• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Pat's hype for Witcher 3 is part of the reason I got into it, so it's kinda sad to see that he dropped it so fast. I didn't expect his love of grindy games to be so great.

Him not being able to wait for the game got him into FFIV. But it is well known that all you need to do with drugs is try them. Just because you think you can stop whenever you feel like doesn't mean it will happen.

Numb

Everything Pat does has to be potent and addicting.
I don't know why he is so surprised whenever he can't stop playing something.

Squishy3

Him not being able to wait for the game got him into FFIV. But it is well known that all you need to do with drugs is try them. Just because you think you can stop whenever you feel like doesn't mean it will happen.

I think the process of "No, MMOS can't fill the hole I need The Witcher 3 now"
"Fine, I'll play some MMOs to pass the time before the Witcher"
"Fuck the Witcher, FF14 all day."
is HILARIOUS

Everything Pat does has to be potent and addicting.
I don't know why he is so surprised whenever he can't stop playing something.
It'll die down once we get to the end of the expansion content, I feel.

As it stood when he started playing he had the entire base game to go through, and THEN 6 major patches worth of content to go through after finishing the base game's storyline. I tallied it up when I was at the end of patch 2.2 and I had 64 main scenario quests left, and I still have 35 main scenario quests to go, and I'm about halfway through patch 2.4's scenario. (And you need to finish these to access the expansion.)

I still haven't even done World of Darkness or started the Final Coil of Bahamut yet, either, which aren't required to access the expansion but are still large swathes of content. (World of Darkness is a 24 person raid, Coil is 8 person raids)

It's more likely that Swery will take what he can get.

Wow that sounded so asshole-ish.

Woah Demidar turned full heel since the friender apocalypse...

Pat Stares at Heavensward? Might as well pay for the expansion with views

(I'm serious, I'd watch that)

Why the hell isn't Pat stares at a regular series? Is there no god?

Pats gonna get shat on next podcast for betraying CDProjeckt for an MMO
a FUCKING MMO

I don't think anyone else in the best friends even cares about the witcher. Didn't Liam blow it off for some Vita crap?

Woah Demidar turned full heel since the friender apocalypse...

I don't think anyone else in the best friends even cares about the witcher. Didn't Liam blow it off for some Vita crap?

because i counter prayed to god to not make it a regular series
mwhahahahahaha

I think he's said before that he personally doesn't completely enjoy doing it. Despite everyone telling him that they're fucking great (most notably during the Evil Within playthrough), really interesting, and he has a good solo demeanor, I think he's said that he's nervous about doing things on his own like that for various reasons.

Remember how everyone kept insisting the mods wouldn't notice us?

The mods noticed us.

Senpai noticed and senpai is never supposed to notice.

Ninja baseball Batman LP was hype.

I still can't believe Woolie is still trying to keep Kayfabe(I think I'm using this word right...) that they are playing it on an actual cab while Liam is breaking it super hard.

Hey, and we get a mini Pat Stares at Bloodborne!

... And Pat has a surprising amount of knowledge of Naruto.

Most people watched/read Naruto at one point or another. The shaming comes from how long it takes some people to learn they need to stop.

I think Woolie actually got out early enough not to be too embarrassed, but since he was the last of the four out of the pool he still has to wear that L.

ElTopo

Banned
I liked the Bloodborne playthrough. I thought Pat and Woolie did a good job. I don't get all the bitching but it seems like Souls fans are extra anal retentive when they watch LP's.

Numb

I want a DS1 playthrough with special guest Plague trying to gank Woolie every episode.

Plague will just be sitting there looking at sexy crow demon butts.

They talk about official gear and bring out some random clothing.
Don't they know this is the only official setup?
tumblr_noozjb6Okw1s897f9o1_1280.gif

Plague will just be sitting there looking at sexy crow demon butts.

The key to counter-ganking Plague is to lie in wait near a hollow with a bad case of thong-butt and catch him unawares. The strategy of finding the most provocatively-posed hollow in each zone and routing to it unnoticed is next level.

The key to counter-ganking Plague is to lie in wait near a hollow with a bad case of thong-butt and catch him unawares. The strategy of finding the most provocatively-posed hollow in each zone and routing to it unnoticed is next level.

It's very important when Plague-hunting to remember that Plague is dangerously salty about a great many things, so if you bring lots of water, he can actually be dissolved into it. Conversely, try not to become dehydrated while fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom