• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
y7wLE4p.gif

I actually hate moe.

Its super lame.

I prefer action and not the stupid cute bullshit.

So playing through DMC, this is not exactly what I expected. It's like some weird mix between RE and character action games, you can really notice that this is character action at its most basic. Gotta say though that castle "music" is just really annoying, got on my nerves. Also the chapters that are just "go to this place fast" are annoying, seems like pure padding.

But the worst thing has got to be the camera, how am I expected to do well in combat and platforming when it switches the angle on me whenever it wants. Right now I'm at a boss that requires me to dodge it's lasers and to do that I need to know at what height they're coming in. Instead I have no idea whether I have to jump or not and sometimes I can't even see where they're coming from, it's just hell.

I'm considering calling it for now and skip to DMC 3, thoughts? I'm guessing that I won't be able to survive DMC 2 if this is already giving me a rough time.

Don't. Just power through, or just watch someone play through. Also 2 isn't hard. It's the easiest and most boring
Not hard, the difficulty is fine. It's just a bit tedious I guess, I'm not having that much fun. Lots of time spent going from place to place and backtracking. Also the combat honestly isn't that great, it's decent, but nothing special. Maybe it was great for its time.

croten

Not hard, the difficulty is fine. It's just a bit tedious I guess, I'm not having that much fun. Lots of time spent going from place to place and backtracking. Also the combat honestly isn't that great, it's decent, but nothing special. Maybe it was great for its time.

It's really rough around the edges. It's not worth playing if you aren't having fun, nor is DMC2

To be honest, I agree with you. DMC1 is a deliberate combat game and it's fine, but it probably was infinitely better when it came out. DMC3 best game.

So I just started Legend of the Galactic Heroes. So in Game of Thrones I don't know who to root for whereas in this I don't know who to not root for.

Emouse

So I just started Legend of the Galactic Heroes. So in Game of Thrones I don't know who to root for whereas in this I don't know who to not root for.

Nice, I have yet to watch/read that, but you also reminded me about this, those guys seem to want to translate/publish it

God damn I cant argue cause Piccolo is my favorite character.

He's dabes, I remember at a con I got to play a demo of Battle of Z and I just picked a whole team of Piccolos, it was pretty great

Nice, I have yet to watch/read that, but you also reminded me about this, those guys seem to want to translate/publish it

Everyone is so cool. Reinhard is basically if you took the best parts of Griffith and Char Aznable and molded them to form a human being. And then Yang Wenli is like the best tactician in the series but he doesn't want to do anything and is only a commander to pay off student loans, he's also fiercely loyal to democracy even when the one he serves is hopelessly corrupt. It's so good. The animation is really dated though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom