• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should know by now that Pat talks shit about video games he never finished :3

rap_battle.gif

joe2187

Banned
Oh my god my brother is watching Ancient Aliens and actually believes this shit.

I cant handle the amount of bullshit on this fucking show. Why the fuck is this still airing.

That's pretty much how they're designed. You pick your poison. Either take one out so you have single powerful foe or you deal with them each separately. A lot of new players don't expect the souped up version after defeating one. I think it's a great twist to the fight.

You're making good progress, since you just started a day or so ago?

Yeah definitely, it's lots of fun. I'm consistently getting new enemies to figure out and there's a different mix to deal with almost every fight so it's always fresh. I love how the combo system rewards not mashing the same combo over and over so I actually have an incentive to switch weapons and the like. Wish there was a parry or something though, maybe I'm dumb and haven't figured it out.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah definitely, it's lots of fun. I'm consistently getting new enemies to figure out and there's a different mix to deal with almost every fight so it's always fresh. I love how the combo system rewards not mashing the same combo over and over so I actually have an incentive to switch weapons and the like. Wish there was a parry or something though, maybe I'm dumb and haven't figured it out.

There's actually an entire style devoted to parrying called Royal Guard. With this Style, your style button blocks if you hold it. You'll still take reduced damage, however, and many attacks cannot be blocked at all leaving you guard broken.

However, if you just-frame time your block, Dante will parry with a bright flash (there are actually two types of parries, blue and red, depending on how precise your timing is). You'll take no damage, you'll build a ton of Style meter, and you'll get Rage gauge. Absolutely everything can be parried with proper timing except for grabs.

As you guard attacks, you'll build Rage meter. With or without Rage meter, you can perform a Release, by pressing towards an enemy and the Style button while locked on. This will release the absorbed energy into an attack. If you just-time your release, you get a Just Release which does absurd damage, can pierce through a group of enemies, and launch Dante far.

This is a DMC4 gif, but it also applies to DMC3:
zeQfME8.gif

He Just Blocks consecutive hits of the beam, and then Just Releases the final hit.

Generally speaking, RG is an expert style that takes a lot of practice. It also limits your offensive and mobility options since you don't have Trickster, Swordmaster, or Gunslinger.

Outside of Royal Guard, and you may have noticed this in the fight with Agni and Rudra, you can sometimes time your melee strike so that it reflects the enemy's attack. A&R are particularly susceptible to this when you use a move like Cerberus' Revolver.

Oberon

Banned
I think it's time for me to actually watch those mechaweek video. I wanted to marathon them later, but I can't be bothered to wait longer.

So, the
Shadows of Yharnam
in Bloodborne.

I did not expect all three of them to go into their semi transformations when only one of them got low on health.

Zenfalcia

They didn't talk about period at all. I guess the tamest thing I could share is that, as a boyfriend, you should pay for half of the birth control pills. Which is fair enough I suppose.
That's a surprise. It only makes sense if they're doing it constantly, otherwise the rest of the time money is being wasted. With that logic, girls should also pay for half of the condoms. I want to more in-depth parts tho.

I think the worst feeling in a souls like game is when you know the boss isnt even hard and the only reason you died is because you got greedy as fuck.

SteveTR

I finally managed to set up internet on the 64-bit OS. I've been downloading graphics card drivers for about three hours, now. Almost there.

For people who dont know at the end of the video Matt was like when does the female love interest show up? this is her.

basically Miku before Miku was even a thing.
i couldnt find a bigger image sorry.
also buddy friends has a short haired police sister

SteveTR

Is there any particular reason why the internet would be different on a 64bit version of an OS?

Not really.

I have a USB WiFi adapter. I had to find the right driver first and then transfer it to the new OS. That took a while. I also had to download Chrome and all that.

Shadows of Yharnam
have been slaughtered.

This game has drawn more audible "Oh FUCK!" moments out of me than any other game From has put out. My mind just can't handle some of these things.

I am so glad the giant snake heads that get summoned don't stay for the rest of the battle.

Just jumping in real quick before I get back to this essay but Customrobo is the shit and that was the one game I was really hoping would show up on mechaweek. Okay back to hell see you guys tomorrow night probably

Oberon

Banned
That's a surprise. It only makes sense if they're doing it constantly, otherwise the rest of the time money is being wasted. With that logic, girls should also pay for half of the condoms. I want to more in-depth parts tho.

They both have boyfriends, so maybe? They said that it costs like 10 bucks per month. I could go more into details but I don't want to fludd this thread with my story. Expecially since you're the only one really interested. We could however talk about in the steam chat or an instasync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom