• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reddit delivers once again.

Kinda off the side but did they ever do a what's coming out in july video?

Salty Woolie will rise again.

I still don't get his salt for animorphs, but I never touched a single one of those books. I read Goosebumps books like a good babby.

Archgan

Salty Woolie will rise again.

I still don't get his salt for animorphs, but I never touched a single one of those books. I read Goosebumps books like a good babby.
Woolie doesn't like the idea of animorphs. Didn't he ever learn not to judge a book by its cover? *Ba dum tiss*

"Ok, so who's a fan of Final Fantasy XIII!"

>_>

<_<

o/
I remember going to a Crunchyroll panel and someone asked "Who actually watches the Cardfight Vanguard anime?" and was the only one that raised their hand.

The SBF should have known at least some people had overlapping interest with them and the original XIII.

I don't get his beef with schoolastic? Like yeah they used cheap toys to get your parents to buy books, but I always ended up reading the books too. Book Orders were the best days.

demidar

The JoJo OPs are so good. EmCee posted a lot of Easter Eggs and foreshadowing for the Stardust Crusaders part 2 OP like (SC spoilers obviously)
the stylized sequence that shows all the character's encounters with DIO, Jotaro's finger twitches very slightly, which you would never catch unless you already knew about it from reading the manga or if you're an eagle or a falcon

Edit: Just watched it, guess I was off the mark since it was just a breakdown of scene composition but still, the detail that goes into them is fantastic.

Skrams

The JoJo OPs are so good. EmCee posted a lot of Easter Eggs and foreshadowing for the Stardust Crusaders part 2 OP like (SC spoilers obviously)
the stylized sequence that shows all the character's encounters with DIO, Jotaro's finger twitches very slightly, which you would never catch unless you already knew about it from reading the manga or if you're an eagle or a falcon

Edit: Just watched it, guess I was off the mark since it was just a breakdown of scene composition but still, the detail that goes into them is fantastic.

He goes into detail on both accounts. He pretty much just inches frame by frame to nab all the goodies and say how a scene works with the tone of the story and also is a nod to a thing that happens later. I already read a breakdown of End of the World already, but it was great to see the breakdown on the other OPs as I didn't notice all their nods as much as End of the World. He also goes into the spoiler thing you posted in Part 2.

I don't get his beef with schoolastic? Like yeah they used cheap toys to get your parents to buy books, but I always ended up reading the books too. Book Orders were the best days.

Yeah, kids being handed bullshit to peddle isn't exactly a new thing. I also got a free book once because of it. Shit's pretty average. Mostly seemed like his sodium level just rises whenever recording a mystery box and then he's slapped in the face with a book game based off books he never read with some dumb covers so eh, his levels can only go up from there.

Really. A lot of shit is peddled to kids that don't really need it.

At least scholastic was encouraging kids to read more. I don't see how that could be such a bad thing.

I appreciate every copy of Captain Underpants I bought from those shills.

He's definitely better at composition than seeing the references, yeah. The most obvious example being that he didn't even catch that the final shot of the Pillar Men in the second OP is a direct reference to the scene with Dio and the Black Knights from Phantom Blood, which is one of the least subtle ones across all the OPs.

Geg

I loved animorphs when I was a kid but it started getting really weird near the end and the ending retroactively ruined the whole series for me

I appreciate every copy of Captain Underpants I bought from those shills.

fuckyeah.png

Alfredo

Woolie just mentioned the Screwattack Gaming Convention on the podcast...are they going to that? They're not on the guest list. If they're there, I might actually consider going to that con after skipping out for the past two years.

Woolie just mentioned the Screwattack Gaming Convention on the podcast...are they going to that? They're not on the guest list. If they're there, I might actually consider going to that con after skipping out for the past two years.
Yeah http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170084462&postcount=18084

Doctorblurg showed me the schedule and I can't go...

edit: Wait what? It was here when I posted it.

edit:edit:http://www.sgconvention.com/schedule Saturday at 12:30

Welp, looks like I'm going to SGC, lol. Maybe I'll make a Baz alpaca and finally tell Liam about Danganwrestling.
Have fun~

If they go next year, I'll definitely go. Having a whole lot of cons in Dallas isn't so great, when you can only afford 1 con a year.

edit:When you go, can you let me know if they sell those specialty reproduction carts?

Edzi

I'm so glad the guys also enjoyed Terminator Genisys, since I was super baffled with the reviews and overall reception it seems to be getting on gaf.

Squishy3

coould be absolutely terrible or surprisingly decent

expecting terrible because of director's previous works, but some of the writers worked on some other horror stuff so it could be decent. funnily enough one of them wrote 3 episodes of animorphs

Not sure if Liam corrected himself, but he's wrong on the podcast. Lab Zero already confirmed that Wayforward isn't collabing with them on Indivisible and that the Destructoid thing was wrong.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Not sure if Liam corrected himself, but he's wrong on the podcast. Lab Zero already confirmed that Wayforward isn't collabing with them on Indivisible and that the Destructoid thing was wrong.

Fact-checking will ruin Liam.

(Man, this was a bad podcast for him, huh? Between this and "some guy on Reddit (was it Reddit? I didn't clearly hear the name of his source when he said it) says the SNES CD is fake".)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, lesson for Woolie: Don't source your news from Siliconera. Despite their breaking of the FFVII news, their overall track record the past five or so years has been less than impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom