• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHoot

This is such a great game to drink bear to.

cracked_open_a_bear_tf2_by_shadowgod55563.png

Zenfalcia

Went back and watched USF4 Finals since I missed it and now I'm hoping the EVO talk on the podcast will be super good. A lot of shit to ramble about among all the stolen shit, hype sets, and Necalli getting announced. Jesus christ, all the stolen shit.

His like of mechs made him not notice the rest of the boring schlock I assumed I'm also not sure if I'd call that heavily telegraphed.
I thought it would be hilarious if it happened, but when it did actually happen that's a pretty big fuck you.
The biggest rollback. I'm not surprised it killed it for him really.
Last 2 evo matches were a killer. I hope they talk a lot about it on the podcast.

I think so too, he really likes those mechs and gundams. It wasn't but I want to say, it was the easiest bad writing to do since there was another season left. I agree, but i would have been more surprised if it did not happen. It is quite the plot ruiner since ruins the impact of previous events.
Two Best Friends Play Ride to Hell (Part 18)

Youtube
Site

You asked for it.
I can't believe it's still ongoing.
I hope it never ends.

aly

At the part, where they talk about the training stages, and I totally get Liam and Woolies points. It's perfectly valid, but from a selfish spectator pov, I have to agree with Pat and Matt. The training stage in SF IV and so far V is hideous to look at. I think its the grid lines that bother me, where just a plain color wouldn't be as much of a boring problem.

Pat had an absolutely valid point in the middle of that, though. If you're going to argue that players should be able to demand to play on Training Stage, they should also be able to demand that their opponent uses the default costume and colors for the character. A few of the costumes are actually far more capable of causing a meaningful difference in player reactions than someone getting a little too hype about a background dinosaur.

The actual reason players want to use the Training Stage is because they use the lines as a cheat sheet for their zones, especially in footsies. They're just being lazy. They should explicitly have Training Stage removed from their options so they have to actually learn to eyeball their range without grid guides.

Anung

Un Rama
Seriously, July was pretty barren as far as major releases were concerned. Hell, even minor releases.

Oh, boo. Cookie crumbles and all that.

Not so many big big releases but there's been plenty of smaller stuff, Astebreed, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, N++, Journey, Rocket League, Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess, GOW3, Godzilla, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (in NA) Plenty to make a video about if they were so inclined.

Yeah Pat's really on the nose on Dallas not being a cowboy hat city. Dallas is pretty different from other Texas cities. Most people who wear cowboy hats don't live in the city tho. They must have caught Dallas when we're in our dry spell because its pretty humid in the summer. Or maybe its way super humid in Montreal or something.

explodet

Not so many big big releases but there's been plenty of smaller stuff, Astebreed, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, N++, Journey, Rocket League, Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess, GOW3, Godzilla, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (in NA) Plenty to make a video about if they were so inclined.
ASTABREEDUH

You're right of course. I'm just kinda disappointed that there were so many ports/remasters. But that's hardly the Zaibatsu's fault.

Numb

Glad the crew is excited for Rising Thunder. Can't wait to see their vid. Also smart of the devs to release the alpha of it the day after SFV beta.
I wonder if they would do a vid for the SFV beta aswell. I hope so.

ArjanN

Pat had an absolutely valid point in the middle of that, though. If you're going to argue that players should be able to demand to play on Training Stage, they should also be able to demand that their opponent uses the default costume and colors for the character. A few of the costumes are actually far more capable of causing a meaningful difference in player reactions than someone getting a little too hype about a background dinosaur.

Yeah, I also think Woolie's general point that EVO is for the players is a bit eh. Honestly I think it's grown beyond that at this point.

Jeez the argument about training stage is just annoying. Nothing wrong with training stage. I'm not paying attention to the stage unless it's a fighting game where stages actually matter.

At the part, where they talk about the training stages, and I totally get Liam and Woolies points. It's perfectly valid, but from a selfish spectator pov, I have to agree with Pat and Matt. The training stage in SF IV and so far V is hideous to look at. I think its the grid lines that bother me, where just a plain color wouldn't be as much of a boring problem.
The grid lines are the part that's necessary though, but I agree that Training stage shouldn't be an option, as long as the shitty Jurassic Park stage is also banned. I'm pretty sure training stage was banned at CEO.
Yeah, I also think Woolie's general point that EVO is for the players is a bit eh. Honestly I think it's grown beyond that at this point.

It has, I've heard that excuse too often.

I was fairly satisfied with that podcast. I'm looking forward to seeing how Ride to Hell finishes, the DLC does not seem well polished at all so I'm expecting it to be glorious.

That new LP better be Liam and Pat ;-; The driving game one offs were okay but I need my RPG LP.

I was fairly satisfied with that podcast. I'm looking forward to seeing how Ride to Hell finishes, the DLC does not seem well polished at all so I'm expecting it to be glorious.

That new LP better be Liam and Pat ;-; The driving game one offs were okay but I need my RPG LP.

CMON Earthbound
its short enough for an LP
ill also take Nier as an alternative

I have to disagree with Woolie about the Training Stage. Man watching those USF4 fights felt kinda bland with that stage. It would be cool if Capcom had static backgrounds kinda like how Skullgirls (I think its only for PC?) have it in the options. I'd love to see that dinosaur stage with a static background.

I have to disagree with Woolie about the Training Stage. Man watching those USF4 fights felt kinda bland with that stage. It would be cool if Capcom had static backgrounds kinda like how Skullgirls (I think its only for PC?) have it in the options. I'd love to see that dinosaur stage with a static background.

Just add blood effects and turn it into a Splatoon stage

Yeah Pat's really on the nose on Dallas not being a cowboy hat city. Dallas is pretty different from other Texas cities. Most people who wear cowboy hats don't live in the city tho. They must have caught Dallas when we're in our dry spell because its pretty humid in the summer. Or maybe its way super humid in Montreal or something.

I've heard Dallas-Fort Worth is getting pretty liberal these days, even, and it's been attracting tech sector jobs that are trying to move away from places with obscenely high costs of living. I think it's pretty much the opposite of what most people expect when they think of Texas.

aly

I feel an odd sense of loss with Ride to Hell ending.

I've heard Dallas-Fort Worth is getting pretty liberal these days, even, and it's been attracting tech sector jobs that are trying to move away from places with obscenely high costs of living. I think it's pretty much the opposite of what most people expect when they think of Texas.

Dallas is indeed a pretty liberal city where a lot of tech jobs are moving to. I noticed several businesses in San Francisco are buying buildings and hiring down there due to costs being much more manageable. I feel like many places in Texas are nice to live in if people can get over their generalizations/ stereotypes of the area and the South in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom