• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geg

This is getting confusing. Are Woolie's current comments on the comments of the video that was recorded three weeks prior to the current time current?

I think he's tapping back in because there was a comment Pat made in the last video that probably sounded needlessly salty when they rendered it out and looked at it. ("And apparently I don't know how strength scaling works.") For the record, I don't think he was actually being dismissive/vindictive, his tone was just a bit "off" during a normal attempt at being self-deprecating.

He's saying the video put up yesterday was recorded three weeks ago so the feedback they talk about in the video was from around that time. I think that was mostly when people were just mocking Woolie for being slow and pronouncing Gascoigne wrong. Pat's line about now knowing how strength scaling works wouldn't have been about the feedback because all the big vit/end stuff hadn't happened yet

Everything is worthless because we're all going to die one day and none of it matters.

I'll still continue to talk about shit they fucked up.
Criticism that doesn't hit the creators ears feels useless, but I dunno. I don't have any say in telling people what to do, I'm just frustrated. At the LP and at the fanbase.

(I've never been explicitly talking about here, just the community in general.)

Hey here's our super on time infographic.

gRPFHYC.jpg

Skrams

Criticism that doesn't hit the creators ears feels useless, but I dunno. I don't have any say in telling people what to do, I'm just frustrated. At the LP and at the fanbase.

(I've never been explicitly talking about here, just the community in general.)

A lot of it is just shooting the shit to me again. If they somehow see it then that's only an added bonus.

I barely read the other comments on reddit or youtube or wherever. They're probably not great. If you can't lay back and not take the comments as seriously then I'd probably just stop reading them if I were you. I think I glanced at yesterdays reddit comments for the episode and a lot of it was Strength shit, so eh. I don't really worry about it since I can't do anything about it.

Also if I'm reading this infographic right, Woolie used only 2 more blood vials than Pat and played longer? Queue me quoting all the past comments from people about Woolie using up all the blood vials when he's used almost the same amount as Pat.

Also thanks artofL and uncle saladmuffin

Every time they find one of those blue martian guys in BB, I can't stop myself from going "That is an AAAAAALIEN"

Followed by "speed" a few seconds later

I'm kind of glad for their build for once, because that fight would have been nowhere near as pants-dampeningly intense for Pat if he could have just rushed down Logarius.

I would love Liam to go through Drakengard 1, that game's broke but also damn fascinating
Have Pat strapped to the chair, being driven mad by the ensuing chaos on screen, all while Liam plays through it and goes "this game is great," and I'll be on board.

And beat the rhythm game boss in Ending E in one try.

I haven't watched any of the BB LP since I don't have the game and want to beat it before watching anything but why is there so much butthurt over the LP?

Geg

I haven't watched any of the BB LP since I don't have the game and want to beat it before watching anything but why is there so much butthurt over the LP?

First it was them not finding certain things their first time through areas. Then it was Woolie mispronouncing a character's name and generally playing a lot more slowly and defensively than Pat (though honestly that did get a little bit annoying after a while). Then it was Pat not upgrading his stats properly.

Compound this with the fact that lots of people don't understand these videos are recorded weeks in advance and assume they're just ignoring their complaints when they make the same mistakes again plus the general saltiness of the Souls fanbase.

People complain because they're actually watching and invested in the content. I hope that Pat and Woolie realize that, if they're watching this thread from afar.

These kinds of complaints are a direct result of people actually caring, as opposed to the sort of complaints you get when no one gives a fuck because the content is just terrible to begin with.

People complain because they're actually watching and invested in the content. I hope that Pat and Woolie realize that, if they're watching this thread from afar.

These kinds of complaints are a direct result of people actually caring, as opposed to the sort of complaints you get when no one gives a fuck because the content is just terrible to begin with.

All the criticism I seen so far has been excessively petty. Like how they're playing the game wrong or taking a slower pace then what viewers are comfortable with. It's a Souls game. Do you want them to go rushing in like a bunch of jackasses?

I heard the mocking use of "Snailborne". That's just sounds disrespectful.

Anung

Un Rama
All the criticism I seen so far has been excessively petty. Like how they're playing the game wrong or taking a slower pace then what viewers are comfortable with. It's a Souls game. Do you want them to go rushing in like a bunch of jackasses?

I heard the mocking use of the work Snailborne. That's just sounds disrespectful.

It's a joke. One even Woolie has laughed at. self deprecation is a thing with these guys. Plus if you'd read a lot of the criticism it isn't that people don't like that he isn't rushing through the game. It was at the time he was literally walking for almost entire 30 minute episodes.

Some people have went overboard in terms of them "doing it wrong" but that's just the soulsian fan base really.

Like Imperfected said a lot of people just care about the content and want it to be entertaining. The LP has had its drag moments but recently its been tip top.

I heard the mocking use of the work Snailborne. That's just sounds disrespectful.

That's the point. The complaints are petty because people are basically enjoying the content, for the most part. If you've been around YouTube for a bit, you'd realize that the comments when people aren't enjoying the content are pure, caustic venom completely unrelated to the content. ("I hope your daughter dies of AIDS")

The fact people are complaining about the actual gameplay is a good sign. That means they're paying attention and engaging with the content.

Though, yes, they should rush in. The thing is that Bloodborne isn't a Souls game. There are no mimics, almost no traps, and very few ambushes (none of which are anywhere near as bad as Souls ambushes). You rarely, if ever, have to fight in environments where falling off is a significantly greater danger than the enemies. The majority of the bosses are actually vulnerable to being staggered (and even stunlocked!) if you attack them aggressively and don't let up. The game was actually meant to be played fast and loose, not patiently and cautiously.

kewlmyc

It's a blind playthough and people don't seem to realize that. While people are fine with them missing things, they are also putting a lot of points into health and stamina and kinda neglecting their damage.

So yeah, it all amounts to "boo, they're not playing the game the way it should be played". Well, that and Woolie walking everywhere.

That's the point. The complaints are petty because people are basically enjoying the content, for the most part. If you've been around YouTube for a bit, you'd realize that the comments when people aren't enjoying the content are pure, caustic venom completely unrelated to the content. ("I hope your daughter dies of AIDS")

At some point they're taking it too personally, like this one guy in the previous episode going all over the comments calling anyone who still likes this lp dick riders/suckers.

You can complain and still not be petty about it, no reason why they should be excused behaving like entitled pricks.

I'm sure they realize they aren't legit awful. I mean, watch the first minute of the Stream Four Star Bloodborne to see someone who's actually, tremendously bad at the game trying to fight Cleric Beast.

I think people need to stop expecting LPers to fucking wreck the games they LP. Not everyone can flawlessly play a video game in their first playthrough. Not everyone is Liam.

aly

I think people need to stop expecting LPers to fucking wreck the games they LP. Not everyone can flawlessly play a video game in their first playthrough.

So are flawless ( NO one asked for this) and badly ( which they aren't) the only two moods here? Yeah some of these comments can be petty and awfully rude, but people complaining about complainers is almost as annoying. People had some legitimate complaints that they are and went back to fix, such as talking to NPC's more than once or reading item descriptions. Has nothing to do with flawless playing, and its annoying that criticism about the LP is being shoved as an annoying fanbase or petty complaints.

Anung

Un Rama
So are flawless ( NO one asked for this) and badly ( which they aren't) the only two moods here? Yeah some of these comments can be petty and awfully rude, but people complaining about complainers is almost as annoying. People had some legitimate complaints that they are and went back to fix, such as talking to NPC's more than once or reading item descriptions. Has nothing to do with flawless playing, and its annoying that criticism about the LP is being shoved as an annoying fanbase or petty complaints.

Totally. At worst its being willfully dense and at best its being reductive. It's an easier narrative to push than to actually acknowledge what people are saying.

I think people need to stop expecting LPers to fucking wreck the games they LP. Not everyone can flawlessly play a video game in their first playthrough. Not everyone is Liam.

People who beat Blood borne in 20 hours needs to stop posting on YouTube their predated advice on how to "fix" Patsworth or the LP.

Seriously, let them play. Its supposed to be a Double blind LP. Let them figure shit out at their pace.

Otherwise, were gonna have tape delayed LPs in the future of them playing games to perfection and to a boring degree.

Their struggles are the audiences.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
From Bestvania 5, the conversation Matt overheard in a Gamestop makes me want to punch my TV. I literally buried my face in my hands.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
But they even released a special edition that fixes all the problems the game didn't have, Guardian!

It more frustrating because I've had a conversation with a Gamestop employee that went similarly. Just incredibly dismissive and ignorant.

I enjoyed Bestfriendvania quite a bit. I really hope they end up doing more of them. Castlevania is a series I've always wanted to get into, but never really have. I backed Iga's Bloodstained, so it's probably a good time to do so.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It more frustrating because I've had a conversation with a Gamestop employee that went similarly. Just incredibly dismissive and ignorant.

I enjoyed Bestfriendvania quite a bit. I really hope they end up doing more of them. Castlevania is a series I've always wanted to get into, but never really have. I backed Iga's Bloodstained, so it's probably a good time to do so.

It's not over, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom