• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emouse

I'd be down for a few rounds since Hisako will be out.

Cool cool, I'll bring it up again on the weekend where people might see

Holy shit, Obsidian you clever bastards.

Guys, you know how in RPGs like this, you can attack your fellow friendly NPCs but it's considered a horrible, game-ending idea?

Look at this shit from the tutorial. Your main quest changes if you attack friendlies.

I am tempted to go batshit insane evil

Hah nice, I have just finished installing actually, tho I won't get to it for a while cuzza Bloodborne, looking forward to it tho

croten

Guys, you know how in RPGs like this, you can attack your fellow friendly NPCs but it's considered a horrible, game-ending idea?

Look at this shit from the tutorial. Your main quest changes if you attack friendlies.

It's an Obsidian game. They have anticipated everything.

croten

Didn't even know I could play as Vergil(got that pic off google)

I did, what is that anyway? It didn't explain to me what gold and yellow are.

It's the continue system, if you chose yellow then when you die you will have to start at the beginning of the level unless you have a yellow orb but if you chose gold then you can continue as often as you want and yellow orbs have been replaced with gold orbs that completely restore your health upon death.

Xiraiya

I don't know, you could kill whoever in Arcanum which was one of their games when Tim Cain etc. were still Troika.

You could complete the game by killing everyone along the way and picking up fucked up party members, some would even leave you because you would reach a level of evil even they couldn't deal with unless you talked them into staying with Charisma, and then you would start fucking up their alignment just by being near them.

It's great and one reason why I love older RPGs.
It's just a thing most RPGs are too lazy to do these days, Morrowind had an evil Path too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I did, what is that anyway? It didn't explain to me what gold and yellow are.

Yellow is the original hardcore mode that was the NA release. Yellow orbs act as your continues. When you use one after dying, you spawn at the last checkpoint, otherwise you need to restart the Mission from the beginning. This was one of the ways they made the American version of the original release harder than the Japanese version.

Gold Orb mode is where you have unlimited continues, but you can use a Gold Orb to resurrect yourself on the spot.

Personally, I prefer Yellow because that's the way I played it originally. Gold Orbs make things way too easy. But you shouldn't be using items anyway, so it's fine if you want the free continues.

Eh, I suppose I'll play a little bit of Bloodborne this evening. Wasn't originally planning on any today.

I don't feel up for trying to S rank the remaining missions I have left in AC Nexus right now.

Nordicus

It's an Obsidian game. They have anticipated everything.
Excellent point.
I don't know, you could kill whoever in Arcanum which was one of their games when Tim Cain etc. were still Troika.

You could complete the game by killing everyone along the way and picking up fucked up party members, some would even leave you because you would reach a level of evil even they couldn't deal with unless you talked them into staying with Charisma, and then you would start fucking up their alignment just by being near them.

It's great and one reason why I love older RPGs.
It's just a thing most RPGs are too lazy to do these days, Morrowind had an evil Path too.
I haven't played Arcanum....

Really need to because I love VtMB. Need a physical copy though, to complete my little Troika collection

Numb

I was hoping on some BB today but got shit to do, thankfully its friday heading into the weekend.
What won in the watch?
i may not make it depending on the answer. Not ready to reach siblings/married status yet.

I was hoping on some BB today but got shit to do, thankfully its friday heading into the weekend.
What won in the watch?
i may not make it depending on the answer. Not ready to reach siblings/married status yet.

PSG Subbed won for this week, next week is the great bonding experience.

Xiraiya

Excellent point.
I haven't played Arcanum....
Really need to because I love VtMB. Need a physical copy though, to complete my little Troika collection

The Arcanum Manual is almost as thick as the Steel Battalion manual, filled with tons of lore and extra stuff and old men discussing the sciences behind different schools of Magick.
Great game.

And you have a Virgil in it.

BB
The way The Unseen Village has evolved is fantastic. I explored it the first time I got killed by the bag guys but they have really stepped everything about it up. The way the world evolves in general is great.

360pages

I will say that one thing DBZ has over a lot of recent Anime is that no matter how long the story arc is. It always ends satisfyingly. I don't think any arc ever ended with me saying. (That's it?)

So the site I showed you all before was for an anime store that I just found out is located near my hometown.

I want to visit after work. I never go into those places.

Mokoi

Banned
Oh I see. Will watch now.
Hey, long time no see. How's it going. They are doing 2 mech weeks. Last week was all VTs and more realistic mechs where as this week is all Super Robots.
It's good, and thanks for the info.
Holy shit I remember you posting during the early threads, you had a Nozomi avatar as well.
Yeah back when it was a miracle if the thread got two pages in weeks. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom