• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only got about four books into Everworld, so I don't remember any of that (or much of Everworld in general). Maybe I stopped too soon. :p

But yeah, after watching that mystery box, I realized I remembered a lot more about Animorphs than I thought I did. The android who became a pacifist because he could never forget the moments when he killed people was pretty brutal.

Everworld I would describe as more down and dirty in every sense, at least in my memories lol.

Oh right that android, but it's even more rough when Jake forced him to make a decision which is like "to kill some people" or "to kill lots of people". I forgot the details but it was near the end.

Now listening to the sleepycast however, those guys talk overthemselves every five seconds.

Yeah you want to talk unbearable. Although the episode was entertaining I was getting real sick of it.

I think it's been clear that this isn't supposed to be some professional podcasting gig. They're just setting up a microphone and talking about whatever interesting thing comes to mind. It works for the four of them since no one has an official podcasting room or lives in a permanent house to make a studio out of. I don't think even having four separate mics for them would work that well either.

Now if they ever had a situation where they were picked up, like how the Grumps got their Polaris deal, that could change. But it's not that unbearable, and this episode was just a little bit heavy on it.

Everyone talking over everyone on the Friendcast is starting to become unbearable. I know the Zaibatsu aren't pros at this podcasting stuff but with the kind of microphone they have and the rooms they typically record in, it is imperative that they don't talk over each other (or raise their voice to a certain threshold). I might just post about this on the subreddit in hopes that they read this.
I've never really had a problem with it besides Matt getting sandbagged and feeling bad for him.

You can tell they're pretty much acting like they normally act with each other, and I value the informal, honest tone more than the occasional speaking over one another. Like people said, some podcasts are far, far worse about it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The worst thing is when, say, Woolie and Matt are having one conversation, and Liam and Pat are having another, completely different conversation. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's unbearable.

I've noticed that when Pat wants to say something, he'll keep trying to talk over whoever's talking and will not listen to anything until he gets it out. Actually he's been the worst offender when it comes to talking over others, Matt and Liam are pretty respectful and Woolie doesn't do it much either.

I don't want to tell anyone they should change who they are as a person but Pat should try to tone it down a little with the interrupting and loudness.

Also, completely unrelated, but it's really unbearable when something cool/interesting is happening on screen in an LP, and they're talking about something completely unrelated and either miss it completely or just don't talk about it. This is especially annoying if I've played the game myself and was looking forward to their reaction on something.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I've noticed that when Pat wants to say something, he'll keep trying to talk over whoever's talking and will not listen to anything until he gets it out. Actually he's been the worst offender when it comes to talking over others, Matt and Liam are pretty respectful and Woolie doesn't do it much either.

I don't want to tell anyone they should change who they are as a person but Pat should try to tone it down a little with the interrupting and loudness.

Myself and a group of friends have regular weekly Skype chats, and yeah, one of my friends does this and it's infuriating.

Laputa_94

I love the podcast around 90% of the time, but its just those moments where people are misinformed or are interrupting each other constantly that makes it rough sometimes. Then again its just 4 guys sitting in an apartment so its not like I would ever expect world class etiquette in the first place. Then again that's why I like the best friends in the first place for their down to earth and real attitude.

Archgan

We've known Woolie's full name the longest tho.

Isn't he a junior?
Yeah, that's one of thing they mentioned on the Sleepycast. I also vaguely remember a conversation on an old podcast about Woolie telling a secret that may or may not have been about his name. I think Woolie said something like, "The secret is my real given name is actually Woolie," and Pat replied with something like, "Are you going to tell them the actual secret?" Woolie then got sort of defensive/secretive. I still wonder what that was sometimes.

Everyone talking over everyone on the Friendcast is starting to become unbearable. I know the Zaibatsu aren't pros at this podcasting stuff but with the kind of microphone they have and the rooms they typically record in, it is imperative that they don't talk over each other (or raise their voice to a certain threshold). I might just post about this on the subreddit in hopes that they read this.

That's disappointing. I haven't listen to Ep 100 yet because of time, but I grow tired of them talking over one another every single podcast.

By now, they should be figured a good solution for organizing themselves around one mic and keeping all of their conversations coherent.

Yeah, that's one of thing they mentioned on the Sleepycast. I also vaguely remember a conversation on an old podcast about Woolie telling a secret that may or may not have been about his name. I think Woolie said something like, "The secret is my real given name is actually Woolie," and Pat replied with something like, "Are you going to tell them the actual secret?" Woolie then got sort of defensive/secretive. I still wonder what that was sometimes.

I suppose if he's Woolie Jr. that might be the secret, in and of itself, as Woolie's obviously not got the best(/any) relationship with his father.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I remember that. Wasn't from a podcast, it was from an episode of Beyond Two Souls.

I suppose if he's Woolie Jr. that might be the secret, in and of itself, as Woolie's obviously not got the best(/any) relationship with his father.
I'm pretty sure that's what it is, because I think there was a story about how there was a mix up or something in some situation.

Also, I hope Matt keeps reading Archie, because the new Jughead is the greatest:
CJamH8nUwAENC5-.png
He's like a proto-super villain.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm pretty sure that's what it is, because I think there was a story about how there was a mix up or something in some situation.

Also, I hope Matt keeps reading Archie, because the new Jughead is the greatest:

He's like a proto-super villain.
They're still making the Archies?

Alfebit

Banned
Is there anything in the Let's Watch of the PC conference worth watching? I tried to watch that conference live and I had to bow out after 20 minutes of nothing.

While watching the latest freedom planet lp, something hit me once they got to the shmup level... This game is totally Astro Boy Omega Factor. Well, a combination of ABOF and sonic, plus gunstar heroes and Astro boy is also a Treasure game, but they never brought it up once and it is one of my favorite Treasure games and quite frankly possibly the BEST gba game ever(its up there, for sure).

God that was such a sick game. I beat it 5 times(3 of the times being after i had actually bought the game...) and it has so much good shit. Now i want an LP(with laim at the controls of course).

God damn yes! I totally called it... kind of. Well I asked for anyways. Still, its like a dream come true.

Just finished watching the episode. Woolie is gonna need to step up his game. You can not ignore the laser(its an amazing combo finisher and obviously a requirement in flying levels... it also gets bigger as you upgrade it and boosts the power of the laser super) and the dash for upgrading. Hell, the dash is probably the more important skill to upgrade, as it not only extends combos, but the invincibility it provides is super important and its require to reach some secret areas(which is where the sensor comes in... in fact if memory recalls a certain level of dash and sensor is required to beat the game). Watching him fight the boss of this level should be interesting.

...God I'm so fucking hype for this right now.

Tcab96

I think we'd have to demonstrate to the mods that we're not the same community that we were at the beginning of the thread. The obvious worry would be that we'd eventually relapse back into the old behaviors, but, and I really hate to say this because I don't personally have anything against them, the few members that were largely responsible for that behavior aren't here anymore. I think those of us that stuck around after the threadpocalypse have "learned our lesson", so to speak.

At the end of the day, it's up to the mods to give us a second chance, but I do think it's worth a shot.

What happened?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
their playing the best Astro Boy game
the GBA one
that game was really hard

Hard mode is no joke. Of the 5 times I beat the game(normal and hard mode on a emulator, then i bought the game and beat it once more on each difficulty. Still missing a few hidden scenes though) two of them were on hard mode, which is even harder without emulation save states... Only 3 special bars and specials do not charge it at all. Pretty sure enemies did more damage as well, but I believe they took the same amount of damage so boss fights didn't last forever if you were good.

Skrams

What happened?

He's just referring to when the thread was forced to be more on topic otherwise we wouldn't stick around.

I brought up the idea of the next thread being a reboot a while back. I like the idea since it'll let people know it's fine to care again if they want to, but I don't expect us to go back into gaming or anything considering most of these kind of threads are now in community anyway. They're centered around personalities so I get it sort of. It's that or clog up the front page of gaming. Whoever is helping organize a next thread when the time comes could talk to the mods about it probably.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
He's just referring to when the thread was forced to be more on topic otherwise we wouldn't stick around.

I brought up the idea of the next thread being a reboot a while back. I like the idea since it'll let people know it's fine to care again if they want to, but I don't expect us to go back into gaming or anything considering most of these kind of threads are now in community anyway. They're centered around personalities so I get it sort of. It's that or clog up the front page of gaming. Whoever is helping organize a next thread when the time comes could talk to the mods about it probably.

we must awaken faultwill

Archgan

To give my two cents, I think we should definitely reboot the next thread and try to put it in gaming for a week or two, if we get mod approval. It also might make sense not to wait until this thread is full, just to get the message out sooner.

joe2187

Banned
So they were talking about BattleBots on the podcast. I felt this was relevent.

American robotics company builds an actual mech.

megabots-mark-ii-giant-robot.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJTGLL2SnI

Then issues a challenge to a Japanese robotics company

"We have a big robot, you have a big robot...you know what needs to happen"

Japan laughs.

But then

On behalf of Japan, we accept your challenge.

But on one condition: That melee combat be a part of the fight.

11386409_1587622468166737_1799185046_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u8mheM2Hrg

BEAT UP!

demidar

I thought those "X character you last played as is YYY" threads were trash that just gummed up the front page. I'm really glad that they were eventually locked.

As for these threads regressing to what they were previously, well let's just say that's been taken care of ;) It won't happen again if we reboot the thread.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I thought those "X character you last played as is YYY" threads were trash that just gummed up the front page. I'm really glad that they were eventually locked.

As for these threads regressing to what they were previously, well let's just say that's been taken care of ;) It won't happen again if we reboot the thread.

SBFRT#1 OT: Where we all wear our Reboot pins.

Skrams

Pat just turning into a giant Pat baby at the end of Tormentum Part 3. Hand him a rubics cube with all sides being the same color and he just groans because puzzle. He's also Ryckerting super hard with no remorse, no guilt, all of my actions are just because I chose them and my gut told me to. I've already come this far, why stop now?

So they were talking about BattleBots on the podcast. I felt this was relevent.

It's pretty relevant considering they talk about it like 2 seconds later. Mechas are Japan's lifeblood.

As was said on tumblr, we are living in an age where G Gundam is the real life canonical gundam.
It's more like VOTOMS cage matches, if anything.

The Kuratas especially looks like a quad legged VOTOMS. It's the canopy specifically.

But whatever, shit's gonna be the best, and I hope to god I have a chance to see it in person when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom