• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh Kirby SS is like 4 videos

I need a big RPG that isn't Fromsoft stuff, and Earthbound isn't even that long.

Four videos is a good length for a tribute, most of the time people just do one-offs. Not that I wouldn't like to see Earthbound, just that I do think given the channel's history and Iwata's, Kirby probably is the best choice.

Though, they don't have to do a tribute LP, everyone memorializes (and grieves) in their own ways. The idea of doing an LP in tribute might seem too morbid or disingenuous to them for all I know.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
since were looking into getting back into gaming i say this should be the title
RIP Iwata The Man, The Myth, The Legend, A Programming Badass

The sentiment is a nice one, of course, but this thread is about the Best Friends. If we do get to reboot the thread in Gaming, the title will need to be something that tells people about the Best Friends. The whole point is to get new people into our little community.

Again, it's a nice sentiment, but not conducive to what we're trying to do.

Zenfalcia

After Nuzlocke I don't know if I ever want to see Pokemon on the channel ever again.

Earthbound, please.
I dunno, if or when pokken fighter gets a console release, pokemon will probably be on the channel, again.

edit: I assume you mean you don't want to see a mainline Pokemon RPG LP.

M-maybe there'll be some good news! Stay positive!

I think they, being mostly woolie, got their one pokemon LP and won't be doing any more soon.

unless Mother 3 is announced because Iwata wanted it to happen before he died then everything sucks and everything is not ok and its all sad times

Skrams

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal LP tho?

Edit: I imagine it must be tough for the best friends since their first video was a Kirby game and their theme is from Kirby.

Yeah sure.

Nuzlocke where the video is 15 minutes and they die to a random pokemon in the grass. Perfectly long enough to talk about how Gamefreak was super incompetent at programming and couldn't fit all of regular Johto on the cart so Iwata came in, fixed their shit code, and left them with enough room to put Kanto in.

Also a Kirby SS LP would be neat. Revival of Oldschool Playthroughs with Matt, Woolie, and Liam too.

Also god dammit fuck today so fucking much

MrHoot

Man, a horrible, horrible way to start a week. It's not just sad for me, it's just damn frustration. In the words of Woolie, "God fucking damn it". So untimely.

how about a Pokemon Coliseum game instead
XD or Gale of Darkness
also does Pat know about Iwata?
havent seen anything from his twitter account
everyone else talked about it but all i see is FF14 messages

Realized I had not started watching the Tormentum LP yet, and it's already the finale. Guess I'll plow through it this evening. Started watching the Her Story playthrough earlier this afternoon though as I figured I wasn't going to get to playing it anytime soon (nor was I that interested in playing it myself), but I'll go along the ride to see how Matt handles things.

Final? But this was the most fun LP next to the ride that is to hell.

gotta make room for hopefully Week of Iwata(the man deserves it) and Nier and Shenmue 2 LPs
and fuck it throw in an Iwata game LP for the hell of it
plus Rustlemania 2 the Rustling should be coming next month judging by Matts twitter background

Numb

gotta make room for hopefully Week of Iwata(the man deserves it) and Nier and Shenmue 2 LPs
and fuck it throw in an Iwata game LP for the hell of it
plus Rustlemania 2 the Rustling should be coming next month judging by Matts twitter background

They are on a surprising streak where i couldn't guess at all what was coming. I hope they don't go and announce before hand during the podcast or any other time. I am down for a week of Iwata tho.

You know what's messed up? I only realized that I heard about Tormentum on the Cooptional Podcast months ago when I saw the two keys and heard Pat and Woolie talk about the ending choices.

joe2187

Banned
Holy shit. Morally corrupt Pat is steam rolling it.
Pat is really bad at puzzles

I recently bought this in the Steam sale last week. A friend recommended it and the premise looks interesting.

They also have a cameo

latest

The credit sequence of Tormentum had me going like
spectre_what.gif

And yeah Pat is bad at puzzles and honestly I think half the reason is because he overthinks it and gives up before even trying to understand.

It really is the type of game that should have a single still image fringed in darkness and utter silence as the credits roll. I don't know how obviously talented artists putzed that up quite so badly.
It's a three man studio, possibly only one artist as far as I can tell.

I'd be willing to believe one guy thought it fit, I guess.

Geg

Yeah normally I wait and listen at work tuesday morning but I just had to listen to the beginning for the Iwata talk now

The idea of Pat getting kicked out of his own FC is hilarious lol.

Man every week Pat's shilling is getting me closer to resubbing. Just got to make it through finals.

Oh fuck, Liam is going to be the best cranky old man. "These damn kids just don't appreciate good anime! They should ban the young from all Japanese movies!"

Oh fuck, Liam is going to be the best cranky old man. "These damn kids just don't appreciate good anime! They should ban the young from all Japanese movies!"

"Back in my day we grew up with pure anime like Nep Nep and Madoka Magica, not all this unpure filth on the market these days!"

It's so great when Liam drops his never ending optimism to air his grievances about anything that makes him sound even more angry than Pat does over mundane things.

Skrams

you been living under a rock?
they fucking love the show

Pretty sure the one or two times its been brought up was partnered with Matt or them shitting on it because The CW or something. Also stuff about how none of them understands if this flash was in the same universe as the movies or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom