• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

This EVO man.
And Woolie in SFV too.
Podcast will be tight. I don't even remember what other news happened during the past week.

My1b.png

Also forgot it was Liam day today.
Committing sudoku as apology.

Zenfalcia

That means I am the real winner!
Those last 2 really drained the energy out of me.
Last year only Woolie saw it and they barely talked about it, it was a huge bummer.
They saw the max highlights I think? I remember they talked a little about that. Maybe thet watched it this year! #beleive. Except pat was probably grinding ff14, laim probably watched some animes or played vidyas, and matt might have watched ki or mkx?

Skrams

It was heavily telegraphed. It was the most obvious twist. Did he even finish Aldnoah.Zero S2? I don't think he did.
I'm not sure which twist you mean, but he didn't even start S2 since all the rollback Liam told him about.

I still don't know if this counts, but the wording for this bet has become pretty shit over the past few years. Pat seemed to say "playable in some form in the west," which this is, but he probably won't let it count. He also said he would double down forever, but he's backpedaling on that too so I don't see Pat giving anything up.

This EVO was pretty good, aside from that Infiltration vs Gamerbee fight. Xrd definitely had the hypest Top 8. Also, woolie announced for SF5 which is cool.

So the winners of Ultimax didn't get gold sticks like everyone else.

Of course, those sticks are only for the winners of real fighting games like smash bros

Yeah, the bet still goes, but it's a step in the right direction at least.

explodet

I still don't know if this counts, but the wording for this bet has become pretty shit over the past few years. Pat seemed to say "playable in some form in the west," which this is, but he probably won't let it count. He also said he would double down forever, but he's backpedaling on that too so I don't see Pat giving anything up.
They are going to argue about it for an hour on the podcast.

And fans will argue about it for much much longer than that.

Zenfalcia

I'm not sure which twist you mean, but he didn't even start S2 since all the rollback Liam told him about.
It seemed Woolie was okay with everything in S1. Despite it being quite flawed. Spoilers for S2:
The twist I am talking about is the fact that Inaho/the MC got shot in the head and did not die. Same thing as the Princess.
Somehow that killed it for Woolie.

Skrams

Went back and watched USF4 Finals since I missed it and now I'm hoping the EVO talk on the podcast will be super good. A lot of shit to ramble about among all the stolen shit, hype sets, and Necalli getting announced. Jesus christ, all the stolen shit.

It seemed Woolie was okay with everything in S1. Despite it being quite flawed. Spoilers for S2:
The twist I am talking about is the fact that Inaho/the MC got shot in the head and did not die. Same thing as the Princess.
Somehow that killed it for Woolie.

His like of mechs made him not notice the rest of the boring schlock I assumed I'm also not sure if I'd call that heavily telegraphed.
I thought it would be hilarious if it happened, but when it did actually happen that's a pretty big fuck you.
The biggest rollback. I'm not surprised it killed it for him really.

Went back and watched USF4 Finals since I missed it and now I'm hoping the EVO talk on the podcast will be super good. A lot of shit to ramble about among all the stolen shit, hype sets, and Necalli getting announced. Jesus christ, all the stolen shit.

It's Evo. You should be as/more paranoid with your shit than you would be at your local arcade, which is to say you should basically go in with your wallet strapped to your chest, underneath a bomb rigged to detonate if your wallet is removed.

It's Evo. You should be as/more paranoid with your shit than you would be at your local arcade, which is to say you should basically go in with your wallet strapped to your chest, underneath a bomb rigged to detonate if your wallet is removed.

The sad thing is that it you shouldn't need to be.

I mean all these thefts at EVO, and the biggest theft of all
Razer's stick malfunction that ruined the hype ;-;

If you want to play PSO2, you really should just move to Japan.
More or less. I loved PSO back in the day and was excited for 2, but too much time has passed that anyone who actually wanted to play that game already did it years ago.

The only thing that keeps this game interesting to me is how Pat and Liam's bet continues to escalate over it. And frankly, I don't want that aspect to stop ever.

How is it like monster hunter? I only ever played monster hunter.
This is one of those weird situations where the game that it's said to be similar to was already inspired by Phantasy Star Online. So Monster Hunter is effectively a PSO-like. But I digress.

The main similarities is that you have a hub area/lobby you hang out in and you select missions or quests that take you to different areas. It's not really about taking on huge monsters like MonHun is.

This is one of those weird situations where the game that it's said to be similar to was already inspired by Phantasy Star Online. So Monster Hunter is effectively a PSO-like. But I digress.

The main similarities is that you have a hub area/lobby you hang out in and you select missions or quests that take you to different areas. It's not really about taking on huge monsters like MonHun is.

why not just play ARR then since Pat basicly said its a better MonHun

There are structural similarities like the hub/mission based world, vendors to craft better weapons/upgrade weapons, etc. but from what I've seen its more quest/level based than just taking out monsters. And it feels a lot different as an action game than MH does. It also has a sci-fi aesthetic to add to it

why not just play ARR then since Pat basicly said its a better MonHun

$$$

PSO2 is F2P (and not the crappy kind). FFXIV is also just really different in its combat compared to PSO2 since PSO is more of an action game.

Numb

So, what's the deal with the whole reboot thing? Is it happening? If it is then I suggest we take the Nintendo route and call it "New Super Best Friends Thread"

Too confusing. Like the 3DS. Let's go with ''Super Ultra Best Friends Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha Omega Kaizer Wolfgunblood Garopa The Next Generation Thread''

explodet

Too confusing. Like the 3DS. Let's go with ''Super Ultra Best Friends Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha Omega Kaizer Wolfgunblood Garopa The Next Generation Thread''
Super Best Friends Fighting Actress Love Ulti-climax Xrd:late Boost Extend

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
SBFTR: Wanna know if we changed? YOU DONT KNOW. Check out this Thread and find out!

"Complete the actually impossible mission directive!" Ugh, wow. I'm not sure how, but this is where the game design has become actively offensive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom