• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Convince me to not back down from this LP, this just seems like a bad time and a huge mistake on their part.

I don't think it's a bad time. They probably wanted to hold off on starting new LPs until after E3, just in case it made something jump in priority (like: Shenmue, Nier), so they need a shorter-length LP to run as "filler" until they have time to spin a new LP up. Ride to Hell shouldn't be that terribly long.

I don't think it's a bad time. They probably wanted to hold off on starting new LPs until after E3, just in case it made something jump in priority (like: Shenmue, Nier), so they need a shorter-length LP to run as "filler" until they have time to spin a new LP up. Ride to Hell shouldn't be that terribly long.

i hope the Nier LP isnt for awhile as i just bought the game yesterday
gonna play it after Witcher 3(on ACT 2)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Convince me to not back down from this LP, this just seems like a bad time and a huge mistake on their part.

The game is brief and comically bad. Just stilted with a lot of random nonsense, violence, and sex. There's a lot there to play off of in an LP, and I'm surethat iit'll be entertaining.

Harsh.
There hasn't been so far so you are right.

I mean, it was 3 hours long, and began airing late enough that all of Europe was almost instantly cut off from watching it live.
Also it was terrible, but the viewership would have been terrible regardless.

Y'know, those scenes with the mannequins akwardly mashing themselves together may just be the best part of the game so far. Better than anything else I've seen at least.

Paulee

I haven't seen any episode of the ride to hell lp
I hope its good

but I think that the last really amazing lp s from m+p are like resident evil 4 and silent hill 2
which are games that they really enjoy.

I'm a little disappointed that they aren't actively trying to break RTH. Like, not rolling into walls or powersliding off ramps to try and fall through the world or anything.

I'm kind of hoping with all the NieR hype that we finally get the Pat and Liam LP.

Anyway, can someone crush my dreams and tell me the reason why they won't do Nier again? I can remember there was something...

I'm a little disappointed that they aren't actively trying to break RTH. Like, not rolling into walls or powersliding off ramps to try and fall through the world or anything.
You'd be even more disappointed if they did do that, even though the game is broken it's kinda hard to find where the actual bugs are. They only did that one in ep 1 because Matt knew how to do it(kinda). Also the game breaking by accident is way funnier than if they actively tried to break it.

Wouldn't their reactions to randomly breaking the game and finding the bugs be way more entertaining than them actively trying to do so?

The game is already really bad, so just watching them play is pretty funny. So them just shitting on it and talking about how bad whats happening is, and then experiencing a bug in the middle of what their saying seems like it would be a more rewarding video to watch.

I can't believe they had James Small
I think
on for the Microsoft e3 lets watch, and they just shushed him and had him be quiet.
What the heck?

Also, lttp on this, sorry.

Geg

You'd be even more disappointed if they did do that, even though the game is broken it's kinda hard to find where the actual bugs are. They only did that one in ep 1 because Matt knew how to do it(kinda). Also the game breaking by accident is way funnier than if they actively tried to break it.

Was the motorcycle exploding a glitch? I just assumed that was how it was supposed to work

Now that they're pretty much done walkthroughs on half of all main Silent Hill games, there's no reason not to do 1,3 and 4 right? I mean, they've already suffered through downcoming, what's the worst that could happen?

Was the motorcycle exploding a glitch? I just assumed that was how it was supposed to work
Yeah my bad, not a glitch per se but more of an exploit.
Now that they're pretty much done walkthroughs on half of all main Silent Hill games, there's no reason not to do 1,3 and 4 right? I mean, they've already suffered through downcoming, what's the worst that could happen?
They have a distinct reason for playing every one of those games, I don't think they're going to play the rest because "why not", that's not their style.

Edit: I can understand why Pat was surprised that Benjamin Button is a good movie, that concept has no business being any good but somehow it really is.

aly

That PC conference was a chore to watch, which is funny considering it also was easier to see thanks to the better stream quality. I kinda feel the same way Liam did about some of the lol console jokes, which is even funnier since at least those conferences were entertaining. Like the Bloodborne portbegging part. Seriously? Yeah we all want things, but those things cost money and find it super silly complaining about things not being where you want them because another company made it happen. But meh, Hope next time they can record more of the conferences in good quality. I'm kinda salty that we did'nt get Liam's Nier reaction.

Wut they recorded the PC conference but not the SE one? That's fucked up and that's coming from a PC-gamer that doesn't like SE that much. Even beforehand they could've known that the PC one was going to be trash.

Wut they recorded the PC conference but not the SE one? That's fucked up and that's coming from a PC-gamer that doesn't like SE that much. Even beforehand they could've known that the PC one was going to be trash.
I think that they were probably thinking that they would miss some of the hype announcements after SE's conference. The tweet that announced the PC Lets watch was some time after SE's

Skrams

Shattered Memories looks like it's going to be super good. Liam who is the best at video games on controls with Matt and Pat helping provide some background shit on the game is great. Games they know super well continue to be some of their best shit since there's rarely a dry moment. My only problem is I'm wondering if Liam now knowing how much he stares at shit effecting things will change how he plays the game. That really feels like something you should tell the person after they've already finished so they don't change their regular style. I'm going to assume Liam is going to try not to stare at anything with a boob now since it'll effect his shit. I also love the intro art and green greens remix chosen.

Pat says near the beginning of the PC recording something along the lines of they fucked up and now they should probably record this conference because what if they miss shit. Honestly, if they don't just record all press conferences next year and for the rest of time until they die then they've fucked up.

No one was expecting Square-Enix to actually show up big. It's like the Japanese Inquisition. Like, when they said, "We have a lot of games to show" we all just naturally assumed they meant "We have FFXV, KH3, and Deus Ex." Basically, nothing we hadn't seen before.

No one really knew they had done a reversal on their retreat into mobile to try to bring Japanese console gamers back into the fold.

ArjanN

No one was expecting Square-Enix to actually show up big. It's like the Japanese Inquisition. Like, when they said, "We have a lot of games to show" we all just naturally assumed they meant "We have FFXV, KH3, and Deus Ex." Basically, nothing we hadn't seen before.

No one really knew they had done a reversal on their retreat into mobile to try to bring Japanese console gamers back into the fold.

Nah it was pretty obvious they had some stuff to show.

I don't think many people were seriously expecting FF7:R more than a week or two before the show, when the leaks started coming in. No one was expecting Nier 2 that I can recall. Even Star Ocean 5 and the Setsuna thing were pretty much off the radar.

I mean, yes, we were expecting Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, FFXIV, FFXV, and KH3. We'd also already seen all of them, though. About the only new thing that people had readily anticipated was Hitman. The rest were surprises, at least up to very close to the show.

I'm disappointed stuff was leaked so early.

Last year there was also a Remake FF7 thread.

When Hashimoto came out with the port, people were rightfully salty.

The rumors were also floating around just as heavily as they did this year, except this year was legit.

CH3knGbUEAERJua.jpg

https://twitter.com/DreamsBell/status/611896485643337729

YO HOW ABOUT THAT JOJO FINALE.

Also I'm kinda surprised Pat and Matt like Shattered Memories so much. I thought it was another entry in the "trash series" of Silent Hill games.

MrHoot

YO HOW ABOUT THAT JOJO FINALE.

Also I'm kinda surprised Pat and Matt like Shattered Memories so much. I thought it was another entry in the "trash series" of Silent Hill games.

General consensus on it is it's far from the best, but also could've been way worse. It has very decent ideas and an interesting approach. It definitively had some respect for the original idea of Silent hill which I think most fans appreciate even though it falls apart gameplay wise rather quickly (as Pat says "That's all your mechanics right there") as well as probably less budget than previous SH game, and that it's still a different team with different sensibilities (the monster design is pretty good, although sound design is meh as it's just stock scream sounds which)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom