• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

Just discovered these guys after finding the Silent Hill Downpour lets play. Any can't miss videos?

Thanks!

Neato, if you're sure to get into them you might just end up watching all of their content anyway, but I'll list some stuff still.

I think their Brawls are some good fun and you'll get some Woolie action in there if you're not use to his voice yet. I also think Homecoming is the same kind of fun as the Downpour LP, so once you finish Downpour you can move onto that if you still want more of that. Resident Evil 4 is also a pretty good one. I also think RE: Revelaitons 2 is one of their best as well. If you want to get to know Liam you might enjoy his first appearance in Metroid Fusion. If you feel like hating yourself, your life, or everyone you've ever loved then watch the Spindash Quick Looks of dumb Sonic games or watch Sonic Adventure.

And for their first ever full LP there's always Resident Evil 2.

It's a bit hard to pick only a few since I enjoy ever LP for different reasons, but I think what I listed is sort of fine. Also yeah, refer to the OP for some other good shit. Especially Barkley.

Holy shit... lttp, but just saw Jurassic World and... it's not only not crap, it's actually good?
What decade am I living in!?!
Thanks for recommending that, best friends, don't think I would have ever tried it otherwise.

This Yata game looks pretty nice. Too bad I live on the other side of the country from all my friends that I play fighting games with. And none of my online friends seem to be into fighting games much.

Archgan

Art of L presents: The most salty man in the world
tumblr_nrb87vR6161s897f9o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nrb87vR6161s897f9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrb87vR6161s897f9o3_1280.jpg
tumblr_nrb87vR6161s897f9o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrb87vR6161s897f9o5_1280.jpg

I'm not crazy about Yatagarasu's character designs, but I actually don't like most of 3S's either, so I guess that's to be expected. The gameplay looks good, I like the idea of universal utility moves (overheads, sweeps, etc.) on a 3S shell. Anything interesting going on with the combo system, or just standard (but well-balanced) faire?

I'm not crazy about Yatagarasu's character designs, but I actually don't like most of 3S's either, so I guess that's to be expected. The gameplay looks good, I like the idea of universal utility moves (overheads, sweeps, etc.) on a 3S shell. Anything interesting going on with the combo system, or just standard (but well-balanced) faire?

The combos are like KoF which makes sense since the dev team is made up of ex SNK guys.

Woolie won't eat anything even vaguely related to breakfast, possibly to the extent of physical reaction, while Pat is just made upset by the puzzle but still gets them done. Woolie definitely.

Pat's hatred for sliding puzzles isn't even remarkable. It's barely more than a normal person hates them, and possibly slightly less than Pat hates most random things (such as but not limited to: solicitors, California, Seattle, fire alarms, trying to transfer software across Nintendo hardware, dead pixels, people touching his TV, non-damp toothpaste, retail, and The Evil Within).

Pat's hatred for sliding puzzles isn't even remarkable. It's barely more than a normal person hates them, and possibly slightly less than Pat hates most random things (such as but not limited to: solicitors, California, Seattle, fire alarms, trying to transfer software across Nintendo hardware, dead pixels, people touching his TV, non-damp toothpaste, retail, and The Evil Within).
I can at least sympathize with him on this one as I've had that sort of situation like he's described, and having to put up with fire drill bullshit during K-12 grade has made me especially irritable to sudden loud noises (especially of that pitch).

You are awfully generous with that list.

I can think of a dozen or more things Pat hates.

You forgot his worst enemy:

INSECTS

Wow, Woolies salt during that Mystery Box is empowering. I find it interesting that he has so much hate for a series he's never read.

I read probably the first 40 of those when I was a kid

Skrams

I think his hatred stems from the fact that slide puzzles defeat him. He has no recourse to fight them besides resorting to a guide which is still admitting defeat. Most of the things you listed aren't progress blockers and he can fight against. Slide puzzles just make him feel like less of a man overall.
This is some Youtube level backseat gaming bullshit. At least have something to say when you criticize someone plox.
He expressed disappointment at their choice considering the level they just went through. I'm not sure what else you really want from that.

Besides that I'm kind of surprised they bother with Life upgrades. I find Life upgrades to be boring and I'd rather always be a glass cannon with high damage or a larger moveset. I guess that's just Woolies Blanka style always rising to the top though.

Honestly this early in the game, health and damage are kinda meh(and machine guns are crap for damage(that stun though!) and should never be leveled until you have no other choice). Although of the two, health is probably the better early game choice as it makes more of a noticeable difference. Air dashes is where its at early game(one more level would have saved his life against that boss several times I think)... if you know how to use them, and after bloodborne and DS2 I'd like to think Woolie has at least a basic idea on how to properly use a dodge roll(except the dash is way better then the dodge roll in just about every way, making it relatively easy to use). And of course keeping the sensor ability up is always a good idea, so you don't have to deal with bullshit(also finding hidden stuff). Once he get close to the... lets call it 'the halfway point', damage will get much more important(and air dashing so you just don't get hit at all as the usefulness of health starts to fall off).

...Did I mention I beat this game five times? Its so fucking fucking great.

Besides that I'm kind of surprised they bother with Life upgrades. I find Life upgrades to be boring and I'd rather always be a glass cannon with high damage or a larger moveset. I guess that's just Woolies Blanka style always rising to the top though.

Bloodborne has poisoned his mind with stamina
or was that pat?
Personally I also prefer high damage though not full glass cannon, more like 75/25% split of offense/defense though I can understand why the opposite can be beneficial.

Best Friends Play Her Story (Part 2)
Youtube

Website

There are few things I love more than an intriguing mystery, now I'm invested. So we have seven plotlines-

1) The Murder of Simon - Who killed him? Both of them found him?
2) Two Woman - Hannah and Eve are twins. Which is which?
3) Childhood - We only heard from Eve's side.
4) Growing up - They switch places all the time. Hannah never called Eve her twin?
5) Sex Life - Carl was the first. Hannah was shy. Eve approaches the boys.
6) Simon - Hannah was in love with Simon.
7) Pregnant - Eve was pregnant? Had a miscarriage?

He expressed disappointment at their choice considering the level they just went through. I'm not sure what else you really want from that.

You're right. I should just stop posting drunk.
Again.

ArjanN

Yeah, was a bit surprised by that as well, glass cannon is pretty much always the way to go with a well designed game. Just use your own skill to avoid damage and your higher attack damage also kills everything much faster.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I think Woolie was a little gunshy at dying so many times to the first boss and thought the life upgrades would help the LP. If it wasn't a blind run LP, he might have chosen differently.

Randy42

Am I the only one secretly hoping that P5 is the first full Pat/Liam/Woolie LP even tho it would be like 100 parts minimum if they kept to 30 minute segments if they didn't cut anything ?

Alfebit

Banned
Am I the only one secretly hoping that P5 is the first full Pat/Liam/Woolie LP even tho it would be like 100 parts minimum if they kept to 30 minute segments if they didn't cut anything ?

If that were to happen I should hope with Liam there it won't devolve into just waifu talk.

Randy42

If that were to happen I should hope with Liam there it won't devolve into just waifu talk.
Waifu Wars would be a good way to keep conversation going during slower floor clearing times

I don't want a Persona 3/4/5 LP ever. The structure is horrible for an LP.
Unless 5 shakes things up enough, I guess.

It works fine imo the only real issue is length which could be abated by cutting stuff like grinding (if it becomes necessary and what they did in nuzlocke) and maybe cutting re-clear of dungeons outside bosses if theres bonus bosses for doing them the second time similar to how P4 had.

I really want Persona 3 and/or 4 to stay on their no LP list (ton of stuff have gotten off the list tho like SH2 and RE4). If P5 changes the formula enough(I highly doubt it tho) I think I'd like to see a LP of it?

Edit:Also, Waifu Wars is a big nono for me. Even if it is just to fill space. Its terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom