• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
Surprised they are this LTTP on the misadventures of Flapjack. I seen that shit back in 2008 before all the offshoots like Adventure Time happened. Shit is good. Like if David Lynch made a cartoon.

Alfebit

Banned
Does Liam wear a bra?

u94Tn4X.gif

We live in a world where Shemue 3 is on Kickstarter, and Zero Escape 3 is coming to handhelds
Literally almost cried when I read that.

Anything can happen

A constantly commercial failure of a series is getting a sequel. With Platinum games developing no less. We live in a strange bizarro world.

I think this is a good time to say that I've seen maybe an hour of the Terminator movies in total, of which at least 30 minutes was T3. This week kinda makes me want to see them as they sound like they're more than just action movies.

Not Salvation I'm not watching Salvation

Archgan

I will also like to know this since I am not too interested in watching the entire review.

I checked the subreddit to see if anyone was talking about it and all I found was people saying they also wanted to know what it was so i assume Matt forgot to mention it.

Edit: I just asked Matt via twitter so we'll see what happens.

I think this is a good time to say that I've seen maybe an hour of the Terminator movies in total, of which at least 30 minutes was T3. This week kinda makes me want to see them as they sound like they're more than just action movies.

Not Salvation I'm not watching Salvation

I've never seen a terminator movie in my life nor have any idea what they're even about or like so you're way ahead of me on that.

Archgan

I will also like to know this since I am not too interested in watching the entire review.

From the subreddit:
PinkMrDoom said:
The lore is from james cameron in the t2 artbook I think. he basically says that after judgement day skynet developed a conscience and felt guilt about nearly wiping out humans. it orchestrates the entire war, from the creation of the resistance and john connor's rise, as a way to kill itself.
that's why the humans can beat these unstoppable killing machines(with detailed files) when they really should be getting massacred in every battle.

ive honestly only ever watched 3 because it was on TV one day
might marathon the series including Genisys(not Salvation as ive read a plot sypnosis and fuck that shit) tonight

Skrams

I guess I shouldn't be that surprised that Terminator is becoming too old for a lot of people to have watched T1 or T2. 1984 and 1991 is pretty long ago now. I'm kind of surprised how much Terminator has stuck around since I don't think there's a ton of content out about Terminator stuff for kids to really care about either. I guess a movie every few years is enough for it matter still.

So what I'm saying is, guys watch Terminator 1 and 2 and then don't care about anything else ever.

Also why the fuck is this Terminator Wrap Up only available in 360p for me.

I've never seen a terminator movie in my life nor have any idea what they're even about or like so you're way ahead of me on that.

Jesus, you children make me feel old. I watched T1 and T2 when I was 13 just so I could watch T3.

They are very good sci-fi films. Go see it, naow!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Terminator 2 was one of my absolute favorites as a kid. Both T1 and T2 bring a lot to the table. They're basically different genres, though, much like Alien and Aliens (the latter of which was also Cameron).

Anung

Un Rama
Matt has mentioned endoskeleton licensing in every episode of Terminator week haha. He also hyped up this plot retcon thing AND DOESN'T EVEN MENTION IT IN THE FINALE. Goddamn it, Matt.

Matt has mentioned endoskeleton licensing in every episode of Terminator week haha. He also hyped up this plot retcon thing AND DOESN'T EVEN MENTION IT IN THE FINALE. Goddamn it, Matt.

It IS pretty weird that there are licensing rights for Terminator, but not for the actual endoskeleton that is iconic with Terminator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom