• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resolution I can deal with but the constant lagging in this Xbox one is pretty bad. Were they at Matt's place? Seemed fine last year for the Nintendo one with only a slight pause that worked because clay Reggie paused so it was perfect timing for a hiccup.

Only thing I can think of is that they were watching it on a ps4 as opposed to last year? I'm down in Australia and I was had maybe 2 pauses on PC when they were on. But yeah, xbox is by far the worst to the point of missing nearly an entire trailer
dark souls 3

Squishy3

Resolution I can deal with but the constant lagging in this Xbox one is pretty bad. Were they at Matt's place? Seemed fine last year for the Nintendo one with only a slight pause that worked because clay Reggie paused so it was perfect timing for a hiccup.
Since they're using a PS4 to watch them, and are probably doing so wirelessly, the PS4 network adapter is complete shit.

joe2187

Banned
Since they're using a PS4 to watch them, and are probably doing so wirelessly, the PS4 network adapter is complete shit.

They have a PS4 and an Xbone.

Next year they could use the Live Events viewer on PS4 dedicated solely to stream the SONY conference.

Or use the Xbone Twitch App which is much much much more stable and faster than streaming Twitch through the PS4 web browser.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm just now catching up on the Sony Let's Watch and I love that it took like 10 minutes for it to sink into Woolie's brain that they're remaking FF7.

Anung

Un Rama
Another LP where they are drinking D: Then again it is Ride to Hell so I can't say I blame them wanting them to drink the pain away.

Another LP where they are drinking D: Then again it is Ride to Hell so I can't say I blame them wanting them to drink the pain away.

It's fine. Their drunk conversations are 1000x more interesting that the game anyways.

So, How do you fix Ride to Hell? Cmon Matt, I wanna hear your game design theories.

To give them credit I doubt they could do Ride to Hell sober. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they started drinking then decided it was a good idea to LP Ride to Hell but then they sobered up and realised they can't back down from HELL.

It's fine. Their drunk conversations are 1000x more interesting that the game anyways.

So, How do you fix Ride to Hell? Cmon Matt, I wanna hear your game design theories.

I think to fix Ride to Hell, you focus. The problem is that it does a lot of things relatively competently (if by no means well), but there's no core "fun" being brought out by the gameplay at any point.

I'm thinking your core conceit is "biker", so you focus on the motorcycle combat/racing. Make that actually good, even if it means completely removing the shooting and brawling gameplay and open-world elements. After you've got that backbone of the game fun and working well, then maybe you look into doing other things to break up the monotony of non-stop vehicle combat sections.

The worst thing you can do is plod along with a game development just expecting fun will "happen" sometime when it all comes together. A fun game is usually fun even in a relatively larval state, if you're expecting assets and polish or the addition or one more game mechanic to turn your boring kitchen-sink game into something entertaining, you're going about it entirely the wrong way.

yeah well

tumblr_npi5umjgwc1r9s07oo1_540.jpg

b9df9cba8b1ca18c2fd5fb3ccdb1b85d.png

ec558863028e40fcd82fa17e97f7fed7.png

get fucking fresh son

Haven't played Splatoon but this miiVerse Community thing is the best thing ever

Skrams

Ride to Hell is very confusing. The whole cutscene from 15:00 to 16:00 is the weirdest. If you stare at the background you can see him driving past background objects and then when it switches to a new cutscene angle you see that we haven't driven past those objects yet. We've just teleported like 3-5 times so we can have this cutscene last a minute because reasons.

You can also see a lady t-posing at 26:34 at the very right of the bar.

KdylanR92

Ride to Hell is very confusing. The whole cutscene from 15:00 to 16:00 is the weirdest. If you stare at the background you can see him driving past background objects and then when it switches to a new cutscene angle you see that we haven't driven past those objects yet. We've just teleported like 3-5 times so we can have this cutscene last a minute because reasons.

She's also still behind the counter in the background of the "sex" scene, so I guess somebody just got lazy

Xux

Jeeze, that t-poser is kinda creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom