• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

I mean, I have a gf, and I'm in college, nothing to really do beyond this point except finish college then get a job.
I'm happy, things are just mundane, which isn't bad either.

Only game I'm really excited about is P5.
You could always have some bigger goals or dreams in mind.

That's good. Persona is always hype.

I'm a nerd who is building an old RPG character I have been using for years. I built her tanky, I haven't been OHKO by a single move yet
That's cool. I dunno how tanky works in Bloodborne lol. I am getting like goddamn
souls every run through here, so I should probably level up some. Just
pure levels give so much defense.
The only reason I would think Matt might detract from a Bloodborne LP is if he got frustrated and started treating the game unfairly out of spite. He can sometimes get salty and it effects his perspective, which sours the LP.

That said, I think Bloodborne is interesting enough visually and combat-wise where Matt would maintain interest levels. And the game itself seems faster than any Souls game.
I'd actually be apprehensive about a Souls game, but Bloodborne is totally something Matt could enjoy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
There's tentacles from what I heard.

giphy.gif

What platforms do you play on, btw?
PC, I have a 360 that collects dust.
You could always have some bigger goals or dreams in mind.

That's good. Persona is always hype.
I plan on finishing undergrad, getting a decent job and then going back for grad school, I guess that's my plan in life. Unless I have a decent enough job to where I won't have to go back unless a promotion or new job requires it.

Well what kind of things do you enjoy doing? Do you have a passion or hobby?
I cook, which I do on a daily basis, I usually have an herb garden every year, can't do that yet though it's still too cold, and I can build things, woodwork, welding etc..those aren't hobbies to me though, just skills I've learned.

All that besides video games, Anime to me has fallen to the wayside outside of classics and 3 specifics. (KnB, Ippo, and JJBA)

JoJo94

Well taking a break from Bloodborne now to download Life is Strange...and then I have to do the homework I have been putting off.

That's cool. I dunno how tanky works in Bloodborne lol. I am getting like goddamn
souls every run through here, so I should probably level up some. Just
pure levels give so much defense.

I'd actually be apprehensive about a Souls game, but Bloodborne is totally something Matt could enjoy.
Yeah I guess I haven't seen "tanky" persay. Just been dumping a lot into health and stamina.

Jman014

PC, I have a 360 that collects dust.

I plan on finishing undergrad, getting a decent job and then going back for grad school, I guess that's my plan in life. Unless I have a decent enough job to where I won't have to go back unless a promotion or new job requires it.

I cook, which I do on a daily basis, I usually have an herb garden every year, can't do that yet though it's still too cold, and I can build things, woodwork, welding etc..those aren't hobbies to me though, just skills I've learned.

All that besides video games, Anime to me has fallen to the wayside outside of classics and 3 specifics. (KnB, Ippo, and JJBA)

Check your PMs

beinfilms

Well taking a break from Bloodborne now to download Life is Strange...and then I have to do the homework I have been putting off.

Yay! There's been way too much Bloodborne talk, and not nearly enough Life is Strange, because holy shit, episode 2 is good!

Jesus Christ this One Piece arc is the most Namek shit ever. Luffy finally gets to fight the main bad guy and he's like 'my technique will destroy this country in about an hour.'

Xiraiya

Fair enough, it's good to have practical skills for whatever, still sounds like you just haven't found that something that is a "you" thing you truly enjoy doing in your spare time.

90% of why I play video games is because I care about them, I guess it's a passion.
I care about what goes into making them, who made them, the thought process behind different mechanics and ascetic things and all that stuff. I care about the experience they're designed to give, Everything from the UI, to the music, the style of textures and all that stuff is put together to be one whole experience unique to that game.

I don't really give a shit about the business side of things because that gets in the way of the experience most of the time, it's not the most practical or even viable way to look at games with how the industry is right now, but I do believe it's the most important way to appreciate them.

Yo I'm fighting this weird gun holding death looking thing in the first block. It happened while I was looking away. Is this an anti-idling troll thing they added?
I have no idea how that is even possible. I'm sitting on like 20 mil or something

Probably because I don't play on expert.

Yo I'm fighting this weird gun holding death looking thing in the first block. It happened while I was looking away. Is this an anti-idling troll thing they added?

That's The Reaper. He appears if you spend too much time on the same floor. You can defeat him when you're properly leveled.
Mind break sounds super fucked up, I don't know what Netori is and the old men part is an automatic noooooooooo.

Netori is the opposite of Netorare. They're both equally shit tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom