• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you who have finished P3 should definitely read the interview with Hashino and Soejima. It's really interesting. There's a whole section talking about social links and the party members being AI controlled.
Do you have a link? The loyalty system could be waaaay better implemented with your party.

Xiraiya

It's like you want the LP to be bad.
It would have been good for like the first 2 parts or so until they get beyond what Matt hasn't played, or he would just get bored and it would become a weird Nuzlocke situation where he's like "USE TACKLE THO" While Woolie and Pat are discussing strategies and gear.

Is there a trick to W
itch? I keep getting one down, get the other one most of the way, revives the other, have em both low, and then they snare me in a trap and do some command grab that OHKOs me

It would have been good for like the first 2 parts or so until they get beyond what Matt hasn't played, or he would just get bored and it would become a weird Nuzlocke situation where he's like "USE TACKLE THO" While Woolie and Pat are discussing strategies and gear.
jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

croten

I was using Nuzlocke as an example of a situation where 2 out of 3 people care about the game more than Matt, I would hope it wouldn't be that similar.

In the Nuzlocke no one cared, that was the problem. It had nothing to do with Matt specifically.

Is there a trick to W
itch? I keep getting one down, get the other one most of the way, revives the other, have em both low, and then they snare me in a trap and do some command grab that OHKOs me

Just git gud really. I killed
them
on my first try without any issues. Dodge like your blood depends on it when it gets to that phase.

I was using Nuzlocke as an example of a situation where 2 out of 3 people care about the game more than Matt, I would hope it wouldn't be that similar.
Ok. That makes more sense, where you're saying he'd be extremely tertiary, but that wouldn't be too bad. Matt getting uninterested is something that could happen when they're stuck on a boss or if I guess he wasn't interested, but considering he said he was gonna play it with Pat all that time ago, I think he's actually interested in it at the least.

360pages

It really depends on the game. Nuzlock failed somewhat mostly due to the fact that they really only had basic info about pokemon and locations. That and the Nuzlock part got in the way more than it enhanced the experience.

Zenfalcia

I can't get excited about much anymore.
At least you get excited about some stuff.
Ok. That makes more sense, where you're saying he'd be extremely tertiary, but that wouldn't be too bad. Matt getting uninterested is something that could happen when they're stuck on a boss or if I guess he wasn't interested, but considering he said he was gonna play it with Pat all that time ago, I think he's actually interested in it at the least.
It really doesn't help the LP when anyone who doesn't care about the game.

croten

Matt likes Victorian/Gothic art direction and Cthulhu-esque monster design.

I think he'd contribute more than detract from a BB LP.

I don't think a three way let's play would be very good considering they're going to switch over everytime they die but if it was just Mat and Pat I wouldn't mind. That being said I think Woolie is the better choice just because of the DS2 LP.

Hm. I just never notice when
they
wind up
the stun/command grab

I got just as far and died to that attack every time.

The
other witch is still in the room before her lifebar shows up. if you find her you can do some damage early. It may have just worked out for me, they were never on the same side of the room in my fight so when I did get hit by the stun the worst I had to worry about was a hit from one of the adds and that didn't happen either because I was stun locking and killing them quickly.

The
other witch is still in the room before her lifebar shows up. if you find her you can do some damage early. It may have just worked out for me, they were never on the same side of the room in my fight so when I did get hit by the stun the worst I had to worry about was a hit from one of the adds and that didn't happen either because I was stun locking and killing them quickly.
Dang,
every stun I got hit with was instant death. Oh well. Gotta git gud.

Well, I finally got into the spreadsheet at school and got everyone's PSN ids. Also, I moved my ps4 around my apartment again, and found a spot with wifi that lets me on the internet. I was going to put Bloodborne in to see if it's good enough to play online.

You're like what, 20 something?
There's plenty to get excited about, I mean I don't express it often but I look forward to things all the time.
I mean, I have a gf, and I'm in college, nothing to really do beyond this point except finish college then get a job.
I'm happy, things are just mundane, which isn't bad either.

At least you get excited about some stuff.

It really doesn't help the LP when anyone who doesn't care about the game.

Only game I'm really excited about is P5.

Well, I finally got into the spreadsheet at school and got everyone's PSN ids. Also, I moved my ps4 around my apartment again, and found a spot with wifi that lets me on the internet. I was going to put Bloodborne in to see if it's good enough to play online.

What boss you at? I'll join you later tonight (~10pm est) if you're still up for it then

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The only reason I would think Matt might detract from a Bloodborne LP is if he got frustrated and started treating the game unfairly out of spite. He can sometimes get salty and it effects his perspective, which sours the LP.

That said, I think Bloodborne is interesting enough visually and combat-wise where Matt would maintain interest levels. And the game itself seems faster than any Souls game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom