• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The abyss of shitty fighting games truly knows no limits. This is amazing.

And thus skla's continued request for Ultimax is denied, once again.

No, it's important though. They really had to play this game so that Woolie could mega-lame everyone with the most broken Blanka clone boss character ever. (I hope the only reason Pat wasn't giving him more shit for that was because it crossed the threshold where he actually had to pull him aside and do it off-camera.)

ksdixon

As someone who bought the evil within but hates the crappy gameplay (seriously how is a headshot or two not an instant head explosion?), I was dismayed to hear SBFZ were so vehemently against doing a let's play of the dlc a few friendscasts ago. I mean I understand it, the main story being a "fuck you buy the dlc for answers" was bad, but I was enjoying their interpretations and predictions of the story as it progressed. A shame really.

Skrams

You have to wonder at some point why they even bothered making this fighter. Why even put forth the effort to make this thing? Why does this company exist? Why have they been able to make this many games somehow? What is this world even?

Am I a scrub? Am I mad?

Or am I actually just intelligent?

Yes, Always, and Never

L1c4rK1.png

Source

Swery is a pretty humble guy. The SBFs are just small fries compared to him right?

L1c4rK1.png

Source

Swery is a pretty humble guy. The SBFs are just small fries compared to him right?

The Best Friends are probably about as profitable as Swery's games have been, and even then only because Deadly Premonition has "cult classic" status (in no small part because of them).

I mean, I love the guy, but a sterling example of success he is not.

convo

The Best Friends are probably about as profitable as Swery's games have been, and even then only because Deadly Premonition has "cult classic" status (in no small part because of them).

I haven't seen their Deadly Premonition playthrough, probably because Supergreatfriend, has one that is superior to most of any Let's play in existence. The game was a cult thing before i even knew that Sw1tcher came back to youtube.

MrHoot

I'm in so deep guys. I want to level a Conjurer and Thaum to 34 and 26 to be ready for Astrologian. I almost have my second class to 50.

As a man in a similar situation, I salute you, but we ain't going off this ship. We'll see you all at the other side of heavensward

(I need to get MORE ALLAGANS)

titanic-violins-1-o.gif

No need to stop now Pat... mostly because I am hoping to join the Storm Feelers once I start working again(which should be within the next week or so). I was thinking of going back to FFXI, but I'm not sure anyone I know even plays that anymore so this sounds like a much better idea.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm playing FFX so I'll hopefully get my JRPG fill from that. Also this FF14 talk is getting my interest. Never played an MMO before but I must admit the hype/interest in contagious.

Bloodborne 50 - Good episode. The ending was hilarious with the emergence of Bully-Woolie.

Bloodborne 51 - They did really well against Ebrietas for their first attempt. That bitch kicked my fucking ass and was definitely the get gud boss of the game for me. Best song in the game for sure. Another good episode :D coming close to the end now.

Time to use the Squat-Pat.

EDIT: Still not watched the Momicon panel yet D: Need to see the cringe.

Squishy3

I'd watch it too. Do it Pat. Do it.
I'm pretty sure as much of us as possible plan to cross the bridge to the expansion together.

That's like maybe a weekend of play, though. Lv1-20 in particular is super trivial.
It's not trivial. You have to fight off falling asleep because it's so boring.

I got Tam-Tara in my low level duty once and I only got to press 3 buttons the entire dungeon. The current optimal Dragoon rotation at 50 is 24 actions, not including things that aren't affected by the global cooldown like jumps and self-buffs.

That's literally 90% of my hotbar gone when I'm level-synced.

Edzi

Pats gonna get shat on next podcast for betraying CDProjeckt for an MMO
a FUCKING MMO

Pat's hype for Witcher 3 is part of the reason I got into it, so it's kinda sad to see that he dropped it so fast. I didn't expect his love of grindy games to be so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom