to take any audio from the FNF since that's where Woolie declared he needed to go relieve himself since the peppers were blowing out his ass.

Bloodborne Part 36- Nice to see them sort of mostly clearing out the NF.
I wish they saw Patches.
That armor is going to get them super murdered for the rest of time. I can't believe how much damage they took during those final bits. Their damage output continues to be piddly. Hopefully they get some chunks soon since I forget how those are laid out exactly.
Awesome. I've been so behind that the last video was...the Titan fall one from Mecha week 1....

Well at least I can finally start watching the BB LP now that I beat it.

Skrams

Awesome. I've been so behind that the last video was...the Titan fall one from Mecha week 1....

Well at least I can finally start watching the BB LP now that I beat it.

If you just want the direct shit here you go. There's probably other moments of talking about it in this particular FNF, but I forget.

The time stamp of Woolie turtling up so the turtle of a ghost pepper doesn't poke out accidentally.

Then he comes back with a super puckered anus. "There are some things in life that you taste twice."

ive started to marathon EVERY SINGLE Igavania that i havent scrubbed clean from top to bottom due to this LP and the kickstarter
Lament of Innocence is up next since i beat Symphony today

I should probably give up hoping, but it would be something if Woolie pulled a Woolsworth 2.0 and decided to hard-swerve into a Chikage build. It's just so much more fun than the Hunter's Axe.

aly

respecs dont exist so not likely(they better be added in the inevitable DLC!)

I know its inconvenient, but I kinda like the no repec situation. Your choices super matter and there ain't no going back for mistakes. Mistakes like building a vitality and endurance build for using strength weapons.

Skrams

I should probably give up hoping, but it would be something if Woolie pulled a Woolsworth 2.0 and decided to hard-swerve into a Chikage build. It's just so much more fun than the Hunter's Axe.

Give up.

Still playing the SBF Gaiden RPG. It's alright so far, but as expected the RPG mechanics can be super boring in these kind of games. You want to read more jokes and get to more dialogue, but here's average RPGmaker combat with not a lot of spells or differences going on. It's not very hard, but I do hit random battles every 10 steps and I want to check all corners so that's annoying. Probably going to stop doing that since nothing exists in those corners though. It might be a hard game since I'm running out of health potions almost due to exploring a lot of the nothing. The game is supposed to be replayable and there's been 2 major choices so far. There's also been maybe ambiguous do you pick up the item choices, but no idea if those mean anything if I don't pick em up. Game is fine so far and I'll post again when I finish it probably or something.

Edit- Nevermind. I'm god tier and can't die now.

fhC9zFZ.jpg
9rd2BdC.jpg
Iiphr0v.jpg

The one thing I notice about the lack of respecs is it actually makes me replay the game again with a different character (rather than another NG+), which is something I also did with Dark Souls, and definitely didn't do with Dark Souls 2.

Part of that could have been a much greater desire to actually play Dark Souls/Bloodborne more, though. I don't think I really need to build Raiden in every game. (Though the Bloodborne version is stupid awesome. I plowed through the Shadows of Yharnam in like 10 seconds flat.)

Skrams

I'm in the position of where I've read the book, but have yet to watch the movie. I don't know if I'm going to be more annoyed now when watching the movie eventually or more excited that it could be better from a flashy scifi film show point.

Still, Woolie thinking the movie is more realistic which in turn makes it better is completely silly for what the movie is. I don't think stripping away characters even if they're archetypes and then replacing them with nothing grunts is any better. It feels like he's just coming from an anime tropes are worse position.

Matt also for some reason saying Paul Marketing is correct for once and the movie should take place in America because that's the market? Or he's at least saying that it's obvious that they would do that since Paul Marketing. Feels justified still to be annoyed that they changed small things that mattered and didn't need changing.

Edit- Also fuck. Pat saying the base FF14 story is good is making me want to play it. I couldn't give a fuck about a lot of MMO bullshit, but I kind of like the monotony of MMOs and I'd like to see a good FF story again. I'd have to play with people though so ehhhhhh.

EditEdit- Another DC talk again. This must be super tiring for DC fanboys. I'm getting a little tired of it without even caring about either side at all. That Supergirl trailer looked alright though.

Also thanks redditman icanhasheadache
ImpossibleLastingCicada.gif

Matt also for some reason saying Paul Marketing is correct for once and the movie should take place in America because that's the market? Or he's at least saying that it's obvious that they would do that since Paul Marketing. Feels justified still to be annoyed that they changed small things that mattered and didn't need changing.
I think expectations vs ideals got confused.

never listen to the requirements
just saw a vid of someone playing Witcher 3 on an I3 860m, while i have an I7 860m
looks like il be joining Pat and you guys in Witcher hype next month afterall =P

Squishy3

Edit- Also fuck. Pat saying the base FF14 story is good is making me want to play it. I couldn't give a fuck about a lot of MMO bullshit, but I kind of like the monotony of MMOs and I'd like to see a good FF story again. I'd have to play with people though so ehhhhhh.
The Free Company has plenty of helpful people in it, tho. See reddit.

Except when they're talking about The Witcher 3 while waiting for it to unlock and ignore people asking if anyone wants to do Stone Vigil.

God damn it Liam. Stop trying to make me try out Compile Heart games! I've been wondering what good schock is. I really wanna see the unneedlessly complex mechanics clash now.
---
Pat's description of Final Fantasy XIV really really wants me to compare it to SMT Imagine since he says that "There is nothing like it" when Imagine exists. I'm splooshing over how similar Imagine's battle theme is with SMT1's and Megami Tensei 2's battle theme. Thanks Pat for making me want to dive in Imagine.

God damn it Liam. Stop trying to make me try out Compile Heart games! I've been wondering what good schock is. I really wanna see the unneedlessly complex mechanics clash now.
---
Pat's description of Final Fantasy XIV really really wants me to compare it to SMT Imagine since he says that "There is nothing like it" when Imagine exists. I'm splooshing over how similar Imagine's battle theme is with SMT1's and Megami Tensei 2's battle theme. Thanks Pat for making me want to dive in Imagine.

More people need to push Imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom