• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about gundam to like or hate.

I have watched a few series, but I have no idea how each one connects. The last one i put some time in was Gundam 00 when that used to come on sci fi along with monster.

also hello what sup you all

There's one main timeline and a bunch of offshoot ones that aren't related. You can watch a ton of Gundam and see none of the main universe.

Watching horrible RAW.

Laputa_94

Gundam is rad, it's a slow and political show a lot of the time, but that's what gives the battles actual importance and in my opinion, that's what makes it the greatest mech franchise of all time.

Couldn't have said it better myself
MC89hrim.jpg

Fuck off, space traitor! I have the strength of a world behind me! Your cylindrical toys mean nothing!

And its you earth folks thinking nothing of us that gives us the right to be recognized as our own free people not to be controlled by your government.
gundam-char-s-counterattack-1.jpg

convo

So how long and on how many days will they do their Bloodborne sessions?
I can't see them going through the game using only a few weapons .They will probably scrub it out and make back up saves for the endings. Anybody got a clue what their gimmick is for this one? Always coop?

Ah shit. I was too busy reading manga and I missed the new Mechaweek 2 video and Matt Mercer's Critical Role is happening. Fuck. I'm gonna continue to read manga and watch the archive tomorrow.
I'll watch Mechaweek in a bit. Just gotta... keep... reading...

Xiraiya

Gundam is rad, it's a slow and political show a lot of the time, but that's what gives the battles actual importance and in my opinion, that's what makes it the greatest mech franchise of all time.

I usually eat that stuff up, I guess Gundam verse just doesn't resonate with me in the right way to care about it's politics.

So how long and on how many days will they do their Bloodborne sessions?
I can't see them going through the game using only a few weapons .They will probably scrub it out and make back up saves for the endings. Anybody got a clue what their gimmick is for this one? Always coop?
They're already recording in advance since Day one to put up the first episode on Monday at 3. The gimmick is
Woolie and Pat passing off the controller on every death

If you wanna watch Gurren Lagann hype then there's G Gundam. If you wanna watch a straight forward political story with clear underdog protagonists then there's Wing. If you wanna know how Tomino gives GRR Martin a run for his money then there's Victory Gundam. And if you wanna see a mecha show with a Shinji-like protagonist that eventually grows out of his Shinji-ness and also has the best slap in anime history then watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam. If you wanna watch a Gundam that encapsulates the moral ambiguity of the UC timeline then watch War in the Pocket.

JoJo94

I was kinda blown away by how it was actually really good.

I was worried it would be a bit too hipster based on how people talked about it...but it's nowhere close to what people were saying. Plus the dialogue really wasn't that bad to me (probably because I talk to people like that a lot). It was really fun and I liked the characters.

I'm thinking of replaying the first part just to see what I missed.

Now I can watch the lp too.

I don't know why I liked it so much. I guess it was the presentation, and vibe of it. Also I don't believe your choices will have drastic consequences disclaimer one bit. I'll probably play episode 2 this weekend.

Well I'm wondering what will change and how since it does leave more room for interpretation with some of them, while others I can tell are not that deep. I think I liked it just cause it felt like a good break and a good intro despite some pacing things. Plus like I said I liked the characters.

And its you earth folks thinking nothing of us that gives us the right to be recognized as our own free people not to be controlled by your government.
gundam-char-s-counterattack-1.jpg
Govern yourselves all you wish. But if you try to sever ties with the planet that sustains you and protects you, and you try to do so with base violence against the citizens of earth (your brethren, whatever your space racism leads you to believe), and expect to be responded to in kind.

She's the BO$$ got a reason.

Bayley is still best NXT waifu, though.

Nope.

I actually kinda don't like Bayley's character..it seems really..idk..John Cena-ish.

I fucking love Blue Pants though..that shit makes the show for me.
I missed the last month of wrestling.
Should i watch to prepare for Rustlemania next week?
Don't watch Wrestlemania, go watch Wrestle Kingdom 9 instead.

Bruh, Gundam is boring, even for a mecha.
Gundam definitely works a lot better if you come in as a general scifi fan, since many of the shows lean more towards that than your average mecha show does.

The problem is that Gundam often does the scifi and politics worse than your average western scifi show (depending on the series), so the more action oriented stuff is often more enjoyable to people who aren't big scifi fans.

Gundam definitely works a lot better if you come in as a general scifi fan, since many of the shows lean more towards that than your average mecha show does.

The problem is that Gundam often does the scifi and politics worse than your average western scifi show (depending on the series), so the more action oriented stuff is often more enjoyable to people who aren't big scifi fans.
Most western sci fi shows are shit, beyond a few standouts. For every Firefly, there are 7 The 100s.

Laputa_94

Govern yourselves all you wish. But if you try to sever ties with the planet that sustains you and protects you, and you try to do so with base violence against the citizens of earth (your brethren, whatever your space racism leads you to believe), and expect to be responded to in kind.

That is fair but (Gundam Unicorn spoilers or at least an opinion from a character from it)
the federation is afraid of the possibility of Newtypes, and that if the colonies rule themselves Earth looses a big source of economic income since earth is in terrible shape from the one year war and colony/asteroid droppings.
This is one of the reasons we are oppressed by Earth.

360pages

I actually don't care much for SC-Fi at all, though I think Mecha is alright. And I much prefer SC-FI over generic Fantasy world set in times of knights and dragons without much of a spin on it. (Which is somewhat why I can't get into game of thrones)

That is fair but (Gundam Unicorn spoilers or at least an opinion from a character from it)
the federation is afraid of the possibility of Newtypes, and that if the colonies rule themselves Earth looses a big source of economic income since earth is in terrible shape from the one year war and colony/asteroid droppings.
This is one of the reasons we are oppressed by Earth.
Probably because they assume newtypes are going to be great weapons for the militant assholes in space they always have to contend with.

YEAH MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT.
Fucking space traitor.

Hey Banana or anyone who is far into Bloodborne
BB
I think I may have just made a mistake in the university. After killing the giant and going down the ladder I saw a spider so of course I killed it. It started talking to me and dropped a great wisdom thing. I'm guessing I shouldn't have killed him? Did he say anything useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom