• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

I really like James Small. He actually seems pretty down to earth, and it's nice to listen to someone with a real British accent on the channel for once instead of the worst accents ever.
He seems like a fine guy, but I think he's staying pretty reserved with his crazy unlike Pat. It leaks out here and there like skipping all cutscenes and that.
New mystery box is awesome. Such a underrated game at the time.
Glad, someone else knows about it. I don't see people talk about it often, but it's a super fun game.
Yeah it's ATB/Action/card thing. It sorta scratches that same itch as a cardgame hybrid.

I actually really dislike every single plot beat, the whole setting setup, and the characters. Even though I like the gameplay enough that I enjoy playing it, I would believe it's enough to ruin the game for someone.
That's kind of the opposite of what I said. I mean if they disliked that the gameplay was not normal Megaman then that seems silly. Of course it's fine to dislike the world, characters, and all that. I just think disliking a thing for simply being different is silly.

Possibly one of the best things I've ever seen out of this fandom

tumblr_nqmfvkIGhV1qkjs22o1_1280.jpg

Thanks James Small, for reminding me I still have to play Inversion. I remember seeing gameplay footage of it from the Achievement Hunter people and forgot the name of it.

It's almost like it was played up for comedy
, or he reigned it in on air/got mellow with time

The impression we had of Woolie pre-him being in episodes was also pretty stellar.

Or he was too focused on what he was doing and what they were talking about for him to really say something crazy, maybe he just needs the right trigger. Although it isn't really that difficult to suppress crazy.

It's almost like it was played up for comedy
, or he reigned it in on air/got mellow with time

The impression we had of Woolie pre-him being in episodes was also pretty stellar.
It just takes time and doing other embarrassing stuff irl. Woolie went from being known for killing a guy to the guy that eats stale cake and hates breakfast. That's quite a step up, imo.

So I picked up Distance during the sale because of the SBF playthrough. I'm kinda disappointed with it? Most of the time they lock away the coolest and most freedom-giving utility, and it's really fucking hard to see some of the obstacles coming in a bunch of cases. Also, any puzzle involving you jumping to the ceiling is a goddamn pain and a half to get, and I think I was mostly getting lucky. Hopping onto walls was way easier.

Still, it's pretty and has a great soundtrack. I need to check out the Steamworks stuff.

Ilvocare

I haven't posted here in a while, but the 7th episode of the Ride to Hell LP is actually one of the best episodes in the entire channel in the past couple of months.

That being said, I resent comparing fans of Battle Network to fans of the Zelda CD-i games. If you give me the avenue then I will gladly come at you full-force Pat.

Besides do the CD-i games even have fans beyond the ironic?

My favorite part of Ride to Hell is that in normal playthroughs, Pat's constantly saying, "You'll never do it. You're gonna fuck it up!" and Matt's all huffy about it, but in Ride to Hell Pat's constantly saying "You can do it, you've got this" and Matt's even more huffy about it.

Ride to Hell is literally so bad people would prefer not to be any good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom