• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
During LP's it's mostly fine because when Pat is yelling there's either subtitles or nobody cares about the story, also he's pretty funny when he's drunk. During these conferences it seemed like (especially Liam during Sony and Matt during Nintendo) the other people got pretty annoyed by him constantly yelling, and I can't say I blame them.

I'm just not sure why he was drinking to begin with. E3 conferences aren't really a "get drunk" kind of event. I guess you can run on the Baseball Theory of "no one actually wants to be here, so lets all get sloshed and pretend", but otherwise I'm not seeing a point unless he was trying to work up the courage to make a pass at James.

I would have been totally on board with them being drunk during EA and Ubi watches(if they had done those) as those were dumb as fuck but the big 3 conferences are pretty major so yeah.

Anyway, what's your Game of the Show Frienders?

I would have been totally on board with them being drunk during EA and Ubi watches(if they had done those) as those were dumb as fuck but the big 3 conferences are pretty major so yeah.

Super Mario Maker/NieR 2.

Fuck it, I can't decide between one or the other. Those Mario levels during the NWC were hype as hell and the overall package seems to be meeting and exceeding expectations from last year. But fucking NieR, though...I feel Liam so much right now.

Skrams

Quick Gif made of the vibration. I'll link it instead of embedding for the people who have still yet to watch the video.

I wasn't sure where to cut exactly or whether to include Liam's little fist pump before it started since the thing is already long as is though.

As far as Game of the Show, for pure reveals, Nier 2. I didn't even entertain the thought of that game ever existing. The big three megatons existed on a list somewhere in my head as unattainable things. Nier just wasn't something I ever saw being mentioned again. Also a lot more sold on Super Mario Maker than I was before. I'll need to also see what people are saying about other games on the floor and if any demos or other peoples impressions would change my mind. The big three still feel too rickety for me to want to hop on board as a game of the show.

Horizon. It was the most impressive new thing shown.

Overall, best game was Uncharted 4.

MrHoot

Fuck there's so many...

The obvious one for me would be Last Guardian but i'm biased because i've waited for it SO long and it's not for everyone I can understand.

Honestly, Horizon looks really really good. A new surprising IP that ticks a lot of things I love.

Nier 2, FF7 and Shenmue 3 are all huge contenders but I won't pronounce too much before seeing actual gameplay or details.

Honorouable mentions: For Honor by Ubisoft looks like a fun realistic almost musou-like multiplayer game. EA had Unravel which was the only thing with a soul and charm coming out of EA. Starfox from ninty of course. And Cuphead shown at Microsoft

My "announcement of the show" is obviously FF7:R, but considering the state of development right now it's not really fair to call it a "game" yet, much less the "game of the show". The same with Nier 2.

I'm actually going to go off the beaten path on this one: XCOM2. As far as games in a solid, ready-to-play state goes it's down to this and Bethesda's line-up for me. I'm sure some of the games shown will ultimately turn out better when they're done baking, but in terms of fully-realized games this is the one I'm most immediately excited for.

MrHoot

I'd have to give props to Bethesda's whole conference presentation. It was just the right amount of time with little downtime, and some really interesting in depth gameplay shown. For their first conference, I have to say they did really well, better than most

I'm actually going to go off the beaten path on this one: XCOM2. As far as games in a solid, ready-to-play state goes it's down to this and Bethesda's line-up for me. I'm sure some of the games shown will ultimately turn out better when they're done baking, but in terms of fully-realized games this is the one I'm most immediately excited for.
Same here for XCOM2, but Deus Ex Mankind Divided fills the second spot for me, since I don't care about Bethesda's stable of IPs.

I hope DXMD has Jensen's cover Safety Dance moves.

More art from L
tumblr_nq2rtgKyKP1s897f9o1_1280.png
tumblr_nq2rtgKyKP1s897f9o2_1280.png

tumblr_nq2rtgKyKP1s897f9o3_1280.png
tumblr_nq2rtgKyKP1s897f9o4_1280.png

Boy, braving the site player for those E3 videos almost isn't worth it. And they didn't even get Liams Nier 2 reaction! And I don't know if the quality dropping to 166p at random points is from the player or Pat's Canadian internet.

EDIT v Yeah, maybe I should have watched more than 20 minutes before speaking out like an asshole :(

Numb

Is this the LP no one asked for but everyone wanted or everybody wanted but no one was shameless enough to ask for?

And here I thought they'd never play ride to hell. Other than those two one-offs from a while back. I don't think they'll have much fun in this.

Edzi

I have noticed they do seem to drink a lot more during LP's recently. I think its good as a one off but its not the kind of thing I watch this channel for.

I was actually about to post the same thing. I really hope this stops becoming as frequent as it's become lately (in both LPs and podcasts), since I can't say I like it at all.

I was actually about to post the same thing. I really hope this stops becoming as frequent as it's become lately (in both LPs and podcasts), since I can't say I like it at all.

I think it's partially because of Mystery Box. I think the format for the most recent Mystery Box games should become standard, though: whoever chooses the game has to play the piece of shit they chose. That should cut down on the necessity for the other party to show up drunk. (And also slow down the "race to the bottom" of Matt and Liam competing to find the worst fucking game imaginable to put on the show.)

Don't think anyone posted it, but the PC Let's Watch went up: superbestfriendsplay.com/video/best-friends-watch-pc-e3-2015.

Don't suppose you can make a version that focuses entirely on the reaction cam? It would be good as a reaction gif.

Gfycat tells me it needs to be 15 seconds max, so I don't know how skrams got his on, but here is a gif or superior webm EDIT: webm is broken ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh man that mystery box was too much for me. did anybody know that there was a Reign of Fire video game, because I sure as hell didn't.

Also hi, I'm new.

Welcome to the thread.
Had no idea about the game but that video cleared up a lot for me. When I was a dumb kid I got very confused by that movie because I assumed that dragons were in it that it must have been set in the middle ages, so it made no sense why the guys had guns.

Also,

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The SBF short play of Ride To Hell actually made me look up another LP of the game just so I could see how bad it was.

I'm looking forward to this.

lol, have you guys seen this?

g]http://i.imgur.com/RjnP2ks.jpg[/img]

The gang back together again! They should go for a night on the town.

Skrams

I really hope Ride to Hell keeps it up. It seems like it'll just repeat its gameplay sequence of drive>combat/shooting>clothed sex>bad cutscenes and repeat with little there to make it super worth being a full LP. Hopefully it's stupid and varied enough somehow.

Don't suppose you can make a version that focuses entirely on the reaction cam? It would be good as a reaction gif.
I cut out just Liam and Pat since I didn't particularly care for the other's non motion for this kind of reaction gif. I can leave them in if people want it and I can also cut it to where it's just the vibration and doesn't include the clapping. People smarter than me could also slap in "It's actually happening!" when Pat says it because it'shappening.gif and all that.
Gfycat tells me it needs to be 15 seconds max, so I don't know how skrams got his on, but here is a gif or superior webm EDIT: webm is broken ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I did a rough count and it does seems longer than 15 seconds, but dunno. I assume I'm breaking the system somehow since I'm recording at 33fps with gifcam.

The gang back together again! They should go for a night on the town.

GuardianE, halp. I bought DMC4:SE on US PSN and want to stick to my guns so Capcom doesn't have any excuse for saying I didn't cast my wallet-vote. I need you to be my hands for the next four days. I need you to tell me Vergil is alright.

I guess I'll probably be okay because of the Steam sale, but this was the first time I woke up early to play a game when (I thought) it was unlocking, so now I'm all keyed up for a crazy party, but there's no booze and only one girl.

convo

Pat getting freaked out over extremely mundane thinks was funny at first, but it seems he believes the universe is playing tricks on him by confusing him with thinks he doesn't understand especially puzzle games. I wonder if he would just melt if someone just gave him a 16 by 16 rubix cube or a 3 by 3 Sudoku.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GuardianE, halp. I bought DMC4:SE on US PSN and want to stick to my guns so Capcom doesn't have any excuse for saying I didn't cast my wallet-vote. I need you to be my hands for the next four days. I need you to tell me Vergil is alright.

I guess I'll probably be okay because of the Steam sale, but this was the first time I woke up early to play a game when (I thought) it was unlocking, so now I'm all keyed up for a crazy party, but there's no booze and only one girl.

Man, it's all because of that damn thread title that was never updated with the US and EU release date. Hold firm! Rest assured that Vergil is definitely looking alright.

giphy.gif

Man, it's all because of that damn thread title that was never updated with the US and EU release date. Hold firm! Rest assured that Vergil is definitely looking alright.

giphy.gif

Man, it's going to be a long four days. I didn't even realize how much I've missed DMC. I knew I wanted another one, obviously, but it's not until this one started creeping up that I got the straight withdrawal shakes and started trying to Million Stab things with my umbrella.

Pat, post if you're okay. I know you've got that FFXIV methadone to see you through, but make sure you check on Woolie to see if he's lost consciousness drooling on a pile of DMC action figures.

convo

The SBF short play of Ride To Hell actually made me look up another LP of the game just so I could see how bad it was.

I'm looking forward to this.

Convince me to not back down from this LP, this just seems like a bad time and a huge mistake on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom