• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit Liam, finish the editing. I just might wait til I get back home to watch them all though. Since I'm here at E3, is there anything you would like me to look at?

Squishy3

I like how adsense gives us TESO ads instead of Heavensward ads. (probably has more to do with Square not running ads for it, though)

Alas, I am swamped with work that I was too lazy to get out of the way prior to E3 week so I can't see these Let's Watches right away.

I can only expect great things once I do.

I was worried Liam's reactions this year were all going to be on-the-ball and uncharacteristically reasonable, but then he marked out for that
garbage-looking Metroid spin-off
to save the day. He's not too old yet, he's still got a year or two of being a rising superstar left!

Skrams

James doesn't seem to add a ton to the parts of podcast, MS conference, or Sony conference I've listened to. He treads the eye rolling line at times. Pat even felt crazy for agreeing with him at one point over Sinatra.

That FF7 reaction was pretty great.
Ever so naturally their hands found each other.

Also god damn guys. Just record let's watches of all conferences already. Missing out on Liam's Nier reaction pains me. We also need to record at literally anyone elses place because Matt's internet seems to be super shit.

Zomba13

Watching their conference videos is painful. Such terrible stream quality, constant buffering.

Is it their internet that is terrible or the streams they use? I just went back to using Gamespot after trying youtube (didn't work) and Twitch(worked but terrible quality even at source). Can they not use gamespots for some reason? You can even go back and pause the video during the conference streams. It's great.

Pat and Liam are too well-informed for proper hype, Matt's super salty Nintendo had nothing to show, and Woolie can't read so like 90% of what's going on in the trailers is completely lost on him.

Skrams

Also man, James Small being around causes accents to be used 200% more. This really needs to stop already. Bad accents are getting pushed way too much.

I guess the amazingly hype Gametrailers reactions to Sony spoiled me., haha, this was pretty sedate in comparsion.
I think anything would be sedate after Bosman and Hubers long running bets over Shenmue and TLG leading to this.
Watching their conference videos is painful. Such terrible stream quality, constant buffering.

Is it their internet that is terrible or the streams they use? I just went back to using Gamespot after trying youtube (didn't work) and Twitch(worked but terrible quality even at source). Can they not use gamespots for some reason? You can even go back and pause the video during the conference streams. It's great.

I blame Matt. It's fucking painful when they had to refresh during the Uncharted bit and they come back to it just being 30 pixels on screen that vaguely look like Uncharted.

Pat and Liam are too well-informed for proper hype, Matt's super salty Nintendo had nothing to show, and Woolie can't read so like 90% of what's going on in the trailers is completely lost on him.

Liam standing his ground and calling his shit definitely made Shenmue's reveal lessened. He did this before with some other conference, but I'm having trouble remembering what the game was.

The Gametrailers crew's reaction is still the best, they have even made it to Japanese websites.

Disappointingly, the Super Best Friends' reaction are a bit flaccid.

And please, no more James Small (I didn't know he was a real person, I thought he was just a Sonic) It's almost like their very own Joel McHale.

grimmiq

Liam standing his ground and calling his shit definitely made Shenmue's reveal lessened. He did this before with some other conference, but I'm having trouble remembering what the game was.

Yakuza 5 at PS experience? Like 2min before it's announced he casually says "This is where they announce Yakuza."

Skrams

Yakuza 5 at PS experience? Like 2min before it's announced he casually says "This is where they announce Yakuza."

Maybe? I'm having trouble finding anything I wrote about it around those let's watches, but that seems like a possibility. I remember him being very adamant about something and his confidence helped the others believe in him which actually resulted in not much of a reaction to a big announcement.

grimmiq

Maybe? I'm having trouble finding anything I wrote about it around those let's watches, but that seems like a possibility. I remember him being very adamant about something and his confidence helped the others believe in him which actually resulted in not much of a reaction to a big announcement.

Pat still screamed like a little girl while Liam said something like "There it is, completely unshocking." with Woolie and Matt sitting there watching Pat freak out.

The Gametrailers crew's reaction is still the best, they have even made it to Japanese websites.

Disappointingly, the Super Best Friends' reaction are a bit flaccid.

And please, no more James Small (I didn't know he was a real person, I thought he was just a Sonic) It's almost like their very own Joel McHale.
By flaccid do you mean realistic? Gametrailers crew reaction was a bit much.

grimmiq

By flaccid do you mean realistic? Gametrailers crew reaction was a bit much.

The Zaibatsu are capable of that type of reaction and had there not been leaks I think they would have freaked out in a similar fashion, but all the leaks and verification of sources took it's toll. When Sony let The Last Guardian loose right out of the gates it opened the possibility of FFVII, Pat/Liam's love for the game overcame that while Woolie braced himself earlier.

The first 2 rumours coming true must've made them think "There's a good chance the Shenmue rumour was true too", maybe even more-so with Suzuki tweeting the Fork Lift earlier. Coupled with the fact that none of the Zaibatsu seemed to actually care about Shenmue and Pat was simply slightly swept up by "I know people that will fucking love this!" made him slightly more animated.

The thing I would love to see most from the Zaibatsu in terms of reactions, is an unspoilt, unsuspecting realization that a Chrono remake/sequal was being made, for the same reason I'm salty that they stopped recording after Nintendo, that Liam reaction to something nobody saw coming would have been priceless.

I mean you said yourself that none of them care about Shenmue so there wouldn't have been a different reaction there, I don't think Matt cares about FFVII(could be wrong though?) so not much changes there as well. I'm just saying the GT reaction was a bit insane. Still have to see the Zaibatsu reactions though.

I hope they shit on Nintendo for Metroid Prime.
By a bit much do you mean genuine mind blown hyped? You can't fake those tears.

I'm not saying they were faking it, I'm just saying I couldn't take it seriously. Also I wouldn't have taken SBFP seriously if they did that as none of them are known to jump on chairs and scream except maybe Woolie.

The_Poet

Banned
Listening to the podcast, Pat, I'm sorry bro, but you really need to tone down the interrupting.

When someone else starts talking there's an most guaranteed extra 2 or 3 comments you say under your breath while the other person is still talking.

I'm not saying they were faking it, I'm just saying I couldn't take it seriously. Also I wouldn't have taken SBFP seriously if they did that as none of them are known to jump on chairs and scream except maybe Woolie.

You don't think they're faking it but you can't take them seriously?

What is there to take serious? It is what it is.

You don't think they're faking it but you can't take them seriously?

What is there to take serious? It is what it is.
I mean it's not getting me hyped with them, it just makes me look at them and go "boy they sure are excited", it's not a big deal though.

Boy Pat is being kinda obnoxious in these reaction videos, constantly talks through everyone but then tells everything to shut up when something he likes comes up. I get it, he's drunk, but if you're going to act like that maybe don't be drunk on camera.

edit: Cheapest I can find Nier at is 50 fucking euros 5 years after release, what the hell. The game isn't even on PSN so I'm just proper fucked unless I want to take a huge gamble on a game I don't even know I'll like, and now that Nier 2 is coming out demand will be higher and supply will stay the same so I'm even more fucked.

Agent York

Neo Member
Watching Pat's unwavering confidence that the Uncharted reveal was instead going to be Persona 5, followed by his disgust, and forcing James Small back into the room was gold.

Shame that we will never witness Liam sploosh everybody out of the room at the Nier 2 reveal. Surely, the world wasn't ready for it.

Skrams

You might already know this, but Huber and Bosman have had long running bets about TLG and Shenmue 3 showing up at conferences forever. It's just genuine excitement because those guys love video games and surprisingly enough, those 3 big announcements tipped them over the edge like they did a lot of people.

R14YAAI.jpg

If Liam teared up on camera I'm not sure people would be saying this same tune. The guys aren't above physically moving around for game announcements. Hell, the only reasons they stay in their seat half the time is so they can quickly physically exert their excitement then get back to watching. Queue Bayonetta 2 gif and Yakuza 5 gif.
I mean it's not getting me hyped with them, it just makes me look at them and go "boy they sure are excited", it's not a big deal though.

Boy Pat is being kinda obnoxious in these reaction videos, constantly talks through everyone but then tells everything to shut up when something he likes comes up. I get it, he's drunk, but if you're going to act like that maybe don't be drunk on camera.

edit: Cheapest I can find Nier at is 50 fucking euros 5 years after release, what the hell. The game isn't even on PSN so I'm just proper fucked unless I want to take a huge gamble on a game I don't even know I'll like, and now that Nier 2 is coming out demand will be higher and supply will stay the same so I'm even more fucked.

I am only assuming you don't care about GT, but I think if you saw any of the best friends like this would feel more attached you since care about them more presumably.

Also yeah, either Pat needs to learn to control himself more while drunk or just stop drinking. That is if he cares about appealing to the people that get annoyed at him for being obnoxious or talking over people.

Also get Nier because Nier is cool.

Anung

Un Rama
I have noticed they do seem to drink a lot more during LP's recently. I think its good as a one off but its not the kind of thing I watch this channel for.

MrHoot

I have noticed they do seem to drink a lot more during LP's recently. I think its good as a one off but its not the kind of thing I watch this channel for.

Yeah, i'm hoping "Drunk X" doesn't become a habit. It's a bit sad to be fair, and not that entertaining because it sometimes makes them more rude/obnoxious

Just saw the sony reaction. Man that's still a lot more cynicism than I thought considering the big 3 impossibles were announced, but that reaction to FF7 was priceless

During LP's it's mostly fine because when Pat is yelling there's either subtitles or nobody cares about the story, also he's pretty funny when he's drunk. During these conferences it seemed like (especially Liam during Sony and Matt during Nintendo) the other people got pretty annoyed by him constantly yelling, and I can't say I blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom