• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the requires for being a Friender should be to have played the mainline installments of Metal Gear.

Shame on you, Glitches!

Get a copy of MGS Collection and get to work. It's required reading for Phantom Pains.

Tako

One of the requires for being a Friender should be to have played the mainline installments of Metal Gear.

Shame on you, Glitches!

Get a copy of MGS Collection and get to work. It's required reading for Phantom Pains.

I never touched those games and I'm still a friender. ITs fine

Loco4Coco

Oh god that sex scene in the latest Ride to Hell vid....

7377.gif

He thinks it sucks?

Either that or he keeps making fun of it because Liam likes it.
I assume it's one of those things where it's franchise expectations vs what it is.

Battle Network doesn't need to have Megaman ties to it to be Battle Network, whereas X and Zero all spin off the core platformer gameplay more.

Which is funny given Matt and Pat are good about that, like how Pat likes Shattered Memories even though it's not a good 'Silent Hill'.

They probably hate it because of shitkids.

Skrams

I assume it's one of those things where it's franchise expectations vs what it is.

Battle Network doesn't need to have Megaman ties to it to be Battle Network, whereas X and Zero all spin off the core platformer gameplay more.

Which is funny given Matt and Pat are good about that, like how Pat likes Shattered Memories even though it's not a good 'Silent Hill'.

They probably hate it because of shitkids.

I'm not entirely familiar with the Battle Network series, but he might also consider the battle chips and gameplay just a different form of a card game as well.

I'd be kind of surprised if it was what you mentioned since I just have a hard time believing anyone can be that annoyed about spinoffs having different gameplay these days. It's still super possible, but I would hope it's not that of all things.

I'm not entirely familiar with the Battle Network series, but he might also consider the battle chips and gameplay just a different form of a card game as well.

I'd be kind of surprised if it was what you mentioned since I just have a hard time believing anyone can be that annoyed about spinoffs having different gameplay these days. It's still super possible, but I would hope it's not that of all things.
Yeah it's ATB/Action/card thing. It sorta scratches that same itch as a cardgame hybrid.

I actually really dislike every single plot beat, the whole setting setup, and the characters. Even though I like the gameplay enough that I enjoy playing it, I would believe it's enough to ruin the game for someone.

It required a needed intervention but yeah!
Out with LewdGAF and back to ActuallySBFGAF? Much needed indeed :p That was long overdue.

I feel like they just skipped testing on that entire building sequence in Ride to Hell.

Surprised the framerate didn't just die during the orgy.

I feel like they skipped testing on most, if not all of the game. And the conclusion would should have been "Just scrap it."

Edit: Any of you Frienders playing Dirty Bomb? I need some people to play with.

Neol

Catching up on some vids and I have to say I really like this current lineup so far. Silent Hill and Ride to Hell have a nice contrast so watching one after another is pretty refreshing.

Honestly if we got approval and didn't call it ReBoot! I'd be kinda disappointed.

I'd vote for this.

Like the pacing of the current thread but I do agree it can go a bit faster. Hopefully we can get back to gaming side to show people what we're all about.

Neol

Shilling people and posting dumb gifs?

I believe we are a group of esteemed people who share a common interest of The Best Friends Play and have intelligent conversations on a daily basis discussing the entertainment that they put out everyday.

Yea basically shilling people and posting dumb gifs

105.Will

Could call the rebooted thread "SbF: Super best Friends" in the same fashion of everyone's favorite rebooted character action game.

If we do reboot it I vote for removing the number, it's probably intimidating and gives off the impression that it's going to stay the same as the last couple of threads. The goal isn't necessarily to attract new fans(though that'd be a nice bonus) but more to get current fans to come back.

I feel like we need a gaming side reboot of the thread to let everyone that abandoned the thread know it's different now.
I'm not really for moving to gaming in any way. I'd reboot in Community.
Have to check with the mods first.
If you already did, lemme know, but I'm cool with resetting the numbering if you guys are.
Is it just me or does the website version have a new URL and not work anymore?
Yeah, broken.

I'm not really for moving to gaming in any way. I'd reboot in Community.

If you already did, lemme know, but I'm cool with resetting the numbering if you guys are.
Only temporarily to let everyone know about the reboot since nobody checks community for anything other than the threads they already follow. It would go back into community after a week or two like any other community thread.

I really like James Small. He actually seems pretty down to earth, and it's nice to listen to someone with a real British accent on the channel for once instead of the worst accents ever.

Anung

Un Rama
I really like James Small. He actually seems pretty down to earth, and it's nice to listen to someone with a real British accent on the channel for once instead of the worst accents ever.

I thought he was great as well. And as a brit the accent angle didn't hurt either. Now we just need a Scottish and Irish person to balance it out. "Charles, Yoi've got tae stoap proteus"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom