• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
I hope this Jurrasic Week includes the Telltale Jurrasic Park game. There were so many times I saw that game on the shelves of GameStop calling out for me to play.

If it's as bad as I'm being told, Matt has just saved me 20 dollars.

Christ, I forgot they even made one. I heard it was proper shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16lEsvPs2iE
it begins
videos of all their fuck ups

Does this, like, get at all interesting at any point? I mean, at some point do they start doing tight edits to actual fuck-ups, because most of the "mistakes" in the first seven minutes were amazingly trivial.

I mean, I'd almost rather a "Top 10 Bloodborne Fuck-Ups" format. At least there would be some priority to it rather than just "put in every time Woolie turned the camera the wrong way".

They're seriously calling it Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice? I eagerly await Sonic Boom: Sword Storm and Sonic Boom: Dragon Dancing.

*hums Game of Thrones theme*

Amy as Daenerys Targaryen

tumblr_nnyh92OS1F1sfsn91o1_540.png

Edzi

So, how many of you guys are playing Splatoon? I was initially planning on waiting a while before I bought it, but I was weak and just impulse bought it from Amazon... Not too sure what to expect since I never got a chance to demo it, but everyone on the podcast seemed pretty hype about it so I am excite.

So, how many of you guys are playing Splatoon? I was initially planning on waiting a while before I bought it, but I was weak and just impulse bought it from Amazon... Not too sure what to expect since I never got a chance to demo it, but everyone on the podcast seemed pretty hype about it so I am excite.

Expect a good time, and a pretty healthy online population still. This thing is here to stay freeesh.

Best part is that you don't even have to try killing the opponent's team to do well and contribute to a win.

Fresh squid is best squid. Though, I'm an old man, so multiplayer FPS is no longer in my wheelhouse. MOBA is about the most reflex-intensive I want to go anymore.

Geg

I'm playing it and falling behind on watching the best friends because of it

I've only seen one episode of Jurassic Week so far

Is it weird of me that I will watch the conferences, actually go to E3 and then come back and watch them watching the conferences? Matt said on twitter he was bummed they couldn't make it this year.

Also

7d4b24377f.png

Think Kamiya's just fucking around with this?
Assume he always is, until proven otherwise.

JP has also been acting a bit coy regarding what Platinum is bringing to E3, so I assume everyone there that has a twitter is just leaving red herrings for shits and giggles.

Also

7d4b24377f.png

Think Kamiya's just fucking around with this?

I would be amazed if he wasn't. Pretty sure Wonderful 101 made about as much money as hooking the output of a mint up to an incinerator.

Then again, it is Platinum. They have never allowed financial reason to guide their choices, especially when they're playing with house money. If Nintendo's willing to go in again, they'd probably bite. (I just can't imagine why Nintendo would do that.)

There's a thread about how Nintendo's Canadian GM stated that Canada has more rabid Nintendo fans per capita than the US. I was about to congratulate Matt on his successful campaign to support the Wii-U, until he mentioned that the game they consistently see better numbers for is Mario Party.

Look at what you've done, Matt. Look at what you've done.

I should probably buy Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 2 at some point... I did buy a Wii U after all.

Also PS+ stuff... God replaying Ground Zeroes on ps4 has me hyped for Phantom Pain... but god those cutscenes are ruined... can't believe they didn't fix that.

Skrams

I really should go to a PAX they're going to sometime. Then I could hit up a Giantbomb panel and a SBF panel. I also finally feel cool for having the same Beowulf shirt Woolie was wearing in that promo video. That shit also feels pretty good on the skin.

I need to get back to it, but I got it at launch. Need to go back since I haven't played for a week or so for no reason.
Is it weird of me that I will watch the conferences, actually go to E3 and then come back and watch them watching the conferences? Matt said on twitter he was bummed they couldn't make it this year.
Everyone does that already minus the going part.
Watching the first Jurassic week episode, "Community became very shit very quick" - Pat

Pat are you high
I was pretty bored during that first episode so I must of blocked it out. What the fuck? It's been a while so I guess I don't remember if Season 1 was shitty or not, but Pat has no idea what he's talking about. I guess that's the usual when he watches a few episodes of thing and then assumes the next 5 seasons are the same thing.

demidar

There's a thread about how Nintendo's Canadian GM stated that Canada has more rabid Nintendo fans per capita than the US. I was about to congratulate Matt on his successful campaign to support the Wii-U, until he mentioned that the game they consistently see better numbers for is Mario Party.

Look at what you've done, Matt. Look at what you've done.

It's like a wish perverted.

Actually thinking about W102, it would be absolutely amazing if you played
as the group that rose to power in Gerginga's timeline. Think about it, your missions would be taking over hostile planets with subtle, gradual changes that you didn't realize you were actually becoming the oppressive force Gerginga spoke of.
I doubt that would happen, but it would be real cool to see.

Skrams

Actually thinking about W102, it would be absolutely amazing if you played
as the group that rose to power in Gerginga's timeline. Think about it, your missions would be taking over hostile planets with subtle, gradual changes that you didn't realize you were actually becoming the oppressive force Gerginga spoke of.
I doubt that would happen, but it would be real cool to see.

My dream at the end of W101 was
that you had only played the first half of the game like Gurren Lagann. Then cut to years and years down the line where you need to fight the future to prevent it from happening.

Also we're not going to get W102. But oh man if we fucking did though. I can only imagine the splooshing in the Let's Watch if it happened.

Skrams

Machinima is no longer sponsoring them?

I wanna watch more of their E3 stuff.

What? No. They're still under machinima. Either Machinima just isn't paying their trip to E3 or they just couldn't make it this year. They mention machinima helping them get out to cons quite a bit.

Pat's reactions to the big reveal of the origin of the monsters and the raincoat killer was great. That twist was amazing.

Still think their Deadly Premonition LP is still their best by far, just the right amounts of stupid shit and genuine reactions. Can't wait for D4 Season 2 and the amount of dumb shenanigans Swery's gonna put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom