• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought up the idea of the next thread being a reboot a while back. I like the idea since it'll let people know it's fine to care again if they want to, but I don't expect us to go back into gaming or anything considering most of these kind of threads are now in community anyway. They're centered around personalities so I get it sort of. It's that or clog up the front page of gaming. Whoever is helping organize a next thread when the time comes could talk to the mods about it probably.
Sorry I'm LTTP to this talk, but I'd really rather do a reboot inside community. Giantbomb also got moved here and stayed here, and it's a better place for permanent threads anyway.

demidar

Sorry I'm LTTP to this talk, but I'd really rather do a reboot inside community. Giantbomb also got moved here and stayed here, and it's a better place for permanent threads anyway.

The Giant Bomb Gaf community is also allowed to have weekly podcast threads which direct people to the community thread >_>

Honestly what's the point of rebooting in community then? The idea behind trying to go for gaming would be to collect new blood., people who would have been intimidated in the past. At least, that's how I imagine it. People aren't really scared off by how many threads a topic has had--see Destiny and Halo threads.

Skrams

I don't remember it quite exactly, but mods had been tossing around the idea of moving these kind of threads to community anyway and we just helped spark it. I honestly don't expect a thread to be made in gaming even if we asked. I don't really care which side it's on. I just like the idea of a non intimidating title instead of one with 17 next to it. Subtitle somethingsomething The New Age, Reboot, Reborn, Oh god please come back, blah.
Honestly what's the point of rebooting in community then? The idea behind trying to go for gaming would be to collect new blood., people who would have been intimidated in the past. At least, that's how I imagine it. People aren't really scared off by how many threads a topic has had--see Destiny and Halo threads.

I don't think people see regular video game OTs and Personality/LP threads in the same light. Whether it be intimidation of needing to catch up immediately or knowing how to integrate into this already established fanbase. Like I said above, I don't see us getting permission to do anything with posting back in Gaming anyway. People can try, but I'm hesitant to believe mods would agree to it. I liked the idea of a friendcast thread like giantbombs weekly podcast thread, but I think that was shot down a while back? Eh, I just don't see a good stepping stone thing we can do to make it possible for people to easily integrate currently. Besides the current things we already do anyway. A reboot is the closest thing really. I don't think we can do anything about gaming side or coming back. Or I'm not thinking hard enough on how to make people try out the content here.

Whatever the situation, I'm just all for a reboot thread in general. I don't really care which side it's on as long as the OP and first page isn't a shitshow or something.

E the Shaggy

I'm sure Woolie has pre-ordered at least 4 of these:

featuredImage.img.jpg

Skrams

I don't know if even Woolie would drop $200 for it. I don't think $200 is weird considering a 14 inch statue that looks pretty alright and the regular nonsense of any $80 CE. If the statue is painted well and not shit like a lot of packaged in statues then it makes sense for the price. I still think $150 would of made more sense going off regular super CEs like the DS2 CE with its statue, but eh. It's EA.

I think people saying $100 max are fooling themselves if they think all of that bullshit amounts up to less than $40.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't know if even Woolie would drop $200 for it. I don't think $200 is weird considering a 14 inch statue that looks pretty alright and the regular nonsense of any $80 CE. If the statue is painted well and not shit like a lot of packaged in statues then it makes sense for the price. I still think $150 would of made more sense going off regular super CEs like the DS2 CE with its statue, but eh. It's EA.

I think people saying $100 max are fooling themselves if they think all of that bullshit amounts up to less than $40.

Aside from the statue, what else is there? A bunch of pictures. Mostly stuff that, at best, is printed on nice heavy paper stock. Not to mention that EA's definition of "lithograph" can mean "postcard with some artwork on it", like the ME3 limited edition. Not to mention, it doesn't even say anything about the game itself being included.

I think I just personally don't place much value on things whose purpose is to sit on a shelf and look pretty.

Yeah Imma put off of the Her Story LP until I actually play it. The mix of being really interesting and super budget really interests me in how they pull it off. Matt and Woolie did a pretty cool introduction to the game for me.

I'm interested in Her Story myself so I won't watch till I play it, but isn't the game mostly watching videos and searching for keywords? I don't think it's very LP friendly.

Squishy3

I thought Her Story was going to be the thing Liam was hyping up for after SM, but then guessed it wouldn't be it since Astroboy started... and here we are

Mostly people arguing whether or not it counts as a "game" and saying matt and/or woolie have shit taste.

It's so surreal that people are somehow surprised that a guy who has experienced every piece of Mortal Kombat, Predator, and Punisher media doesn't necessarily have good taste. I mean, it's not like he claimed to be the world's most discerning video game critic.

So, I finally patched up MKX to try out Predator... and gotta say, I think Matt might have had the Predator beer goggles firmly in place because... he seems kinda really boring to me.
To be fair, I have a hard time getting excited for any character without grapples though.

ArjanN

This seems like such a weird thing to play. It's basically "Cutscenes: The Game". Which is fine, but for an LP, I dunno...

it's a great game. What information you find and in what order you find it can shape what you think is going on quite a bit, which is interesting to see.

It's no less interactive than the Telltale stuff or Life Is Strange IMO. The only thing is there's a lot of talking they can't really talk over.

it's a great game. What information you find and in what order you find it can shape what you think is going on quite a bit, which is interesting to see.

It's no less interactive than the Telltale stuff or Life Is Strange IMO. The only thing is there's a lot of talking they can't really talk over.

Hence the reason why people don't really find it a good game to LP.

Personally, I never heard of it, but I'm going into the video with an open mind. I'm enjoying the hell out of Life Is Strange, so I trust Matt.

Mat-triX

To those that played the game: Are people in the YouTube comments spoiling the game by saying
that there's a twin?
Yes or no.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

This is what I'm talking about. It seems like an odd thing to do for an LP channel in which the players talking is the big draw.

Her Story is a game by the Lead designer and Writer of Silent Hill Shattered Memories and the cancelled Legacy of Kain game.

Okay?

God, that Ride to Hell writing.

The character you've never met before isn't the real bad guy, the other character you've never met before is the bad guy! What a twist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom