• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

semisonic

Banned
a3rdASe.gif

That's fucking sick

Relating to Bloodborne,
I need some tips on dealing with Darkbeast Paarl. Trying to hit his targetable points is difficult due to range (Saw Cleaver's my most powerful weapon so far) and I haven't found a way to stagger him with guns.

OH GOD THERE'S MORE OF THOSE THINGS, I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ONE!
You can not comprehend the realness.
Hey Banana or anyone who is far into Bloodborne
BB
I think I may have just made a mistake in the university. After killing the giant and going down the ladder I saw a spider so of course I killed it. It started talking to me and dropped a great wisdom thing. I'm guessing I shouldn't have killed him? Did he say anything useful?
Where are you?

Laputa_94

Probably because they assume newtypes are going to be great weapons for the militant assholes in space they always have to contend with.

YEAH MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT.
Fucking space traitor.

If we never dropped those colonies we would still be looked down as space subjects to only be able to live the way people who have never left earth dictates.

If we never dropped those colonies we would still be looked down as space subjects to only be able to live the way people who have never left earth dictates.
Where is this prewar oppression? Your independence movement was started by a radical who wished to force humanity off of earth, and then taken over by warmongers! The initial blow was yours, and everything afterwards a response. Who's dictating whose fate again?

Anung

Un Rama
Because I accidentally broke sequence on the bosses when I went back to the ones I should have done I tore them apart. I'm level 47 now :D

Laputa_94

You... You I like.
I simply accept the light of the church of Chie.

Where is this prewar oppression? Your independence movement was started by a radical who wished to force humanity off of earth, and then taken over by warmongers! The initial blow was yours, and everything afterwards a response. Who's dictating whose fate again?
Yeah alright it is hard to defend those damned Zabis

BB
The Lecture Building in the Nightmare, I think. At least I am able to port to it from the place that takes you to the nightmare areas.
I should explore the Lecture Building some then.
Banana, any tips for the third boss on BB?

That instantly poison crap fucking sucks.
Third phase is a bitch. Try to save your heals and flame paper til then. Being in the vicinity of him causes poison, so try to buy some time to for the poison to fade.
Watch out for the grab. It has a very easy tell, but the hitbox is deceptive.

Alfebit

Banned
Bloodborne question.
What's the best place to farm bullets? I'm running low and I need them to wreck the blood starved beast. I was able to pull off visceral attacks on it pretty easy up until he gets to about a third of his health where he seems to get way more aggressive.

Third phase is a bitch. Try to save your heals and flame paper til then. Being in the vicinity of him causes poison, so try to buy some time to for the poison to fade.
Watch out for the grab. It has a very easy tell, but the hitbox is deceptive.

3rd boss spoilers

Father G's set in the insight store helps A LOT against poison. Upgrade your weapons and parry him with your pistol. He's super weak to parrying on his big wind up swing after his small swipes.

Just got invaded for the first time. He came rushing at me, I shot him with my pistol and killed him in one hit with the parry attack thing. GG no RE

sjay1994

Bloodborne question.
What's the best place to farm bullets? I'm running low and I need them to wreck the blood starved beast. I was able to pull off visceral attacks on it pretty easy up until he gets to about a third of his health where he seems to get way more aggressive.

Central Yharnam

remember that shortcut I told you about? In the blacked out room, keep killing the wheelchair guy. He always has bullets

Those theater stories... I used to watch Star Wars like that. I like this guy.

Did you get to the part where he says he's a huge Gundam fan and his son calls him the Gundam Otaku?

That was really cool hearing him talk about the days of him working on FF 3-6 and Xeno. Maybe I should upgrade to a New 3DS and pick it up. Maybe Monster Hunter too.

Its a great game. My third favorite of the Xeno games behind Saga 3 and Gears, but still one of the best JRPGs of the generation.

sjay1994

I stoped playing BB a bit earlier because I was just lost and have no idea where to go now.

I am in old yharnam still, and I've killed machine gun guy and the normal hunter, but now I have no idea where to go. The chapel leads to a dead end, and I found the house with the charred hunters gear and the gun spear, but I have no idea where to go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom