• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMC3_Title_Screen.jpg
What the hell is this

who looked at this title screen and went "yeah ship it!"

People like that use the word "anime" to describe video games with a certain aesthetic. Anime is a medium with lots of different artstyles. Saying that something looks "anime" is dumb.

So they're basically saying it's either too Japanese looking or it's too weeb-ish...

Like the Tales games?

Skrams

You ain't seen nothing until you reach Cthulhu Village.
I don't believe you.
Bloodborne would be better if it didn't have horribly long loading times.
Could be said of a lot of games.
Not even just IGN, seeing everyone complain about this game is hilarious. The two most common complaints I've seen is
Vicar Amelia
and the BFB being brick walls for people when I thought they were like 2 of the easiest bosses in the entire game.
Vicar Amelia is the latest boss I've beaten and I beat her first try. I died to BFB once because I was unprepared for poison. I did use Flame Paper on BFB and Shock Paper on Vicar Amelia, but even without it I doubt it would of been much trouble. Only took 2-3 tries on Father and Cleric Beast as well. I've also rarely hit walls in Souls games so maybe that's why I'm not having much trouble. Everything continues to be simple if you take your time. It could be construed as harder if you're really bad at dodging in this game, but eh, I'm alright. It feels really good to dodge forward through attacks and sprays of bullets.

I have things to do and now I just want to play more Bloodborne. It's too good.

People like that use the word "anime" to describe video games with a certain aesthetic. Anime is a medium with lots of different artstyles. Saying that something looks "anime" is dumb.

It's a lazy term used by people to throw anime games or whatever else under the bus usually from what I've seen. It's easier to discount something based off a surface view rather than give it a fair shake.

Xiraiya

He is, I wouldn't mind a Bardock mini series, but I guess we got the movies so that's something

I don't really want anymore, we have enough, he was a badass and then he became the Super Saiyan of legend, I say quit while they're ahead.

(Amusingly I guess that means Vegeta descended from Bardock)

Emouse

I don't really want anymore, we have enough, he was a badass and then he became the Super Saiyan of legend, I say quit while they're ahead.

(Amusingly I guess that means Vegeta descended from Bardock)

That's fair, sometimes it's better to keep things short instead of overdoing it

I have no problem with it. I do it all the time. It's the easiest way to describe a certain art style and while we all know there's a ton of variation, we also all know exactly what the other is talking about when you use anime to describe an art style.

Easiest way to describe the art style of Valkyrie Drive is to just say it's anime.

No matter what people tell me about the Tales games, it's looks so uninspired and generic, that I don't want to give it a shot.

The whole cutesy art design that the series is going for really turns me off to trying the game.

Yet I hear them come up constantly when talking about action RPGs.

I can't see them in the same ballpark as Souls games now.

ultimax

I have no problem with it. I do it all the time. It's the easiest way to describe a certain art style and while we all know there's a ton of variation, we also all know exactly what the other is talking about when you use anime to describe an art style.

Easiest way to describe the art style of Valkyrie Drive is to just say it's anime.

That makes sense, i usually thought when people use the word anime to describe things, they were referring to dumb creepy tropes and stuff like that

Emouse

Oh shit, little late but I just saw the Hisako trailer, and she's avaliable tomorrow?

Anyone up for some KI this weekend maybe?

The whole cutesy art design that the series is going for really turns me off to trying the game.

There is nothing about the Tales games that appeals to me. It looks like light fantasy, a genre that I actively hate. The art looks cute for the sake of it, and so lifeless.

The art isn't for everyone, but the combat is actually fun. Especially in later games, Graces F and Hearts R have really in depth and rewarding combat. The stories are hit or miss along with the cast, but they have a simple charm that's easy to get into and they do a lot of stuff late game that messes with expectations of JRPG formula.

They're by no means top shelf JRPGs, but they're consistently fun and overall the series is pretty good in my opinion.

The art isn't for everyone, but the combat is actually fun. Especially in later games, Graces F and Hearts R have really in depth and rewarding combat. The stories are hit or miss along with the cast, but they have a simple charm that's easy to get into and they do a lot of stuff late game that messes with expectations of JRPG formula.

They're by no means top shelf JRPGs, but they're consistently fun and overall the series is pretty good in my opinion.

I just love how some of the attacks look in Graces F

I heard someone has already got their copy of Xenoblade 3D dispatched...

I'm sad, but also relieved BECAUSE IF IT COMES MY LAST 3 ESSAYS WILL SUFFER.

Nordicus

Holy shit, Obsidian you clever bastards.

Guys, you know how in RPGs like this, you can attack your fellow friendly NPCs but it's considered a horrible, game-ending idea?

Look at this shit from the tutorial. Your main quest changes if you attack friendlies.

I am tempted to go batshit insane evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom