• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

YO HOW ABOUT THAT JOJO FINALE.

Also I'm kinda surprised Pat and Matt like Shattered Memories so much. I thought it was another entry in the "trash series" of Silent Hill games.

Most people accept it as a good spin off and not much of a "real" Silent Hill game. Hell, one of their first videos was a mini best friends play Shattered Memories.

ArjanN

Friday Night Fisticuffs - Garouden Breakblow: Fist or Twist

Youtube

Site

Ofcourse Woolie already knows how to use one of the most bad ass final boss type character.

Did they really not recognize Hanma Yujiro?
He's Hanma Baki's (from Grappler Baki) father. Considering how often they bring that up I figure they would recognize him.

Yujiro in this game is so broken you can attack with him during the 'get ready' bit where the other player can't do anything yet.
He's in there because the Garouden manga is by the same author as Grappler Baki.

Also, they should really, really read Garouden. It's basically Hajime no Ippo except way more brutal. Or a more down to earth version of Grappler Baki. It takes a couple of volumes to get going though but once it does it's probably my favorite, most hype fighting manga.

Also, funny they bring up Mas Oyama because one of the characters (they didn't use) is clearly just Mas Oyama. To be fair pretty much every fighting manga has a character that's a version of Mas Oyama.

Oh, and that Karate Master 2 Knock Down Blow game was clearly tracing over inspired by the Garouden characters.

Numb

He's Hanma Baki's (from Grappler Baki) father. Considering how often they bring that up I figure they would recognize him.

Yujiro in this game is so broken you can attack with him during the 'get ready' bit where the other player can't do anything yet.
He's in there because the Garouden manga is by the same author as Grappler Baki.

Also, they should really, really read Garouden. It's basically Hajime no Ippo except way more brutal. Or a more down to earth version of Grappler Baki. It takes a couple of volumes to get going though but once it does it's probably my favorite, most hype fighting manga.

Also, funny they bring up Mas Oyama because one of the characters (they didn't use) is clearly just Mas Oyama. To be fair pretty much every fighting manga has a character that's a version of Mas Oyama.

They would have recognized him easier if it said Baki instead of Garouden. I like the manga but not nearly as much as the Baki series(Baki son of ogre) where Yujiro is featured alot too. I doubt they even have the time to spend on it even if they were interested tho. Yujiro may be broken in the game but that is an accurate representation lol.

Agent York

Neo Member
That Garouden game was surprisingly hype. I was gonna make a joke about how Pat's first thought about Japanese Gravestones went to murder, but then Woolie said what his own thoughts on them were...

Archgan

IndonesianBob did a funny piece of artwork recently.
tumblr_inline_nq7oytfgJI1tplz7v_1280.png

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Oh, and that Karate Master 2 Knock Down Blow game was clearly tracing over inspired by the Garouden characters.

They also didn't recognize that Rikiozan is VERY clearly just Rikidozan, father of pro wrestling in Japan (not that I'd expect them to recognize him, but it woulda been cool).

I was at campus when I saw the news, imagine how fucking hard it was for me to not let people see me freaking the fuck out. Had to find a corner where no one was just to let my emotions flow out.

Haven't gotten that emotional in a while. Didn't think we'd ever see another Drakengard/Nier game again, but SE comes through.

ArjanN

They would have recognized him easier if it said Baki instead of Garouden. I like the manga but not nearly as much as the Baki series(Baki son of ogre) where Yujiro is featured alot too. I doubt they even have the time to spend on it even if they were interested tho. Yujiro may be broken in the game but that is an accurate representation lol.

I think Baki is great too, but I felt that after the Chinese tournament it kinda went off the rails, because of the typical power level inflation thing where characters have to keep topping themselves every arc by doing even more ridiculous stuff.

Garouden is also over the top, but only about at the level of something like Hajime no Ippo,. Probably because there's a much larger cast, so they don't have go back and keep buffing the same characters over and over.

wah?? 0_0

M1JqpGq.png

Kamiya twitter, so probably nothing, then again they are working with practically everyone now. :p

Bayonetta X DMC please.

Probably nothing... But imagine if it's the RE2 remake lol.

I can imagine shit going so bad that Japanese companies are now choosing to Remake games that were needed.

Capcpom doing a REmake 2 would not surprise me at all. If FF7R can exist, so can every other game that deserves a Remake.

Eventually Chrono Trigger will be remade in 3D and we can finally see Chrono Resurrection get its due.

I can imagine shit going so bad that Japanese companies are now choosing to Remake games that were needed.

Capcpom doing a REmake 2 would not surprise me at all. If FF7R can exist, so can every other game that deserves a Remake.

Eventually Chrono Trigger will be remade in 3D and we can finally see Chrono Resurrection get its due.

A Chrono Trigger remake is honestly the only game I actually want to see remade.

Numb

I think Baki is great too, but I felt that after the Chinese tournament it kinda went off the rails, because of the typical power level inflation thing where characters have to keep topping themselves every arc by doing even more ridiculous stuff.
You are so right about that. By the start of this new manga(Baki Dou) Baki and everyone else have fought each other so much and proven who the best is.
Even ended the previous manga with one of the most epic fights in all of manga
Baki vs his dad Yujiro Hanma
so there was nowhere to go except to do the craziest most impossible things.
Boredom became an actual thing for the cast where they yawned in the new manga until they did something even crazier than usual to cure it
recreate Miyamoto Musashi from his DNA
But the crazy is also a big part of why i love it.

Super Best Friends Play Splatoon!

Site Link

Youtube Link

Nice.
Almost thought they forgot to upload this.

Skrams

The glaring weakness to the roller being something that is super situational and isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things when I can just shoot them. Alright then, Liam.

It's the inability to roll over people on curved surfaces, plastic, glass, and grates.

So instead of getting any of the games that were featured on sale on the front page of Steam, I looked at my wishlist and saw Killer is Dead was 10 bucks. Then I remembered about the LP Matt and Pat did and how I never actually got around to playing it myself.

Well, after finishing my rewatch of RE4, guess I got another LP to go back to while I play this.

The glaring weakness to the roller being something that is super situational and isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things when I can just shoot them. Alright then, Liam.

It's the inability to roll over people on curved surfaces, plastic, glass, and grates.

Liam "mains" the roller. When he says, "It's not broken, it has a glaring weakness" what he means is, "I think it's broken, that's why I use it to the exclusion of other weapons, but please don't nerf it."

I wonder if they would consider a Shenmue LP.
Having played through the first game myself, it's not very Video LP friendly, at least for the style of playthroughs that they do. The pace is just too slow for it to be interesting in 30 minute chunks, ESPECIALLY with all the dumb side shit you can get involved in.

Fucking capsule toys, man. Spent all my money at the start of the game on those fucking things. Well, that and played Space Harrier. A lot of it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You know Woolie, that Gunslinger Stratos anime wasn't completely bland. Wish it had more timecrimes though.

Also, Jojo Spoiler cast next podcast?!

joe2187

Banned
Having played through the first game myself, it's not very Video LP friendly, at least for the style of playthroughs that they do. The pace is just too slow for it to be interesting in 30 minute chunks, ESPECIALLY with all the dumb side shit you can get involved in.

Fucking capsule toys, man. Spent all my money at the start of the game on those fucking things. Well, that and played Space Harrier. A lot of it.

The Yakuza LP was one of my favorite LPs. It can be done!

Matt was spitballing the idea of LPing Shenmue 2.

Go bug him on Twitter for it.

I plan to do so every week. I think 2 is a lot better than 1 as far as a LP goes.

Finally winding down after E3 and I'm just going to skip everything I've missed (I'll go back to where I was) and just watch all the conferences tonight. They're all just on the website right?

Speaking of E3, I have my own video and it comes with some surprises.

I plan to do so every week. I think 2 is a lot better than 1 as far as a LP goes.

Speaking of E3, I have my own http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDKbZV8frtI and it comes with some surprises.

I've never had the chance to play the shenmue series, but what I do know of it makes it sound yakuza-ish with a story of revenge sidelined for toy capsules and forklift racing? If so, that's something I would watch.

You've got your URL link back the front, oh you beat me to it by like 12 minutes because I type like kotaku

I've never had the chance to play the shenmue series, but what I do know of it makes it sound yakuza-ish with a story of revenge sidelined for toy capsules and forklift racing? If so, that's something I would watch.

You've got your URL link back the front, oh you beat me to it by like 12 minutes because I type like kotaku
Ehh I've never played Yakuza really but from watching the LP of 4, I don't think there's much to the comparison. Might as well say it's the same as GTA or Saints Row. I think Shenmue is fundamentally different than Yakuza.

And MAN is the Xbox Let's watch a tough watch because of the lagging. Does it happen throughout the whole thing and the other two presentations?

Ehh I've never played Yakuza really but from watching the LP of 4, I don't think there's much to the comparison. Might as well say it's the same as GTA or Saints Row. I think Shenmue is fundamentally different than Yakuza.
Basically. The pacing is considerable slower and the plot does not get to the same levels of bat shit insane soap opera like Yakuza's plotline, but it ends up having a greater attention to detail as a result. And a deeper fighting system, because it's Yu Suzuki and Virtua Fighter is the shit.

I should really get a copy of Shenmue II since I hear it expands things quite a bit, but that would require me to either get an OG Xbox, or break the region locking on my Dreamcast and import the European version of the game. And if I was especially crazy I'd try hacking my VMU save file to convert it to an EU save so I can get those save transfer bonuses.

And MAN is the Xbox Let's watch a tough watch because of the lagging. Does it happen throughout the whole thing and the other two presentations?

Ah okay, never did much gaming back in them days so I've missed a bunch of franchises, hopefully shenmue 3 has a good recap on the previous 2 parts.

Yeah you're in for a bit of a rough time for the confrences. Xbox was the worst lagging if I recall but don't expect to see much in the sony one, the resolution drops badly. I think the only good one was PC because nobody watched it

Basically. The pacing is considerable slower and the plot does not get to the same levels of bat shit insane soap opera like Yakuza's plotline, but it ends up having a greater attention to detail as a result. And a deeper fighting system, because it's Yu Suzuki and Virtua Fighter is the shit.

I should really get a copy of Shenmue II since I hear it expands things quite a bit, but that would require me to either get an OG Xbox, or break the region locking on my Dreamcast and import the European version of the game. And if I was especially crazy I'd try hacking my VMU save file to convert it to an EU save so I can get those save transfer bonuses.
Well you can play it on a Xbox 360 if you have one. It starts you off with everything that you could collect from the first one. Ugh, the more I talk about it, the more I want them to play it. I think I'd prefer a Matt/Pat or Matt/Liam combo for it.

Ah okay, never did much gaming back in them days so I've missed a bunch of franchises, hopefully shenmue 3 has a good recap on the previous 2 parts.

Yeah you're in for a bit of a rough time for the confrences. Xbox was the worst lagging if I recall but don't expect to see much in the sony one, the resolution drops badly. I think the only good one was PC because nobody watched it

Resolution I can deal with but the constant lagging in this Xbox one is pretty bad. Were they at Matt's place? Seemed fine last year for the Nintendo one with only a slight pause that worked because clay Reggie paused so it was perfect timing for a hiccup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom