• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project Spark?
Halo?
Forza?
Project Spark: Looks alright, not really something that's gonna make someone buy a console though unless they love games like that.
Halo: Hahahaha. No.
Forza: I guess, if you enjoy racing games.
Just the one platinum game that we haven't seen yet.

I didn't even know Platinum was making an Xbone exclusive game.
Yall the reason SWERY is sleeping in a box. Shill better nerds.
I can't see anyone within reason spending $400+ to play one game, I'm kicking myself for even considering buying a PS3 for Persona 5 when it comes out.

Wait what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vjOgZgdDc8
Listen to the original. A lot of the fans thought that Peridot(the character who starts rapping) would start rapping in the song, because the first thing she said was super lyrical, and a lot of people were disappointed. This part of the song was perfect for a breakdown, so someone on tumblr wrote the lyrics, another recorded it, and now someone's animating it into the song.

croten

Project Spark: Looks alright, not really something that's gonna make someone buy a console though unless they love games like that.
Halo: Hahahaha. No.
Forza: I guess, if you enjoy racing games.

I didn't even know Platinum was making an Xbone exclusive game.

Dude Halo might not be as good as it was but it still has a huge draw.

How the hell did you not know about Scalebound when you post here?

JoJo94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vjOgZgdDc8
Listen to the original. A lot of the fans thought that Peridot(the character who starts rapping) would start rapping in the song, because the first thing she said was super lyrical, and a lot of people were disappointed. This part of the song was perfect for a breakdown, so someone on tumblr wrote the lyrics, another recorded it, and now someone's animating it into the song.

Okay I knew some people though she was going to rap...I did too didn't think something like this would happen.

DARK DREAMS DONT DIE NERD
I watched the LP, it really didn't do anything for me.
No idea why it was fun to watch the LP.
Dude Halo might not be as good as it was but it still has a huge draw.

How the hell did you not know about Scalebound when you post here?

It's not the game that turns me off, it's the shitty player base. Halo is somewhat of a fun FPS when it comes to playing the campaign, but when it comes to multiplayer it's a nightmare.

Because I care about what goes on with the Xbone so little (Outside of KI) that I just never found out, if it was talked about here I probably missed it.

I'm not that big of a fan of Platinum, they make good games, but I don't put them on a pedestal like some do.

I'm not gonna drop money on it till I have way wayyyy more details, but I'm plenty excited for a new Platinum IP.

The SBF talked about it at length like a billion times lol
If it was on the Podcast, I don't listen to it weekly, usually once in awhile for background noise to work to.

If it was in a video I probably just didn't pay enough attention to look it up.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
We know diddly squat about Scalebound, but the pedigree of the developer and the infusion of money/support is enough to get me interested. CG trailers can help establish a general tone, or key visual design. Otherwise, they're nothing to base concrete judgment on, either positive or negative.

Zenfalcia

Which is why I fear it never will.

Can you think of any other games on the Xbone worth playing?

Because I can't.
KI? TV, TV, TV, SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS.
I am saying Team Fake, simply because I don't want to play something on my 3ds.

I am terrible.
Damn, that's harsh, i don't mind playing on my 3ds. I like lying down and playing games. The top screen is too high resolution imo, there's no icon to select the game, since it just booted into it, and there's no gameplay, just a screenshot.

Damn, that's harsh, i don't mind playing on my 3ds. I like lying down and playing games. The top screen is too high resolution imo, there's no icon to select the game, since it just booted into it, and there's no gameplay, just a screenshot.

Besides KI

croten

It's not the game that turns me off, it's the shitty player base. Halo is somewhat of a fun FPS when it comes to playing the campaign, but when it comes to multiplayer it's a nightmare.

I'm not talking about weather you like it or not, I'm talking about it being the primary reason for most people to buy an Xbone.

Kamiya's name on Scalebound is more than enough for me to justify buying an xbone. Stuff like Ori, KI, Halo, SO, D4, etc. is just icing on the cake, but Scalebound was always the draw. We'll probably see more of it during E3, and hopefully some gameplay or at least in engine stuff.

Xiraiya

9Ba48f.png

4pKIax.png
Been having a good time in Xenoverse, Ginyu stealing your body and making you the Villain for a short time was really rad to see and was also kind of problematic for me.

I really like what I've seen of the main antagonists so far, as far as DBZ Villains go, they're immediately more interesting than most of the others honestly.
While there are plenty of fairly minor issues and quirks in the game that need to be ironed out in the next installment.

Considering it's the first DBZ game in over a decade worth getting hyped about, it feels like the game was made with plenty of love and I really, really appreciate it for what it is, so far.

Squishy3

Been having a good time in Xenoverse, Ginyu stealing your body and making you the Villain for a short time was really rad to see and was also kind of problematic for me.

I really like what I've seen of the main antagonists so far, as far as DBZ Villains go, they're immediately more interesting than most of the others honestly.
While there are plenty of fairly minor issues and quirks in the game that need to be ironed out in the next installment.

Considering it's the first DBZ game in over a decade worth getting hyped out, it feels like the game was made with plenty of love and I really, really appreciate it for what it is, so far.
You're already a criminal anyway, Ginyu saw you for who you truly are. A filthy Australian.

Psst (Zen's joking about how they don't even care about KI hence TV TV Sports)
Sorry, humor and sarcasm doesn't translate well via text.
I'm not talking about weather you like it or not, I'm talking about it being the primary reason for most people to buy an Xbone.

I realize that, I was just pointing out the fact that people like me won't because of the player base, along with other FPS's as well. Once you beat the campaign in an FPS (unless you're the type of need to get all achievements/ trophies) then all that's left is the multiplayer, and if that isn't enjoyable then it's not worth buying the game.

If someone wants to throw $400 at just playing Halo, then that's fine, it's not my money, but fuck that's crazy.
I love KI, I loved it to death as a kid, but I won't ever bring myself to spend a little over $500 just to play that alone. I could do way better shit with that $500 then spend it on a video game.
I just find it to be bullshit that they even make console exclusives anymore, I know it's to make money, I get that, but the fact that I would have to throw out $1300 dollars to play all the fighters this gen is crazy. (Given I didn't have a PC for SF5)

Ori? Oh wait that's on PC. Cuphead? Oh wait PC later too. D4? Maybe a PC thing too. I dunno man. Halo? Eh
D4 will probably come to PC before KI will.
Kinnect games.
Lol.
netflix is a game, right?

TV tho.
But Harry Potter Kinect though.
Is that even on Xbone? Idk.

Zenfalcia

Anyway I think objectively saying there's nothing on a console is always dumb, if you personally don't have a draw, sure, but there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for you. Making fun of bad marketing is always fun though.SPORTS THO
It's better to say that it has less than the competition. Excluding multi-plat of course.

TV!

sjay1994

I physically can't do it. I've ranted about the 3ds so much in this thread. I honestly believe its the worst nintendo handheld I've ever owned in terms of build quality. I am annoyed because I KNOW the software is great, but I can't play it properly on this handheld.

And the inverse is on vita. The hardware is fantastic, but it doesn't have enough software. The only games coming to vita are weird Japanese games I probably won't play, indies who are roped into making a vita version because of Sony's universal platform coverage, and DAN.

And honestly after DAN, I don't know if I will ever use my vita again.

sjay1994

Considering it's the first DBZ game in over a decade worth getting hyped about, it feels like the game was made with plenty of love and I really, really appreciate it for what it is, so far.

That makes that TFSplays supercut make a lot more sense now.

If someone wants to throw $400 at just playing Halo, then that's fine, it's not my money, but fuck that's crazy.
I love KI, I loved it to death as a kid, but I won't ever bring myself to spend a little over $500 just to play that alone. I could do way better shit with that $500 then spend it on a video game.
I just find it to be bullshit that they even make console exclusives anymore, I know it's to make money, I get that, but the fact that I would have to throw out $1300 dollars to play all the fighters this gen is crazy. (Given I didn't have a PC for SF5)
We just mentioned a pretty good handful of exclusives, and if that's not enough for you personally, sure. If you personally don't want to spend your money that way, it's up to you, but there's nothing wrong or special about the Xbone versus wanting a PS4 for some exclusive or wanting a WiiU for some exclusive.

Exclusives are one of the biggest ways consoles get shipped. Companies don't give a shit that it's expensive for you to want to play all their games, that's what they want, lol

croten

Sorry, humor and sarcasm doesn't translate well via text.

I realize that, I was just pointing out the fact that people like me won't because of the player base, along with other FPS's as well. Once you beat the campaign in an FPS (unless you're the type of need to get all achievements/ trophies) then all that's left is the multiplayer, and if that isn't enjoyable then it's not worth buying the game.

Sure but Halo has been selling the xbox since the Xbox original. It's always been the killer app and people will buy it on the brand alone. Fighting games are far more niche than FPS games.

Why didn't you make a saiyan girl waifu tho?

Zenfalcia

I physically can't do it. I've ranted about the 3ds so much in this thread. I honestly believe its the worst nintendo handheld I've ever owned in terms of build quality. I am annoyed because I KNOW the software is great, but I can't play it properly on this handheld.

And the inverse is on vita. The hardware is fantastic, but it doesn't have enough software. The only games coming to vita are weird Japanese games I probably won't play, indies who are roped into making a vita version because of Sony's universal platform coverage, and DAN.

And honestly after DAN, I don't know if I will ever use my vita again.
It's not quite the same nintendo quality as the older handheld consoles. I wish the screens were higher in resolution, and that the hard ware was better. The vita would do so well if they just had the Ps1, ps2, and PSP libraries available to play.

There'll be something that might make you play your vita again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom