• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

Nah, that's lame. Gray side for life.

.Man, that's the PERFECT gif.

225px-Neutral_President.jpg

Shut up Pat!!!

Alfebit

Banned
That's too depressing for my tastes

You're weak.

Pls no,
old fat men da worst

Mind break is fine though

I only have a problem with it if they focus on the dude extensively. If they're pretty much just a penis the whole time I don't care.

Mind break sounds super fucked up, I don't know what Netori is and the old men part is an automatic noooooooooo.

Mind break is basically fucking a girl until all she can think about is dicks.

You do have the internet at your fingertips, you can easily find out if you REALLY wanted to.

Hurray for no ambitions.

He should. It's more fun and kinky over here.
No ambitions is what gets you far in life, just look at Pat!

Fair enough, it's good to have practical skills for whatever, still sounds like you just haven't found that something that is a "you" thing you truly enjoy doing in your spare time.

90% of why I play video games is because I care about them, I guess it's a passion.
I care about what goes into making them, who made them, the thought process behind different mechanics and ascetic things and all that stuff. I care about the experience they're designed to give, Everything from the UI, to the music, the style of textures and all that stuff is put together to be one whole experience unique to that game.

I don't really give a shit about the business side of things because that gets in the way of the experience most of the time, it's not the most practical or even viable way to look at games with how the industry is right now, but I do believe it's the most important way to appreciate them.
I play video games..well I only really play a select genre of games anymore..RPG, RTS, Survival Horror, and Fighting Games.
I've gotten to a point in playing video games that they really aren't that fun for me anymore outside of fighters because I rarely get stuck on anything anymore, and when I do it normally just becomes a trial and error process learning patterns.
Same goes with coding, once you've learned all of the bread and butter stuff you use, there really isn't anything else, if you need to use something that isn't common, just look it up.

I feel like Farnsworth in that one episode of Futurama where he translates the meaning of life into an equation and there are no more questions left to answer.

I've gotten to a point in playing video games that they really aren't that fun for me anymore outside of fighters because I rarely get stuck on anything anymore, and when I do it normally just becomes a trial and error process learning patterns.
Same goes with coding, once you've learned all of the bread and butter stuff you use, there really isn't anything else, if you need to use something that isn't common, just look it up.
Dang those are like my two favorite things homie

I think Coding is a thinking exercise, not bread and butter. The basic stuff is just memorization but the fun shit is when you have to think about how to start solving the problem.

Zenfalcia

I made this strawpoll based on what I think would be bestGAF's preferences, among other things. I can think of a few things and learn something new from time to time. Some of it things I could have lived without.

Ah, yeah.
I remember, you could've gone deeper. It's better to know than not know. ;)
Yeah...the term makes it pretty clear what it's supposed to be.
Yes it does, it's also like hypnosis. Hypnosis is fun.
No ambitions is what gets you far in life, just look at Pat!
Pat is the epitome of no ambition.

Dang those are like my two favorite things homie

I think Coding is a thinking exercise, not bread and butter. The basic stuff is just memorization but the fun shit is when you have to think about how to start solving the problem.
My instructors have given me html and xhtml documents that I would have to fix before, most of the time it would just be a couple syntax errors, or the wrong code someone put in somewhere.
To me it's like fighting games, you learn your basic go to stuff, and then if you need some other things you just look them up.

I remember, you could've gone deeper. It's better to know than not know. ;)

Yes it does, it's also like hypnosis. Hypnosis is fun.

Pat is the epitome of no ambition.
Pat or Woolie.

Oberon

Banned
I like the feeling you get when do a sport after a long break, it's like "I really missed the way it hurts!"

Yeah, I am talking about dumb sword fights, what about that?
That cute girl wasn't there today, which was dissapointing

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I hate having to be a giant asshole to CSRs over the phone, but it looks like I have to be if I want Bloodborne by this weekend. Fucking Best Buy.

Yes they are.

I didn't choose coding as a career path because I find it really fun, I chose it because it doesn't irritate me to do and I'm somewhat good at it.
There's a bit of a balance you have to strike between doing something lucrative, something you're good at, and something you enjoy. Lucky people have them overlap.
I hate having to be a giant asshole to CSRs over the phone, but it looks like I have to be if I want Bloodborne by this weekend. Fucking Best Buy.
That really sucks yo

Ilvocare

Yo semi, I'm trying to like Wild Arms, I really am, but when I manage to dash around the game so hard that my character phases outside the bounds of the room and I can't get the fuck out, problems happen.

Luckily Cecilia's Watch seems perfectly made to counteract this problem, but if so then that's the laziest shit I've ever seen.

I like the feeling you get when do a sport after a long break, it's like "I really missed the way it hurts!"

Yeah, I am talking about dumb sword fights, what about that?
That cute girl wasn't there today, which was dissapointing

STOP LARPing AND GET INTO GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom