• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for anyone who took a look at that Reverse Design thing (and anyone else, really), I was thinking of starting my own LP serieseses with a similar premise, where I play through a game and point out the invisible guiding hand of the game designers, and the ways they direct you that you may not notice. I always find it really interesting when 2BF does so, even if I have often heard of those techniques before (light sources draw you in, players don't look up), but I wonder if I'm alone in that. Do you guys think there'd be an audience for that sort of thing?

I'll probably give it a shot soon regardless of replies here, but I wanted to gauge interest.
Design-focus playthroughs are something I'm sure some people would eat up, like most things it requires you to get noticed and, to be frank, gain credibility through making good observations.

Matthewmatosis did some commentaries, and that's the closest thing to that I can think of.
So it would be like the commentary in most Valve games? I'd be into that.
Valve commentaries are dabes

360pages

I really should play more Xenoverse, my 3DS is busted because the R button is super locked for some reason. And I can only play a select few games on it.

By the way, do you ever do anything else with that
crow costume wearing person? She's a hunter telling me to hunt for now but her outfit is pretty cool.

Also, in a totally unrelated note, a buddy of mine told me he read on reddit that
higher insight = higher difficulty. Is there any merit to this?
She is in a covenent. I need to find it.

And yes.

By the way, do you ever do anything else with that
crow costume wearing person? She's a hunter telling me to hunt for now but her outfit is pretty cool.

Also, in a totally unrelated note, a buddy of mine told me he read on reddit that
higher insight = higher difficulty. Is there any merit to this?

Yes, Ive tested this myself now. I've been running around pretty much the entire game with near max insight. The higher the insight, the tougher the enemies are. They gain new abilities and such.

Hmm, I might pick up either Dark or Demon Souls if I get the chance, but the games might be too hard for me.
Honestly, the games are only hard if you let them beat you down. If you let the games frustrate you, you won't go far.

I feel Demon's is the easiest game in the series, but it still has it's beginner walls. Don't stress too much, and don't be intimidated.

This is honestly awesome news for me, even if I've made things tougher for myself.
I've wanted some form of dynamic difficulty back ever since World Tendency in Demon's Souls, and this great.

Something tailor made to you. I've actually played Custom Robo before, but it was the N64 games. I liked the blocky aesthetic of that more than the games after it, though.

I'm still kind of hoping Another Century's Episode gets featured before Supa Robo Mechaweek is over. ACE 3 especially, since that one has Shin Getter Robo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom