• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I just did my first invasion. It was laggy, but it still worked for the most part. I won easily. Instead of attacking me, they kept trying to run away, but it was a small place, so I caught up and pounded on them until they died. They didn't even use their melee weapon, just their gun.

Xiraiya

tumblr_nj9jaj6dZt1r96fbco1_500.jpg

This needs to be how Episode 5 Plays out.

Really though. I was in the Persona OT right when I joined GAF, the discussion loops every 50 pages there.
Wasn't that before the spin off announcements? I wouldn't be surprised. I'm trying to post more in the Megaten thread, but it seems I'm just making it deader. /smtg/ is the best when it comes to activeness tho.

Wasn't that before the spin off announcements? I wouldn't be surprised. I'm trying to post more in the Megaten thread, but it seems I'm just making it deader.
Yeah, leading up to Ultimax that was what a lot of discussion was. I gotta admit I prefer when it randomly comes up in here for a page. I'm kinda spoiled in that pretty much every topic here is something I'm interested in,
and you're all nice, cool, smart people

Zenfalcia

There is a lot more to it than that, but most of the premise is a twist in it's self, so...
I'll figure it out when i read it.
Kallen is best Girl. because she has the life, the hometown, and the spirit of Domon.
Just because they have the assets, doesn't mean they have the charm to use them. C.C. is better.
Well, she was longer there then I. So she's techically my senpai

Don't you dare those again. They're a disgrace to Meiko-chan
I see. You should get senpai's attention.

You loved them tho.

Shoot me a PM when you're ready. I want to crack open that new controller.

Watching Maximillion talk about the FGC makes me want to get back into Smash.

Watching Max talk about the FGC in general will just make you wanna play fighting games, I watch his videos when I'm salt or just need a boost and they make me feel better, or I'll watch online ranked matches of randoms who main Dudley or Poison and see they're shit and that makes me feel better.

Zenfalcia

Smash isn't even a fighting game tho.
Yeah, leading up to Ultimax that was what a lot of discussion was. I gotta admit I prefer when it randomly comes up in here for a page. I'm kinda spoiled in that pretty much every topic here is something I'm interested in,
and you're all nice, cool, smart people
Oh jeez... Oh man.. >_>

Xiraiya

Now I want to see if someone ripped a bunch of the character models from Life Is Strange into GMOD so then I can make them do JoJo poses and take rad screenshots.

ultimax

Shoot me a PM when you're ready. I want to crack open that new controller.

I'm down whenever, it'd be cool to get a full lobby going though.

And yeah, that was an interesting video

Xiraiya

Question for those who have played Episode 2 of Life is Strange.
When Max finds the dorm trashed, is that a fixed event or can that be avoided?

It's a result of you telling the principle about Nathan in the bathroom, Beloved didn't get it in her game because she kept quiet, it really confused us both at first.

Nordicus

Pillars of Eternity does not look like a game I would enjoy.

Glad it is living up to the hype
For real, I've played like an hour and a half, but the improvements the game has made on infinity engine type RPGs are already amazing

No more ranged enemies instakilling your squishy characters at low levels! Huzzah!

Oberon

Banned
I'll figure it out when i read it.

Just because they have the assets, doesn't mean they have the charm to use them. C.C. is better.

I see. You should get senpai's attention.

You loved them tho.

I should make a thread about it on NEOgaf. "She's parrying all my moves, is she interested in me?"
and the Wiiu is a pretty stupid name amarite?

Xiraiya

For real, I've played like an hour and a half, but the improvements the game has made on infinity engine type RPGs are already amazing
No more ranged enemies instakilling your squishy characters at low levels! Huzzah!

I'm really hyped about getting to play it, I hope it scratches my Arcanum itch.

I've played like 2.5 combined hours of the "genre" between Fallout, Fallout 2, and Planetscape Torment. I really wanna pick it up and see if modernity makes it a bit less intimidating and smoother to learn.

Watching Max talk about the FGC in general will just make you wanna play fighting games, I watch his videos when I'm salt or just need a boost and they make me feel better, or I'll watch online ranked matches of randoms who main Dudley or Poison and see they're shit and that makes me feel better.

If you're struggling with SF4, why not pick a balanced fighter like Ryu or Ken?

I do that mainly to learn fundamentals.

Nordicus

I've played like 2.5 combined hours of the "genre" between Fallout, Fallout 2, and Planetscape Torment. I really wanna pick it up and see if modernity makes it a bit less intimidating and smoother to learn.
It has about as much mechanics stuff as Planescape to learn, but most mechanical phrases in text have a pop-up that immediately appears upon hovering on the word, a detailed description of what it is, what it does, what affects it, etc.

And, the learning curve in combat trial&error is absolutely smoother, because you have "per encounter" health bar called Endurance, and a persistent health bar actually called Health that's 4x your max Endurance.

This means that your characters sort of have limited regeneration out of combat. Your character's only truly dead if the persistent Health reaches 0 (twice, first time you're maimed). Endurance, when it hits zero, makes you go unconscious.

So you can have a few less-than-perfect fights without having to heal or rest (or reload) immediately.

croten

From what I've seen it looks very good. Pick up divinity as well, me and Mara have been playing and it kicks ass.

If you're struggling with SF4, why not pick a balanced fighter like Ryu or Ken?

I do that mainly to learn fundamentals.

I'm not really struggling, I'm playing against B+ and around there dudes. It's how I always got better at fighting games, play people who are way better.

My biggest issue is that sometimes my mental state just breaks and I freeze, or drop a combo and doing that two time can often times cost you a match or round.

It has about as much mechanics stuff as Planescape to learn, but most mechanical phrases in text have a pop-up that immediately appears upon hovering on the word, a detailed description of what it is, what it does, what affects it, etc.
And, the learning curve in combat trial&error is absolutely smoother, because you have "per encounter" health bar called Endurance, and a persistent health bar actually called Health that's 4x your max Endurance.
This means that your characters sort of have limited regeneration out of combat. Your character's only truly dead if the persistent Health reaches 0 (twice, first time you're maimed). Endurance, when it hits zero, makes you go unconscious.
So you can have a few less-than-perfect fights without having to heal or rest (or reload) immediately.
That sounds really really interesting. And actually very lenient. Cool stuff.
From what I've seen it looks very good. Pick up divinity as well, me and Mara have been playing and it kicks ass.
Divinity, I've had that wishlisted forever. Just being a cheapskate about waiting for a sale. I'd like to support Obsidian though, except for the fact I don't really have time to devote to it along with BlooBlorne right this second.

croten

That sounds really really interesting. And actually very lenient. Cool stuff.

Divinity, I've had that wishlisted forever. Just being a cheapskate about waiting for a sale. I'd like to support Obsidian though, except for the fact I don't really have time to devote to it along with BlooBlorne right this second.

It's very much worth the full price.

Never seen Madoka

I would recommend it. The show is not what it initially shows.
I'm not really struggling, I'm playing against B+ and around there dudes. It's how I always got better at fighting games, play people who are way better.

My biggest issue is that sometimes my mental state just breaks and I freeze, or drop a combo and doing that two time can often times cost you a match or round.

I suck at doing combos in SF4 so I just play Rose :p

I would recommend it. The show is not what it initially shows.

I suck at doing combos in SF4 so I just play Rose :p

I picked up Poison, and she is really fun. Basically you just hit confirm with lp/lk and do whip of love and that's basically your bnb combo along with zoning with your fireball.

You can do ex WoL into ultra one if you need just a little more damage for a round although with the scaling it isn't worth it unless you know it's going to kill.

Her zoning game is probably top 3 in the game along with Ryu and Sagat.

I picked up Poison, and she is really fun. Basically you just hit confirm with lp/lk and do whip of love and that's basically your bnb combo along with zoning with your fireball.

You can do ex WoL into ultra one if you need just a little more damage for a round although with the scaling it isn't worth it unless you know it's going to kill.

Her zoning game is probably top 3 in the game along with Ryu and Sagat.

That is kinda what I like about Rose, you just need to hit something into soul spiral into super if you have it. I really like Juri's zone game as well but I never spent enough time with her.

And I mess around with Poison as well. I really like her different fireballs. Her DP is a little lacking but the rest of her moves are good enough that it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom