• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilvocare

So I was watching the Best Friends Custom Robo video, and I got curious to see what the reception for the game was when it came out.

...oh my god there was no taste back then. Game musta been ahead of its time.

Seriously Game Informer??? A 5.75 out of 10?????

Good trainers are fascist and only take species in order to win, and select the Pokemon who is born with the best genes.

You're the worst kind of trainer.
tumblr_mld0xbLZs21s3k3fwo1_500.jpg

Xiraiya

Using more than one starter in you team?

Bowing to the laws of the universe and letting Gary have his way with you is absolutely disgusting.

Having all 3 starters and achieving a perfect balance is called being a Pokemon Master.
(They're all legit, I traded them from 2 other saves)

I knew he was talking about P3. The fact that people think he's tlaking about real life is hilarious.
I was like "wait what.....oh right" for a bit
So I was watching the Best Friends Custom Robo video, and I got curious to see what the reception for the game was when it came out.

GI ain't great

The action is way too frantic for 4 players.

But AC For Answer got a 5.8 on IGN IIRC, so I guess mech games are not mainstream enough?

Going to go find replacements for Victrebeel and Butterfree.

Thinking a Magneton would be replace Victrebeel

EDIT GAMEINFORMER IS THE WORST FOR THAT PAPER MARIO TTYD REVIEW

Ilvocare

GI ain't great

It's not just them, every publication that was a voice at the time in the west refused to give CR a bone higher than like 6.5. Hitting 7 was impossible.

EDIT: Yeah looking at the video 4-way FFAs have the Smash Bros problem. Combine that with the fact that I believe CR is more complex to play than Smash (not by much, but it is) and salt's gonna flow.

Oberon

Banned

The GameCube sellig as badly as it did was already a sign that poeple didn't have any good taste back then.

Bowing to the laws of the universe and letting Gary have his way with you is absolutely disgusting.

Having all 3 starters and achieving a perfect balance is called being a Pokemon Master.
(They're all legit, I traded them from 2 other saves)

Use whoever you like, I just don't like using the obviously most powerfull pokemon available. Ever thought of doing a Nuzlock run?

That game seemed underwhelming compared to the N64 Custom Robo games, which were received much more favorably.

The GameCube selltig as badly as it did was already a sign that poeple didn't have any good taste back then.

Use whoever you like, I just don't like using the obviously most powerfull pokemon available. Ever thought of doing a Nuzlock run?
Remember at the time Halo was all the rage.
Yeah it was. Treeko's evolution line had it as a signature move didn't it? Like how Blaziken was Blaze Kick.

Yeah and swamperts was the father of modern chigaco blues

Ilvocare

That game seemed underwhelming compared to the N64 Custom Robo games, which were received much more favorably.

But those never made it stateside so those reviewers couldn't possibly have used those as a frame of reference!

Also oh jeez the Best Friends taking a hardline stance against that story mode really before it even starts.

Xiraiya

Nuzlocke run would be too easy, if I'm not going to get a worthwhile challenge out of it, I may as well go all out, I'm collecting everything I can anyway.

But those never made it stateside so those reviewers couldn't possibly have used those as a frame of reference!
Except that IGN used to do import game reviews back in the early days. Gamespot as well.

The Gamecube Custom Robo just seems like another ZOE situation where people here latch onto it super hard because all the better mecha games never made it stateside.

THere's a N64 Custom Robo game?????
Two of them.

mike0dude

it's a cult classic for a reason.

Zenfalcia

They both have boyfriends, so maybe? They said that it costs like 10 bucks per month. I could go more into details but I don't want to fludd this thread with my story. Expecially since you're the only one really interested. We could however talk about in the steam chat or an instasync.
Oh, really? That makes it tons of fun. It's fine, probably. I'm sure other people are interested too.

PMs work too.
So...I just gave a little girl some fried meat, and a soda, and now she wants to be my friend? I don't often have cause to say this (since I'm pretty trusting, myself), but she is too fucking trusting!
Nice, now rigorously play with social link her until she has nothing left to give to you.
Im never doing chalice dungeons again after this.
You love it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom