• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat is indeed not fresh at all.

Pat may have gotten me a little salty this podcast. Front Mission 1 and 4 are great(as i believe I've mentioned before, I like them better the FM3 even). At worst FM1 suffers from being so damn old, but even then its not a bad game by any means. But then I guess this goes back to a lot of people who didn't get into FM with 3 pretty much consider it the low point.
I'm curious where does FM5 fit as far as ranking goes? I've heard very good things about it and am considering checking it out, especially since there's a translation patch for it already.

Pat is indeed not fresh at all.

I'm curious where does FM5 fit as far as ranking goes? I've heard very good things about it and am considering checking it out, especially since there's a translation patch for it already.

It is very much the best game in the series(beat the translation myself a few years ago). And as Pat mention it involves all the other core FM games, but 3 is the least involved IIRC(which makes sense given 3's story) while it borrows heavily from FM4(both in story(one of the main characters is even recruitable) and gameplay... which means no ejecting enemy units and stealing their machines sadly).

MrHoot

Also for people interested, the season finale of VGCW is playing now http://www.twitch.tv/bazza87

Zubaz (aka Zanzibar, Zimzam, Whobaz, Whowhat, Zorro, Zigzag etc) will be fighting alongside toad and layton to defend his honour and place alongside the other wrestlers and hopefully stop getting picked on.

It'd be fnny one day to have the best friends react to such event (too bad it was a bit too late for star road 2, the reaction would've been immense)

Woolie talking about appropriate use of slowdown in 3D games being possible near the end of today's Freedom Planet vid, and I immediately thought about the staircase battle in Ninja Gaiden II. That shit had no right to be as amazing as it was given the genre that game is in, but it pulled it off (either by accident or intentionally)

Fucking hell, Freedom Planet continues to impress. Though admittedly I'm finding Woolie's hype orgasms more overwhelming than the game itself. Too much hype to handle.

Woolie talking about appropriate use of slowdown in 3D games being possible near the end of today's Freedom Planet vid, and I immediately thought about the staircase battle in Ninja Gaiden II. That shit had no right to be as amazing as it was given the genre that game is in, but it pulled it off (either by accident or intentionally)

Fucking hell, Freedom Planet continues to impress. Though admittedly I'm finding Woolie's hype orgasms more overwhelming than the game itself. Too much hype to handle.
Revengeance's slowdown on consoles when you Zandatsu into insane numbers of peicies was pretty rad.

Freedom Planet LP is turning me around on my first impressions to where I think I will pick it up. Woolie's orgasms are pretty intense.
------

I dunno if we've talked about this but a huger portion of the old Machinima content being gone now sucks. I wanted to marathon the XBLA indie games stuff

I dunno if we've talked about this but a huger portion of the old Machinima content being gone now sucks. I wanted to marathon the XBLA indie games stuff

1) News to me. Damnit that sucks.
2) I'm sure they have old archives of their own videos, which they could upload to their site. Alternatively, I'm sure someone's saved the episodes over the years.

Archgan

Revengeance's slowdown on consoles when you Zandatsu into insane numbers of peicies was pretty rad.

Freedom Planet LP is turning me around on my first impressions to where I think I will pick it up. Woolie's orgasms are pretty intense.
------

Indie games 2 seems to be the only one missing, and I found this version if you want it.

In DMC4, when you did this shinryuken with Gilgamesh, the framerate just shits itself (At least on PS3) and it looks amazing. Or it might be intentional, I don't know it's hype as hell.

Anung

Un Rama
Finally watched the Bloodborne finally and it was some seriously outstanding stuff. I was getting really into it when they took on the final bosses. Regardless of how rough its been it turned into a something really special.

Latest podcast was great as per usual. Loads of laughs and interesting topics covered.

Jurassic Week has been great. Can't wait to get to newer games as there are some decent ones.

Still to watch the panel D:

so um
im backing down about what i said about FF14
by god this is a good ass MMO and ive played ALOT of MMOs
im man enough to admit i was wrong
also i wont have to worry about my tendency to make 590384574239573489 alts

I have fond memories of the Genesis version of Jurassic Park, mostly because every game should give you the option to play as a raptor. Especially Cooking Mama.

Alfebit

Banned
Oh man, the idea of someone inventing the radio and turning it on for the first time just to hear Chewie and Fuckface already airing kills me.

Jurassic Week Part #2 - Jurassic Park (Genesis)

Youtube
Website

I will be extremely disappointed if they don't play the Lost World PS1 game.

It's pretty much the Dino platforming except 10x better.

YO YOU GET TO PLAY AS THE MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!!

357911-the-lost-world-jurassic-park-playstation-screenshot-chewing.png

Oh I remember that... The password system was archaic as fuck, but it was really great. I do hope they play that one too.

While watching the latest freedom planet lp, something hit me once they got to the shmup level... This game is totally Astro Boy Omega Factor. Well, a combination of ABOF and sonic, plus gunstar heroes and Astro boy is also a Treasure game, but they never brought it up once and it is one of my favorite Treasure games and quite frankly possibly the BEST gba game ever(its up there, for sure).

God that was such a sick game. I beat it 5 times(3 of the times being after i had actually bought the game...) and it has so much good shit. Now i want an LP(with laim at the controls of course).

Anung

Un Rama

I love that game when I was a kid. Hard as fuck though. I'd be happy with this week if they play that and Warpath: Jurassic Park. Sick raptor combos!

Paulee

How did Liam do the make contact thing without any massages or internet help ?
hard to believe maybe he meant something else

MrHoot

We're getting a Let's watch for the e3 conference, right ? Right ?

I want TLG to happen to see if any of their reaction would match mine if it did

Is E3 even a thing anymore? Everything already being announced either means we'll get nothing new at E3 or they're saving up all the good shit.

Please give me Metroid. I swear to god if that Diddy Kong thing is by Retro imma break something.

Skrams

In DMC4, when you did this shinryuken with Gilgamesh, the framerate just shits itself (At least on PS3) and it looks amazing. Or it might be intentional, I don't know it's hype as hell.
That's hit stop. I don't think it's exactly the same kind of deal as slow down, but it produces the same effect. When I think slow down I think a bunch of shits happening on screen. The best example I can think of at the moment is for a game like EDF where firing some later game weapons causes intense framerate drops and nonsense.
I agree with Matt on the whole confusion level of the Yatagarasu thing: "Eaauuaghhwwaah."
I'm still confused. They made it sound like there was an indiegogo and a kickstarter, but I only remembered an indiegogo. Can only find an indiegogo too for AoC. I think the base thing is AoC is coming out in july and Nicalis is still chugging away at Legend of the Raven. Fuck if I know the differences between the two versions though.
I believe on the podcast they're doing Let's Watches for Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and that new PC thing.

Still weird that they're doing a 3 hour PC Gamer thing, but not Bethesda or Squeenix at least too. I wouldn't fault them for not doing ubisoft or EA since nothing typically happens at their conferences that would interest them I think. I'd just think Bethesda and Squeenix have a good chance to shock or show cool shit, so I would of hoped they did them too.

Is E3 even a thing anymore? Everything already being announced either means we'll get nothing new at E3 or they're saving up all the good shit.

Please give me Metroid. I swear to god if that Diddy Kong thing is by Retro imma break something.
E3 is always a thing. Leaks aren't uncommon this time of year.

E the Shaggy

I listened to the podcast earlier today and had to go read the Polygon Rock Band 4 article. It HAS to be a work, there's just no way it can be real:

I don't care about rock music. I dislike crowds and I dislike loud noises. I don't do public performances, excepting "Toastmasters" which I enjoy from time-to-time, along with half a dozen accountants, schoolteachers and self-improvement nutters

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/1/8687867/rock-band-4-preview

I hope this Jurrasic Week includes the Telltale Jurrasic Park game. There were so many times I saw that game on the shelves of GameStop calling out for me to play.

If it's as bad as I'm being told, Matt has just saved me 20 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom