• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyboard slaps make me giggle.

wanted-keyboard-smack-o.gif

Anyone here watch Steven Universe? I just caught up and boy
I just realized how much Garnet is basically a Jager from Pacific Rim. Sapphire and Ruby are her pilots. The show is fucking awesome as well but holy shit.

JoJo94

Emi knows at least 2 words for L.

Legs

Anyone here watch Steven Universe? I just caught up and boy
I just realized how much Garnet is basically a Jager from Pacific Rim. Sapphire and Ruby are her pilots. The show is fucking awesome as well but holy shit.

I am extremely behind but every episode I have seen is great to the point where it has become my favorite show. Need to catch up one day. The music is incredible!

JoJo94

I made that joke about myself!! YOU CAN'T BEAT ME.

Ah we'll see about that.

One thing that keeps bothering me is
the fact that you can't teleport between locations. You have to keep going back to the hub for some reason and the incredibly long loading times kind of kill the pacing. Seems like a weird design choice. Dark Souls had it figured out.

Yeah that started bothering me a few minutes ago. Not too bad personally though.

One thing that keeps bothering me is
the fact that you can't teleport between locations. You have to keep going back to the hub for some reason and the incredibly long loading times kind of kill the pacing. Seems like a weird design choice. Dark Souls had it figured out.
I wonder if it's to increase the significance of the hub world and prevent people from ignoring it or not visiting often.
The tombstones feel very Demons' Souls-y
The long load times are the only part that bother me.

Yo I might pick this up. I never had a nintendo console, so I wanna see all the hype is about Paper Mario.

If you watched the SMRPG LP, it's pretty much that, but so much more charming and really cool how they use the paper physics to make Mario and his pals do things.

Also, why haven't you ever had a Nintendo console?!

[

I am extremely behind but every episode I have seen is great to the point where it has become my favorite show. Need to catch up one day. The music is incredible!

Dude you should try to catch up as soon as you can. There are entire main characters that you could get spoiled on. It's honest;y one of the best western cartoons currently in my opinion. How far are you currently?

Then it's not done very well, significantly worse than
Demons' Souls hub system
. The fact that
leveling, shops and weapon forging
take place there already makes it incredibly important. Nobody is going to ignore the hub for long. Yet now, also partly due to the loading times, it just feels like it's intentionally slowing down the pacing of the game. You have to keep taking an extra, completely unnecessary step.
Yeah, I'm wondering if it's to discourage grinding as well, but it's greatly exaggerated by load times. Personally I'm so absolutely amazed with everything else I'm actually finding it hard to have the heart to give the game flak.
Yeah I think I'll go pick up some of the older nintendo console stuff later. I just don't have the money for it. I've also been meaning to pick up a DC just for stuff like PSO and Crazy Taxi.
Crazy Taxi is so fucking good. I wish I could rip my Dreamcast bios and throw my disc in my computer. The PC port sucks and DC emulation sucks.

JoJo94

Then it's not done very well, significantly worse than
Demons' Souls hub system
. The fact that
leveling, shops and weapon forging
take place there already makes it incredibly important. Nobody is going to ignore the hub for long. Yet now, also partly due to the loading times, it just feels like it's intentionally slowing down the pacing of the game. You have to keep taking an extra, completely unnecessary step.

Yeah it's not a huge problem or anything, but it just seems like a very unnecessary issue.

Oh yeah I agree to that.
Could have been done away with. Only negative part for me is that I keep trying to sit at the lamps and accidentally go to the hub.

Dude you should try to catch up as soon as you can. There are entire main characters that you could get spoiled on. It's honest;y one of the best western cartoons currently in my opinion. How far are you currently?

I just catch it whenever an episode is on and I have time so it's random. I do plan to watch them in order though. Some things I have spoiled for myself
(Garnet)
but for the most part all the big things I have seen some of. It is one of the best in my opinions too...Rebecca Sugar is amazing.

JoJo94

Haha, yeah, I've had some
Souls stuff stick for a while as well. I'd keep pressing triangle to change weapon forms (and use a healing item in the process) and keep clicking L3 to run among other things. It'll fade.

Yeah. If the loading times were somehow greatly improved, it would not be a problem. Also, I'm the opposite. I really love the fucking game and could gush about the smallest details for hours. It's exactly the small issues here and there (bad framerate, poor camera in close quarters, long loading times etc.) that I talk about as they stick out in between everything else that's amazing.

Hell, I love the soul series, but I already love this more than Demons' Souls and Dark Souls 2. It's closing in on Dark Souls 1 as well and I've just started playing.

I am so lucky that I get use to controls quickly. Only thing that messes me up is that I keep accidentally shooting but that's fading away more and more. "Parrying" seems easier so far though.

Note: Currently playing offline until I get PS +

I just catch it whenever an episode is on and I have time so it's random. I do plan to watch them in order though. Some things I have spoiled for myself
(Garnet)
but for the most part all the big things I have seen some of. It is one of the best in my opinions too...Rebecca Sugar is amazing.

Ah. Too bad about you being spoiled about
Garnet
, but have you seen the episode where it happens?
The song is fucking awesome.

JoJo94

Ah. Too bad about you being spoiled about
Garnet
, but have you seen the episode where it happens?
The song is fucking awesome.

Ah it's fine. I spoiled it because of the song lol. But it doesn't bother me because I haven't seen the full episode. Matter of fact I just got a Steven Universe print in yesterday that I ordered.

Haha, yeah, I've had some
Souls stuff stick for a while as well. I'd keep pressing triangle to change weapon forms (and use a healing item in the process) and keep clicking L3 to run among other things. It'll fade.

Yeah. If the loading times were somehow greatly improved, it would not be a problem. Also, I'm the opposite. I really love the fucking game and could gush about the smallest details for hours. It's exactly the small issues here and there (bad framerate, poor camera in close quarters, long loading times etc.) that I talk about as they stick out in between everything else that's amazing.

Hell, I love the soul series, but I already love this more than Demons' Souls and Dark Souls 2. It's closing in on Dark Souls 1 as well and I've just started playing.
I've been using healing items on accident too. And yeah man, I normally do get nitpicky when I love stuff, but this has blown me the fuck away. I wasn't expecting something that's very possibly far better than it's peers.

JoJo94

Wait... than do you know what she's singing about?
And her whole deal with fusions?

Garnet was separated into Ruby and Sapphire somehow, and I am guessing the loved each other since the scene I saw they kissed and refused into Garnet. She's singing about how both the gems are strong because of their love, and what they care for I think.

Can't wait for Sen Ran

Alright. I only seen some of it and its pretty interesting.

grew up with Playstation. My parents only bought Playstation stuff.

I remember going to a friends house one time whom had a N64, and we played SM64, Pokemon Stadium, and some other classics for the console and Mario just never appeal to me as a kid, the thought of an Italian dude running around in bibbed overalls jumping on shit just seemed weird to me. So I just went back home and popped in Bushido Blade and FF7 and went on my merry way.

-- For those of you who are interested in KI--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WjCCxHzHw

God damn it Max, tell Microsoft to bring KI to PC.

Hey is jack here? I wanna tell him I found a way better youtube version of p3 movie 2 thats neither slanted, or pitched down.
I didnt even look for this youtube recommended it.

I think it's crazy that people grew up older than me and didn't start on 2D games. I had Liam's time capsule childhood to a small degree. My uncle and dad had a NES and I had my own SNES. I remember watching my dad try and beat Mega Man 1.

Garnet was separated into Ruby and Sapphire somehow, and I am guessing the loved each other since the scene I saw they kissed and refused into Garnet. She's singing about how both the gems are strong because of their love, and what they care for I think.

Yep, you got the gist. She was
seperated
by the "fancy tools" she mentions in the song. The one she Rising Tackle'd out of the other Gem's hand!
latest

Also, you know about the rap they added into the song?

Yeah, neither was I. It's fucking fantastic. However, I've reached
Old Yharnam
and the framerate has completely shit itself and has started to even stutter every now and then. Is that normal?.
I had some stutter in the first area, yeah. Especially bad the first time I went through there.

Someone should tell Pat and Liam about this potential leak.

I know they're big fan of the Paper Mario franchise. I bet it would wash out the nasty taste they received from Sticker Star.

Shackzam

I remember going to a friends house one time whom had a N64, and we played SM64, Pokemon Stadium, and some other classics for the console and Mario just never appeal to me as a kid, the thought of an Italian dude running around in bibbed overalls jumping on shit just seemed weird to me. So I just went back home and popped in Bushido Blade and FF7 and went on my merry way.

-- For those of you who are interested in KI--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WjCCxHzHw

God damn it Max, tell Microsoft to bring KI to PC.
If it comes to pc, my xbone will just gather dust.

Man, crafts is kicking my ass. I'm fucking horrible at as it. Right now we're quilling, and I have no idea what i'm doing. I need to find a way to pass this class, I need fine arts credits. By the way, I finally got to the spreadsheet. I put my PSN id in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom