• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt and Liam Senpai noticed me on Tumblr today :_)

e5yb1Yg.jpg

O6XcQyW.jpg

The post in question

Man, I wish the crossover that Woolie thought up at the end of the GoT episode was a real thing, because it's so much more entertaining than the latest Telltale "Your choices don't matter" game.

Archgan

He was in Hearthstone for like a week. Hearthstone also has very bad F2P trappings and is kind of borderline P2W, especially if you aren't good at arena.

Technically, all physical card games are P2W so being able to get cards without spending real money makes it one of the least P2W card games. Also, Hearthstone is sort of designed for you to just play a couple of games a day so it wouldn't have really eaten up that much time if Pat had stuck with it.

Technically, all physical card games are P2W so being able to get cards without spending real money makes it one of the least P2W card games. Also, Hearthstone is sort of designed for you to just play a couple of games a day so it wouldn't have really eaten up that much time if Pat had stuck with it.
Yep, same as all CCG/TCGs, or even better than them since you never *have* to put in money.

I prefer MTG just for the insane mechanical depth, I think Liam made the comparisons between Hearthstone and MTG.

oh man oh man
if Jp Kellams hint that their next game will make me cry is what i think it is
our hype boners (and woolies) will transcend time and space

explodet

oh man oh man
if Jp Kellams hint that their next game will make me cry is what i think it is
our hype boners (and woolies) will transcend time and space
I hope there's an announcement/footage of this game in one of the E3 conferences.

AgitatedMenacingHoneybee.gif

Watching these guys get hype for Bayonetta 2 helped me become a fan.

Anyone remember the podcast where Matt talked about the movie It Follows? I just got around to watching it and want to hear his take on it again.

demidar

Well think about it, how else are you going to monetize a F2P card game? All you are is a portrait, what is there to sell? The easiest and most obvious answer is sell card packs (and those expansions are essentially entire card sets that you buy).

Of course, they've started dipping into to pure cosmetic purchases now what with the Magni Bronzebeard animated avatar and special ability, but who knows how much money that will bring in?

Geg

I hope there's an announcement/footage of this game in one of the E3 conferences.

AgitatedMenacingHoneybee.gif

Watching these guys get hype for Bayonetta 2 helped me become a fan.
Same. Bayonetta was already on my radar but their excitement over it wore me down until I had to try it myself. Glad the Wii U port happened since I don't have a 360

Anyone else touch their ps+ games yet?
Skull of the Shogun is kinda hype...

Anyone remember the podcast where Matt talked about the movie It Follows? I just got around to watching it and want to hear his take on it again.

No idea.
I remember he said the second half kinda fails, I kinda agree with that. The 'thing', is less scary when they find out they can interact with it.

You know, I don't think I remember any of the Best Friends ever talk about the Fallout games. Can't wait to hear their reactions on Fallout 4 on the podcast.

Lol, you know you're moving up in the (letsplay) world when your intros get more extravagant @_@

No other LP group has as many quality artists working nearly exclusively for them like the Best Friends. Honestly, nabbing 2snacks and eventually Plague and Cranky was a stroke of genius and/or luck.

Fun fact: Wronchi Animations, the guy who did some early season TBFP animations is currently doing very well for himself making a video series based on the hot MOBA game Dota 2.

No other LP group has as many quality artists working nearly exclusively for them like the Best Friends. Honestly, nabbing 2snacks and eventually Plague and Cranky was a stroke of genius and/or luck.

Zack wrote up a sickass contract for them.

It's the tie.

Next thing you know they'll have LittleVMills doing all of their music remixes @_@

Thread 18: It has a gun, and you aim it, and it's SICK!

Darkside Chronicles > RE2 confirm

Being able to aim the gun beats anything =3

MrHoot

Unrelated, Slowbeef put the last part of his Lisa the Painful RPG LP/Stream on youtube

Man...that was a ride. Painful is an appropriate word for that rpg (in a "good" way), especially considering Slowbeef's point of view

Still wonder if the best friends are ever gonna tackle this game, considering they cameo in it

Erm Liam, you CANT play Splatoon multiplayer with the pro controller, unless you're talking about local. It's still fine though Pat can just use dual analog controls like me.

Pat may have gotten me a little salty this podcast. Front Mission 1 and 4 are great(as i believe I've mentioned before, I like them better the FM3 even). At worst FM1 suffers from being so damn old, but even then its not a bad game by any means. But then I guess this goes back to a lot of people who didn't get into FM with 3 pretty much consider it the low point.

Also, anyone who spent 6+ hours trying to get a party in FFXI is either an idiot(if nothing else, you can make a party) or died while waiting for an invite less then 1 hour in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom